3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Antonio 16.03.20 08:08 pm

Pontus (Rome: Total War)

pix.PlayGround.ru

Who played for the bluff? Your impression of the game for this faction?

Here is an auto translation of the page from the website of TWC
http://www.twcenter.net/articles/link.php?id=92

Pont ... is the most obscure faction of RTW? All really know its history? Interested? Who cares, here is my path to the glory of the Pontic.
The campaign had passed me at a normal level, so I apologize to those who like a challenge, but I'm sure that part of nizhenapisannoe also applies to levels difficult/very difficult.

The first necessary action Pontic States clash with Armenia. If Armenians rapidly, not to deter or to destroy, they will be a thorn in your ass... ALL the TIME. Here are the reasons why Armenians have to hold back, and not to destroy: 1) You have no army to kill them at first, and later they are just not worth it 2) they are - tiring great nation for their 2 cities, destroying them involves trekking across vast mountainous areas on the edge of the world, especially if they go East to the Parthian Kingdom 3) You have MUCH bigger fish to fry almost from the beginning 4) one well-equipped Fort is all that is required to keep them for the full game.
Build a Fort and stock(share) it with Eastern infantry/baltistani. 3-4 squad should do. If Armenians let, they go home and then begin to attack the Seleucid Empire instead of you. Immeadiately offer them good things for the Union, trading rights and plot information should provide You with a case that they would not break(to break).
You need high taxes to raise the funds quickly, and the money raise through the trading rights with Greece and Seleucia first, to Fund (to consolidate) some expansion in Turkey. The Bosphorus should be drawn (taken). Bribe Nicomedia and the then move
there a few troops to ensure order, and this will grow massive economic power. Send diplomat+units combo Byzantium and repeat. These two cities have to be transformed(converted), and their Greek culture helps. If so happens, You find Thracians or Macedonians to the siege of Byzantium, attack or bribe them, because Istanbul is a key to success.
Army and strong protection is required because Macedonians - always at the forefront with a classic Hitler, who will ignore any agreements that You have, and Thrace a little better, but will hope to have the barbarians on the Northern borders. Then, turn your attention to Turkey. Ancyra needs a military solution, as it is puzzlingly barbaric and civilized island in the Greek sea ... never quite got it. Then take a diplomat, and army (You'll never go far wrong with that combination) in Harlicanassus, and to bribe and win(to win). It's not urgent, as for some reason(the mind), nor Seleucia, nor Greece will not touch the place.
You'll now have a solid Foundation to prepare your conquest. The main point(dot) must remember that You need to trade to survive. Always build ports/roads/markets if possible, and send diplomats to obtain trade rights from Egypt, Thrace and Macedon. If You can still see the road between the wagons of an ox, You still have more to make (well, neary). You can really torment cash fast at this point(the point). I personally got to about 600,000 d to about 320BC. Then, its time to control Turkey. If Seleucia already betrayed You, which they will if You leave it long enough, You should do it now (when You have a budget of 200 000 +). Keep a couple of diplomats and a substantial military presence ready Trying to convince Egypt and Ala to help You, if they have not gone to war, and when Seleucia is multiarena war steel coil(sheet) in Sardis. Bribe any units around the city and siege it. It often has a full banner units when You could let your siege to destroy their time, but to attack the city as soon as possible and take it. Leave adequate force protection in the city and then let the heart Seleucids with 2 or 3 armies. Grab as many land as You can from Empire which will disintegrate completely if You enter enough many enemies against it. Grab Antioch and Tarsus (2 more massive trade port) before Egypt gets a chance at them. Avoid irritating Egypt, leave them for later.
The conquest of the great ports for trade Seleucid - everything You need from them, so You can turn your attention back West. With Bluff, You need a Carthaginian perspective on foreign Affairs: no long held(supported) competition or endless war - unless it gets a profit, not ruined it. You now have the modern state of Turkey in your Empire, if not the Greek band Ionia. The Greeks are in a terrible position(position) from the beginning. They may have a strong Navy, which is irritating, because the bluff almost always goes without any naval presence that saves(saves) a huge expense, but their army is land poor, and can be defeated using a digger to consider phalanx and chariots to tear them apart from behind. Destroy Ionia, grab Pergamum and then get the army to Rhodes, the sweetest prize of all. 40 percent bonus to trade, the primacy of small, as well as a useful Outpost for trade. Give it the same treatment(treatment) as other port cities - trade and economy(save) completely, and a good Governor, and it should be 3000+d year now (hopefully) booming Pontic economy(savings).
Now is the time to expand in the Balkans. Macedon and Greece are always in an endless war with each other with Thrace, Rome and the Dacians, also becoming involved. All You have to do is take diplomats, and a strong army (mercenaries are a major help here - hire them) and MOP that I leave. Thessalonica - the city of the first class, and will not promote your cause no end if You take it quickly. Now You have a choice. You can complete the Greece to take the modern country of Greece, and finish in a massive war with the post-Marius Brutii army, or face the Catholics of the front part(right), to avoid inappropriate Greeks and to conduct(carry) Brutii back to Italy. Macedonians, unfortunately, must be killed appropriately, or managed in the city of Greek culture in Africa, which sometimes joins them as they will NEVER leave, so the case fairly with them, which can involve the cultivation of the Greek revival, so that they did the dirty work, while You concentrate on Rome. Don't be drawn into an attack on Italy. By the time You get there, Scipii and Julii will have significant powers and they will always return to help their cousins in significant numbers(rooms). The Italian campaign often results in the ill-fated Frank exchange of views 2 or 3 well-commanded armies outside of Rome, where your phalanxes are surrounded and pulped, and your chariots do not fall apart for no reason(mind).
Achieve balance between the blocking of the Adriatic, thus obstruction Brutii, or the deployment of strong forces and diplomats on the coast of Thermon to push the Catholics back in the sea when they land.
Made it back to the East. Egypt will eventually go for You, so their level of ambition and betrayal, so that trick should just betray them first. This will require at least 3 diplomats and 4-5 high level armies. The movement(step) down the coastal region - bribe army to enslave the city until You reach the borders of Egypt. Have a strong Foundation here, and then move inside(inside) of the country in an easterly direction. Remove what's left of the Seleucids, in Seleucia itself, so taking the only successful left Asian region. Ignore Arabia, but take all the land around it, or Egyptian or rebel. If You need a reference(recommendation) for your Asian Empire should hope in its optimal cash ability(capacity), find a map of the Ottoman Empire c. 1900 (man(man) I'm sad!!!) . That still leaves Egypt Egypt. In my experience, these areas are rich, but almost impossible to manage. Visible(reasonable) way to rid yourself of them is to capture cities and to destroy people. If they still complained, which always leads to a negative income withdraw. You leave a buffer state between You rebel Numidia and the Scipii or, depending on who prevailed in West Africa. Egyptians still not dead? Cyprus.
From here, You have a lot(of course) the greatest, most powerful, and best of all the richest Empire on the map, and there will be no factions, who can stand before You for a long time. The next step will be to take Rome and the North-Eastern Eastern kingdoms (Armenia, Parthia, etc.), but for now, You can safely say that You have, doing the most obscure of the obscure factions. Congratulations.

