3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Antonio 16.03.20 08:08 pm

Pontus (Rome: Total War)

pix.PlayGround.ru

Who played for the bluff? Your impression of the game for this faction?

Here is an auto translation of the page from the website of TWC
http://www.twcenter.net/articles/link.php?id=92

Pont ... is the most obscure faction of RTW? All really know its history? Interested? Who cares, here is my path to the glory of the Pontic.
The campaign had passed me at a normal level, so I apologize to those who like a challenge, but I'm sure that part of nizhenapisannoe also applies to levels difficult/very difficult.

The first necessary action Pontic States clash with Armenia. If Armenians rapidly, not to deter or to destroy, they will be a thorn in your ass... ALL the TIME. Here are the reasons why Armenians have to hold back, and not to destroy: 1) You have no army to kill them at first, and later they are just not worth it 2) they are - tiring great nation for their 2 cities, destroying them involves trekking across vast mountainous areas on the edge of the world, especially if they go East to the Parthian Kingdom 3) You have MUCH bigger fish to fry almost from the beginning 4) one well-equipped Fort is all that is required to keep them for the full game.
Build a Fort and stock(share) it with Eastern infantry/baltistani. 3-4 squad should do. If Armenians let, they go home and then begin to attack the Seleucid Empire instead of you. Immeadiately offer them good things for the Union, trading rights and plot information should provide You with a case that they would not break(to break).
You need high taxes to raise the funds quickly, and the money raise through the trading rights with Greece and Seleucia first, to Fund (to consolidate) some expansion in Turkey. The Bosphorus should be drawn (taken). Bribe Nicomedia and the then move
there a few troops to ensure order, and this will grow massive economic power. Send diplomat+units combo Byzantium and repeat. These two cities have to be transformed(converted), and their Greek culture helps. If so happens, You find Thracians or Macedonians to the siege of Byzantium, attack or bribe them, because Istanbul is a key to success.
Army and strong protection is required because Macedonians - always at the forefront with a classic Hitler, who will ignore any agreements that You have, and Thrace a little better, but will hope to have the barbarians on the Northern borders. Then, turn your attention to Turkey. Ancyra needs a military solution, as it is puzzlingly barbaric and civilized island in the Greek sea ... never quite got it. Then take a diplomat, and army (You'll never go far wrong with that combination) in Harlicanassus, and to bribe and win(to win). It's not urgent, as for some reason(the mind), nor Seleucia, nor Greece will not touch the place.
You'll now have a solid Foundation to prepare your conquest. The main point(dot) must remember that You need to trade to survive. Always build ports/roads/markets if possible, and send diplomats to obtain trade rights from Egypt, Thrace and Macedon. If You can still see the road between the wagons of an ox, You still have more to make (well, neary). You can really torment cash fast at this point(the point). I personally got to about 600,000 d to about 320BC. Then, its time to control Turkey. If Seleucia already betrayed You, which they will if You leave it long enough, You should do it now (when You have a budget of 200 000 +). Keep a couple of diplomats and a substantial military presence ready Trying to convince Egypt and Ala to help You, if they have not gone to war, and when Seleucia is multiarena war steel coil(sheet) in Sardis. Bribe any units around the city and siege it. It often has a full banner units when You could let your siege to destroy their time, but to attack the city as soon as possible and take it. Leave adequate force protection in the city and then let the heart Seleucids with 2 or 3 armies. Grab as many land as You can from Empire which will disintegrate completely if You enter enough many enemies against it. Grab Antioch and Tarsus (2 more massive trade port) before Egypt gets a chance at them. Avoid irritating Egypt, leave them for later.
