3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kavo224 24.09.19 12:59 pm

Error about the Landscape Editor (Black & White 2)

I would want to make your island into a B&W2 with this program. Downloaded Landscape editor and click on the install and gives an error, then there is the game itself, I have it installed .
The error is : Your installation of Black & white (R) 2 has been corrupted. Please re-install Black & white (r) 2 and then ru-run this program.
What to do?
18 Comments
Sort by:
L
Limemax 24.09.19

Dima Куприн2
Reinstall B&W2 is probably registry damaged

K
Kavo224 24.09.19

Limemax
Re-installed and still.
P. S B&W 2 from my Anthology

L
Limemax 24.09.19

Dima Куприн2
B&W2 in Russian? Maybe it's the Russian version

K
Kavo224 24.09.19

Limemax
Yes, Russian version. Wait I'll try to install English version

K
Kavo224 24.09.19

Limemax
And it's not working. The same error

L
Limemax 24.09.19

Dima Куприн2
Where you downloaded the program, do not have any notes. What version of the program, do I need anything to install?

K
Kavo224 24.09.19

Limemax
I here downloaded and there was written about what version and what is needed for the program

K
Kavo224 24.09.19

Limemax
I after a long time understand how to install this mod. It turns out the program is not found the game folder and moved to the C:\Program Files (x86)Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2
But there is a new problem
1 error _ Fatal error _ called BW3dcore - Error
2 error Failed to initialise 3D system
If you have met the problem and solved it, please tell me.

L
Limemax 24.09.19

Каво224
I looked how to solve your problem.
1) Check LandscapeEditor.ini if you have the game is not in C drive, there may be settings on With and you will have to change the way. And indeed may be the path is not correct.
2)Check what version of DirectX. You might have it too new for this game. Reinstall packages C++. Update your video card driver.

Great, I can't help you there, as he was not engaged. Hope it helps

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

Cavo224
Solved the problem?

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

People I solved this problem here's how it is done : So... you need to create a registry file (e.g. B'W2.reg) and add the following information to it:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2]
"Locale"="en_US"
"Version"=dword:00000065

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2ergc]
@="QTZ9LKO7P65RUMBP8DEV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2patch]
@=dword:00000001

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

Source: https://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105671

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

In short, more than 50 characters can not so read from the site

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

Here's a file personally like mine, but you'll only need to rename the file in B'W2.reg without .png

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2]
"Locale"="en_US"
"Version"=dword:00000065

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2ergc]
@="QTZ9LKO7P65RUMBP8DEV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsBlack and White 2patch]
@=dword:00000001

K
Kavo224 29.09.20

PiratGamer
No help, and in fact it's a team to install patch 1.1, not to solve the problem with the landscape editor

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

Cavo224
1st: Go to the folder unstuffer lionhead and EDIT (no double click, just EDIT) file LH Unstuffer Batch.bat, no computer has the same path to everithing.stuff, example:

-LionheadUnstuffer -d -path "C: Program Files Lionhead Studios Black & White 2 "C: Program Files (x86) Lionhead Studios Black & White 2 Data Everything.stuff" -

This is the contents of the .bat file. Edit the quotes, change it to another path, the first for the catalog of black and white two folders (exe-file), and the second - the way for everithing.stuff. If you've done everything right, the unstuffer will extract all the textures for editing and landscape editor.

2nd: Go to the landscape folder and open the landscapeeditor.ini file.

in sector (way) change the predetermined path for your black and white path to folder 2 (exe folder)

3rd: now you can easily open a landscape editor, I hope it will help you, I had the same problem, but with practice and research you can finally use this wonderful editor, good luck! If you have questions, don't worry, I'll help you anytime, and sorry for my bad English (soy de chile).

P
PiratGamer 29.09.20

Cavo224
https://www.bwfiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=6575.0 source