89 Comments
Sort by:
n
navii 16.03.20

Indigestible.

V
Vyho 16.03.20

Automatic translators are not such a...

S
Spirit_religious 16.03.20

The fact that Pontus is interesting for its opposition to Rome within the prescribed period. The war of Mithridates left their mark in history, for this reason, the developers have included this fraction in the game, not for the cultural heritage of the state of Pontus!

N
Noga Virta 16.03.20

Hello all,

I've recently started to try to play for a bluff, I liked their cavalry, coupled with the Bronze shields...

And I can not live more than 20 moves - bump Armenians with his squad Katafraktov and crushes my entire army :-[

A
Antonio 16.03.20

Pontiacs themselves unable to make the Armenians during the first 3-4 moves, and then just :)

I started playing in Pontus. Level is very difficult/very difficult.
Start 1 move.
In the early game, the faction headed by Mithridates (60 years), the heir of the faction, his eldest son pharnakes (40 years). The capital of the faction default Sinop. There is another city of Mazak. There the Governor is the middle son of Hercules. He has good qualities as a Manager, so leave him on the first moves in this city. The younger son Spartak more General is, he was only 15 years old.
The beginning of hostilities it was decided to begin with Armenia.
But the transitions are large, and the roads not yet built. So put on a single ship, a detachment of General of Pharnaces, 2 unit of Pontic heavy cavalry, 2 unit Eastern infantry, archers, and 1 detachment of Pontic light cavalry. The port city of Sinop, where the ship is pretty far away, and the infantry could not reach the ship in 1 turn, so I am bringing the ship closer to the city of Sinop, but not too close, and just passing the mouth of the river that flows between the city and the port. There and ship to ship
Место all of the above - mentioned groups and diplomat. The ship sails to the East, towards Armenia, and almost reaches the border with her. But before loading on the ship General Pharnaces, located between the Pontic cities, makes 2 steps to the East, towards Armenia, puts the rig and then loaded on the ship. Spy your move misses.
Taxes in the cities set on very high. Put in place construction in Sinop: roads and treatment of land. But in Mazak: the cultivation of the land, barracks and Shrine.