The conquest of the great ports for trade Seleucid - everything You need from them, so You can turn your attention back West. With Bluff, You need a Carthaginian perspective on foreign Affairs: no long held(supported) competition or endless war - unless it gets a profit, not ruined it. You now have the modern state of Turkey in your Empire, if not the Greek band Ionia. The Greeks are in a terrible position(position) from the beginning. They may have a strong Navy, which is irritating, because the bluff almost always goes without any naval presence that saves(saves) a huge expense, but their army is land poor, and can be defeated using a digger to consider phalanx and chariots to tear them apart from behind. Destroy Ionia, grab Pergamum and then get the army to Rhodes, the sweetest prize of all. 40 percent bonus to trade, the primacy of small, as well as a useful Outpost for trade. Give it the same treatment(treatment) as other port cities - trade and economy(save) completely, and a good Governor, and it should be 3000+d year now (hopefully) booming Pontic economy(savings).
Now is the time to expand in the Balkans. Macedon and Greece are always in an endless war with each other with Thrace, Rome and the Dacians, also becoming involved. All You have to do is take diplomats, and a strong army (mercenaries are a major help here - hire them) and MOP that I leave. Thessalonica - the city of the first class, and will not promote your cause no end if You take it quickly. Now You have a choice. You can complete the Greece to take the modern country of Greece, and finish in a massive war with the post-Marius Brutii army, or face the Catholics of the front part(right), to avoid inappropriate Greeks and to conduct(carry) Brutii back to Italy. Macedonians, unfortunately, must be killed appropriately, or managed in the city of Greek culture in Africa, which sometimes joins them as they will NEVER leave, so the case fairly with them, which can involve the cultivation of the Greek revival, so that they did the dirty work, while You concentrate on Rome. Don't be drawn into an attack on Italy. By the time You get there, Scipii and Julii will have significant powers and they will always return to help their cousins in significant numbers(rooms). The Italian campaign often results in the ill-fated Frank exchange of views 2 or 3 well-commanded armies outside of Rome, where your phalanxes are surrounded and pulped, and your chariots do not fall apart for no reason(mind).
Achieve balance between the blocking of the Adriatic, thus obstruction Brutii, or the deployment of strong forces and diplomats on the coast of Thermon to push the Catholics back in the sea when they land.
Made it back to the East. Egypt will eventually go for You, so their level of ambition and betrayal, so that trick should just betray them first. This will require at least 3 diplomats and 4-5 high level armies. The movement(step) down the coastal region - bribe army to enslave the city until You reach the borders of Egypt. Have a strong Foundation here, and then move inside(inside) of the country in an easterly direction. Remove what's left of the Seleucids, in Seleucia itself, so taking the only successful left Asian region. Ignore Arabia, but take all the land around it, or Egyptian or rebel. If You need a reference(recommendation) for your Asian Empire should hope in its optimal cash ability(capacity), find a map of the Ottoman Empire c. 1900 (man(man) I'm sad!!!) . That still leaves Egypt Egypt. In my experience, these areas are rich, but almost impossible to manage. Visible(reasonable) way to rid yourself of them is to capture cities and to destroy people. If they still complained, which always leads to a negative income withdraw. You leave a buffer state between You rebel Numidia and the Scipii or, depending on who prevailed in West Africa. Egyptians still not dead? Cyprus.
From here, You have a lot(of course) the greatest, most powerful, and best of all the richest Empire on the map, and there will be no factions, who can stand before You for a long time. The next step will be to take Rome and the North-Eastern Eastern kingdoms (Armenia, Parthia, etc.), but for now, You can safely say that You have, doing the most obscure of the obscure factions. Congratulations.

89 Comments
Sort by:
t
this is dad 2 16.03.20

Yeah, you would know how surprised I was when they sent a spy to the middle East, almost all of the city prinadlejat the Pontiacs, now I push a huge army,tried to offer the world and do not accept bribery too, they are my most powerful army underneath broke

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 16.03.20

this is dad 2
Anyone play that? If you have the opportunity - hire dogs. They Pontic chariots and horsemen great tear. Especially if you relieve the siege.

t
this is dad 2 16.03.20

playing with Brutus and by the way thank you try

S
Strateg_Antonio_Kievskyi 16.03.20

You know, judging by the posts - many people underestimate the importance of chariots in this faction... nothing by the way, very cheat troops, especially on auto battle. I remember when I started playing in Rome, even on the old, weak laptop, who wasn't battle and I had to rush just for Strat. the map (and one stroke so with the 20th began shamelessly to fail), so I just them and escaped. A detachment of chariots saved even frankly dull goblins of the desert, still making an army of them! Well, if you take a few chariots, bronze shields, Yes, Yes, heavy cavalry, OOO, such a situation can make anyone! By the way, according to my observations under AI in this region with a probability of 50/50 % rule either Pontus or Egypt...

But if you compare, as for me the most tactically similar to the Pont it is Armenia, not Parthia. Yes, the troops are almost completely different, but similar in use - heavy cavalry reminds archers katafraktov, Clibanarii - katafraktov, spearmen in Africa and they are spearmen. Of course peculiarities all their own, and some troops do not have analogues (Armenian legionaries and the same chariot), but the combination of all these forces gives You the opportunity to apply similar tactical steps, while the troops of Parthia require a completely different approach. They even temples similar and there is one military (Hercules and Armatage).
What (interestingly) play a Bluff is much easier than Armenia, because the first pulling the combat troops are his chariot, and they are available much earlier than archers cataphracts, which begins to steer Armenia (from Parthia with their Cataractae still sadder), that is why, by the way, Armenia or when not converted into a significant Empire on their own. Accordingly Pont can pull fights much faster Armenia, which extremely simplifies the game, but damn does it goraaazdo less interesting.
For example, yesterday, after work, I got to drive in a short campaign in Armenia (all naturally very Hardcore). From the start, took the rebel town and brought the Parthians from the nearest settlement (with it starting squad katafraktov without loss that color saved in the future). In the capital build anything military, namely the first blacksmith shop, and the second temple Armatage, everything else - the money, which is critically low As a result we have one full stack of troops (about 4 squad of skirmishers, 1 squad katafraktov, General 5 units, 3 unit of horse archers and all the rest – goblins of the desert), which improve the second temple and the first forge. Taking all this shushval and pru the capital of Pontus, which discourage together with the second starting city of this nation without much effort. As it turned out, the main forces of Pontus in this time finished off the Greeks, and when she finished turned to me with a clear intention to return prematurely lost capital. And here comrades starts what I've written this a bunch of information on Armenia, the section of Pont – starts (sorry) *OPA! On this level, I attack all – the Parthians rod to win your city, the Scythians climb in Cotai, evil Seleucids climb everywhere, where no two first, and the bluff methodically smearing my troops on the territory of modern Turkey as the oligarchs smear black caviar on a sandwich yourself in the morning! For the course have 2-3 siege my cities and about five battles! No money (I mean do not, leave in a minus), periodically these vampires take my own cities and only at the cost of enormous, Herculean effort I Annexure ago honestly annexed earlier. The most offensive – Pont with their cars tearing me apart, breaks my armies on the machine even if they are double and with a much more sensible General. Squad katafraktariev reduced to 3 riders and is hiding in a distant city, all the battles with Pontus have to manually since they are just multiplied by zero my pokemon in any quantity! It is difficult to escape and in the battle mode, the only option is to knock the unwary chariots with skirmishers (at what is pulstate, horse archers, little help), money less, and the lousy – in cities over people! Regular maintenance of units of the desert pelengasy, having in its ranks as many as 240 unwashed bodies, makes itself felt, with the completion of the permanent, as these "soldiers" are just cut on the next move and even their Golden stripes are still poorly save. In the end, the heat moves so 20-30 MB, if not more! According to the historical homeland of my people dog trot worn three generals, accompanied by 4 squads