Start with 2 moves.
Подходящий- If you do everything right, the eldest daughter of Pharnaces Woo 16-year-old groom. Agree. Immediately near the capital there is a large gang of Rebels led by General of the rebels. By the way, the steeper will be the groom, the greater will be the gang.
- The leader of Mithridates of insurgent attacks. The army: Mithridates himself + young General + 1 a detachment of Pontic light cavalry + throwers (velites). Destroy the rebels, the losses are small among the bodyguards of Mithridates and the young General. Mithridates receives a victory in the retinue of Seasoned warrior (Warrior, veteran), and it +1 command infantry, +1 to security the General. Mithridates also gets 2 new features: Perfectly attacking (+3 when attacking) and fearless (+1 morale for all troops on the battlefield).
- Diplomat Pontiacs, the one on the ship with the army, sell the card and negotiating Trade privileges with the Armenian diplomat 4999 denarii. Total balance Pontiacs became 6056.
- General of Pharnaces with the part of the army attacks the enemy (archers including required). The enemy comes to battle, but the battle is behaving strangely: horse archers do not attack the infantry due to the infantry are archers that shoot further than horse archery. The enemy is moving away and at the end of the battle generally go with the card battle. The General of Pharnaces gets a win in the retinue of the Awardees of the hero + the characteristic of a Good leader (+2 leadership talent).
Armenians leave to your nearest town. General Pharnaces besieged the city.

Start 3 turns.
The majority of Sparteca (he turns 16 and it becomes a General).
- Armenians in the second (Pasadena) the city dies, the faction Leader and now General Pharnaces besieged the city where the leader of the faction of the Armenians and the Heir to the leader of the faction of the Armenians.
- We assault and destroy both enemy generals. All! Fraction Armenians no more.

Around Pontiacs now a few rebel provinces. Develop the faction to health.
If the leader of the Armenians did not die, then the destruction of the Faction of the Armenians will be delayed another couple of moves.

КартаPS
Already on the 10th move (266 BC) of Pontus may be 9 provinces (see map). Nearby rebel provinces, and there is no need to start war with neighbors or swim in the Mediterranean sea rebel Islands to conquer.

-

N
Noga Virta 16.03.20

> Antonio.
heh, nice, I guess I have some kind of buggy version of the game :-)
3-4 and I really do not have time:
The Greeks Prut to the West and to be reconciled do not want block ports Thracians, Armenians gather all the strength and rod from the East, + Seleucids wondering whether to fight with me, or not.
Keep the defense as I can, not rushing and all.

F
Fatur 16.03.20

You better get in Descr Stratum small army Pontiacs entirely of archers and infantry, and he played for another. And about 200 years before our era Pontiacs will own all of Asia. Can save to download and watch I took off in the CHEATS section > Rome Julia vs Empire of the Pont Golden army (1780мб).
That's when you'd want to war with them!

N
Noga Virta 16.03.20

> Fatur

Nope, I have learned to play for them, Cappadocian and Pontic Heavy cavalry are tearing all

F
Fatur 16.03.20

>glDen
You wouldn't happen to know what can I do if I want to install 1.5 patch, and I have the settings spelled out what 1.3 is, but the installation does not ustanavlivaet, and says that I need 1.3 and then I can install 1.5?
The whole forum I searched, but found nothing about this. Ostovlyaet your helpy, but it seems this forum is dead!

N
Noga Virta 16.03.20

> Fatur, never fashion did not and will not, sorry

(I renamed)

PS And the forums really are dead

M
Mortred 16.03.20

So let us revive it? After the forum depends on people, so we can spice things up. It is only necessary activity to increase =)

n
nimfetamin 16.03.20

Have not tried to play the bluff. Played the Parthians, now Brutus. I think the key to wealth lies in land-grabbing of Asia Minor and Greece. Any civilized faction to become more powerful by becoming the ruler of these lands.

M
Mortred 16.03.20

Why such a conclusion? come for more describe what it is

n
nimfetamin 16.03.20

This is slightly off topic, but I will describe:
Asia minor and Greece differ rich provinces with resources, small distances between the cities (plus in defence, recruitment and equipment of the army), opportunity almost everywhere to build ports, the number of wonders per km square), mercenaries ( Cretan archers, arrows Rhodes). Cities that capture relatively rich and developed (whichever period is) you can not say about Gaul, Germany, Scythia, Spain , Numidia, etc.

c
cataphract_an 16.03.20

nimfetamin

You're right, even the capture of some of the Balkans, and you will not experience problems with finances.

D
Dyuk_of_York 16.03.20

Spain wonder the poor think. There's gold and silver mine in half the provinces. Now I play for the Spaniards, the whole of Spain my + South Gaul, problems with Finance no. The same thing happened with the game for the Julio - conquest of Spain - and there is no crisis. In the history of Carthage is not in vain was eager to go.

M
Mortred 16.03.20

Yeah, only in Spanish, soldiers weak, except that the Buffalo normal. They still need to develop.

c
cataphract_an 16.03.20

The Balkans is still more money brings, because the distance between the cities Malenko + shipping.

B
Betrezen 16.03.20

Playing for Ponte - my advice - make friends with Thrace and Macedonia. It is not necessary for Constantinople to shove. Need to Asia Minor fully capture, then you can move or on Armenia and Parthia, or to the Balkans :-)

B
Betrezen 16.03.20

Again, I have the idea of conquest developed cities with paved roads and moving to the Balkans. then when Egypt or selevki build roads I'll take the city.and scipii city is necessary to take determi. I wonder what this:-) will succeed.