first, barely alive cavalry, the latter the money goes to mercenaries, but no matter what "extreme" city periodically fall under the power of the adversary than they are driving me to all the big minus, and two recently taken from Ponta cities (the majority of the population voted for the introduction of the Armenian peacekeeping contingent, and all the others I then stupidly cut) tossing the remains of my recently formidable army... to be Honest – three times thought to end this masochism to hell and to turn off the game or start it at first, but always stayed in the hope of a miracle. And the miracle happened! In one of my cities had the miracle of the population growth, after which I miraculously managed to build there stables 2nd level and got archers katafraktov! Collecting a bunch of the remnants of the troops, I'm the last penny (had to break barracks in Kutaisi to raise money) trying to retrain his goblins, but not enough for a population, in consequence of which have to dissolve the ichthyosaurs with THREE silver stripes that would restore the rest of the pterodactyls. Leaving the farm the garrison of the 23rd the remnants of the skirmishers (at the height of morality, empty city already doesn't mind absolutely, I think even if I had to burn all bearded, or, for example, those who have brown eyes, no face would not even have tried to argue, that's what a democracy!), I go in the last attack on the city of Ponta whom three (two of those that start the game and one of the rebel pressed Ponte informed the Greeks). While the rest of the city is also not empty - the Seleucids stubbornly sit in your starting city, and the last (Halikarnas if I'm not mistaken), together with Rhodes, had already conquered Egypt! But at least he's an ally, by the way - only). I have 5 groups of desert monsters with gold stripes, 4 General, 3 groups of skirmishers and 2 groups of archers-katafraktov, which (in addition to my optimism and 0.5 unfinished beer) and based my hope to win. The approaches break the army of Pontus (thank God the main army of these monsters went a roundabout way to my capital and fortunately never had to return, becoming after the destruction of the evil faction of rebels, to which I am then another moves 10 five to even approach were afraid of) and take two of the town. Left alone, the last and the most fat! Pont a breakneck speed pulls to it all that is, the main army is critical not time to return, but there are a number of smaller groups with the fucking chariot, which should still be in time for the second day of the siege... I'm in a hurry, the tension increases, beer rapidly ends, the bed bursts of light, to happiness of the wife and I not paying attention to her hysterical cry take the city in a siege! Understand that there is almost no chance, in the historic homeland of the Parthian and Scythian invaders besieging my cities but I have no strength to fight back, as there is no money for mercenaries, but the loss can not be just (otherwise you'll have to run to the store for a light bulb and a beer). However, I clearly understand that for the move, which will be built siege machines, the closest Pontouvre with their chariots, to catch up and my remains of the valiant little green men not to survive! But then, suddenly, niisan, I see the proposal to attack the city with a run, punch so to speak with feet. Christmas tree green! My only spy, drunken and forgotten on the second move, which was tucked in this town 20 moves ago and happily forgotten, has turned out to be useful! He opened his red drunk eyes he gathered the same crowd of drunks, and apparently under the pretext of oppression of the rights of the Armenian community opened the gate for my glorious army! Fierce battle and destroyed all dissenters in the name of victory of goodness and justice, many times, rusty scythe uzhos, aaab the wall! All terrible but the slow troops Ponta instantly turn into a mindless rebel faction destroyed! Money from looting is enough for the restoration of my army and running economy (built economic buildings in all cities), in addition, the remains of my family are hiring has all that you can to hire, destroy the invaders and bring democracy to them already home to the most that neither is the capital of the Seleucids and Parthia! The main part of the army, recovering and apneusis expropriated the forge on the 2nd level, no problem conquering the rest of "Turkey" and rushing to the Tarsus! Further, all extremely easy, in the new cities are hired heavy spearmen and an even greater number of archers-katafraktariev, the army are going to meet each other, seizing and destroying all that is on the way already on the machine, including the former, only to the last faithful allies of the Egyptians (democracy friendship! We are obliged to defend the Armenian-speaking inhabitants of Egypt!), meeting in the Jerusalem area – the city was taken, victory!!! ALL! You can run to the toilet, because remnants of the bulb spouse have kindly removed themselves, and the beer is not cool, have a half hour persistently invited me to visit the public baths, or even afraid of the word – the aqueduct of my apartment!

On the logical question is what am I? The answer is simple – and XS... no, to ensure that playing for the bluff like hardcore not receive, there is already a 5-6-m course appear fighting strollers and the fraction begins to "steer" which makes the game significantly less interesting, because we are pleasing only those of the victory, the achievement of which we put the most effort, the rest is dust and blah, blah, blah...

M
Mirmilon 16.03.20

Strateg_Antonio_Kievskyi
Very epic described the passage of the Pontic Kingdom.
Before playing for the Pontiacs, the first thing I ALWAYS hated Armenia. Now understand that this is the most I break the whole game and then it all comes down to just beating all the factions in Asia Minor. Now I want to go for the Pontiacs, but now I will keep a defense against the Armenians, and the expansion is only carried out by rebelski cities of Asia Minor and the Crimean Chersonese. Then stupidly to collect loot and fight back against the Greeks and Syrians mercenary troops and all setupenu in female robes. To mind even comes up with the idea to help Seleucids to repel the attacks of the Egyptian necrophilia in Antioch.
As soon as you begin, try to throw screens all the above, although I think everyone in the army...)))

T
Tekos 16.03.20

There is still live?)

Last time went probably in the year 2012. Playing RTW 2007, periodically, as I recall. There is even who has not forgotten RTW)

Mirmilon
Why are the Egyptians here think the necrophilia?)

all setupenu in the women's dressing gowns
Go Parthia will start a campaign)

D
Dyadyushka_Lis 16.03.20

Tekos
Live there. Rome forever! :)

M
MarauderTerran 16.03.20

Describe your adventure in the Kingdom of Pontus (mod XGM Diadochi)
So, 279 BC Advisor announces that somewhere far away, in the great Greece, the clash between the Roman army against Epirus. The beginning of the glorious history of the Pontic.
For this game I was historical notes, describing each important year on the A4 sheet, which was carefully prepared by me before the beginning of the Grand Campaign. Important years were marked by reason of any event of the famous battle, conquest scopes, declarations of war and peace, the death of the king and the inheritance of important news from different parts of the world.
Historically, the founding year of the Pontic Kingdom is traditionally believed to be 302 BC, when Mithridates I Ctest (Founder) ran with six horsemen from the camp of the commander of the Macedonian king Antigonus Odnoglazoe, in the hill country of Cappadocia. Fled, warned by his friend, the king's son Demetrius with it [poliorket] it about the looming over his life is danger. Arriving at the North of Asia Minor, he strengthened himself in some place called Ciliata, and many people came to him. Thus consolidated his power, he has gained extensive conquest, became king and died before they reach old age. Sons he has left a strong power, and that it is a dynasty Mitigation in the face of several kings, the last of which TK, Mithridates Eupator declared war on the Romans.
So: at the start, we three provinces, in fact the seaside Cappadocia, or the Pontus proper, with its capital in the city of Amasia (the old capital), a rich Greek city of Sinope (the new capital), Trapezunt (Eastern province), a shield from the Armenian Kingdom. In the North we have the Pontus euxinus (Black sea) in the West, the Greek colony of Heraclea Pontica (the rebels), in the South Cappadocian Kingdom with its capital in Mazak, with a strong army of Eastern infantry, archers and cavalry (rebels); on the East by lesser Armenia, with its capital Satala (rebels), too, with a strong army. Still farther to the East by Great Armenia (Armenian Kingdom). And throughout the South, as the endless sea lies the possession of the Seleucids and the Ptolemies.
Our army is small and weak, represented by units sparabara (Eastern infantry), Pontic light and heavy missile cavalry, archers and throwers copies.

M
MarauderTerran 16.03.20

278 BC Prince Pharnaces led a small but strong squad, sostavlennogo of the mercenary hoplites, sparabara and Pontic cavalry, made a March to the East. The purpose of the king's son was lesser Armenia is a small mountainous region, where the king rules Ahead, from its capital Satala. The reason for the war was that the highlanders of lesser Armenia was constantly raided the coastal possessions of the Kingdom of Pontus, ravaged villages and fields, looted merchant caravans coming from the South and East.
Speaking in the campaign at the beginning of the summer, the Prince Pharnaces with his army crossed the river and rushed to Stale. Camped near the town, the Prince did not know that his presence here was discovered to meet him and poured a large army headed by Cheatham. In the incident of the battle, a small army of Pharnaces won a heroic victory, and he farnak managed to kill Aheat in a duel. Satala surrendered at discretion as soon as he learned about losing the battle and the death of the king. The conquered area was immediately transformed into a Royal satrapy, manage was assigned to the closest companion of the king Mithridates. Farnak well organized administration of the conquered area, immediately left for Sinop to let the army stay where it is particularly needed after a difficult and strenuous hike in little Armenia.

272 BC died Mithridates, the Pontic Kingdom cart. He was succeeded by his eldest son, farnak First.
269 BC Cappadocia recognized the authority of the king of Pontus, after the Royal army led by Pharnaces the First, was victorious over the soldiers of the Cappadocians and took the capital of the country to the Mazak. However, a small otadi svobodlyubivyh highlanders many years raided the plains, holed up in their impregnable mountain fortresses, not recognizing the power of the Pontic king.
266 BC seaside country Cilicia, came under the rule of Pharnaces, after his victorious campaign in that country. Relations with the Seleucids has deteriorated to hostile.
265 BC Pharnaces makes a victorious campaign in Syria. Capturing Antioch on Orontes, Western capital of the Seleucids, he gets the nickname Conqueror of Antioch (gives +1 star, +1 influence, 1+star in the battle with the Greeks). Utterly ravaged Syria, he burned Antioch (destroyed all the buildings in the city), and retreated to the mountains of Cilicia. Antioch, plundered and devastated, was conquered by nomadic tribes, emerged from the desert lands between Palmyra and Damascus.
254 BC dies Great basilevs of the Kingdom of Pontus Pharnaces the First, conqueror of lesser Armenia, Cappadocia, Cilicia. When it starts, reforms in the Pontic army, the Navy. With it the Greek cities of the Crimea formally recognize his power and begin to pay tribute to the Pontic Kingdom. Was strengthened by an Alliance with Atelidae Lords of the Kingdom of Pergamum, the Ptolemies. With the great Armenia was signed non-aggression pacts. He was succeeded by the eldest son Perisad (b. 285 - 211 BC)
253 BC the beginning of the reign of the Pontic Perisad. Like his father, adhered to the active foreign policy aimed exclusively against the Arche of the Seleucids, in Alliance with the strong Kingdom of Pergamum, and Ptolemaic Egypt. Under him, the influence of Hellenism at the Royal court, the Greek cities such as Sinope, Trapezunt become major centers of trade, industry and fisheries. The army is fully transferred to the equipment of Greek mercenaries, officers in the tsarist army, the Navy entirely from the Greeks, and the main command post also is PREDSTAVITEL Greek cities. Only the Royal cavalry still recruited and filled up by representatives of rich and powerful Persian and Cappadocian birth. Throughout consolidating his power, Perisad actively involved the entire population of his Kingdom, in his wide-ranging plans to capture the neighboring lands.
251 BC, the Pontic army personally led by Perisad, invades Colchis. In the valley Fasica have been several small skirmishes. Colchis skipcookie were United in one Royal satrapy. The Governor of these lands was appointed one of the friends the king's cousin, Levkon. After arranging all the Affairs in Colchis, the Royal army returned to Sinop in 250 BC
250 BC, Heraclea Pontica, a strong competitor Sinope, in the field of trade and industry, was forced to admit its dependence on the Pontic king. The reason was the endless raids of the Galatians from the South, and the pirate raids from the Thracian tribes. In addition, the ruler of the city, Even, increasingly received threats from the king of Bithynia Zipout, who also wanted to join this prosperous city to his possessions. Even, giving their city under the protection of Persida, retained his high title, and remained the king's Viceroy in the town.
The adoption of Heraclea Pontus under the rule of the Pontic Kingdom, Galata naturally angered the tribes, and especially of the king of Bithynia. The Galatians continued their predatory raids, and Zipout began to gather strength, to get to grips with the Pontic king. However, neither Zipout or Galatians have failed to take any serious measures.
249 BC Perisad Pontiac, declared war on the king of Bithynia. The reason for the war became a naval blockade of Heraclea, Bithynia fleet. Although this fleet swept the stormy winds of the Black sea, the best reason to declare war could not be. Hordes of the Pontic king has flooded into the Kingdom of Bithynia, defeated the army of Sepolta in a pitched battle, and on the shoulders of the retreating enemy broke into Nicomedia. Zipout was killed during the retreat of the Galatian mercenaries of the Pontic king. Bithynia a Kingdom ceased to exist.
In the same year, Phanagoria, black sea Greek colony acknowledged their dependence on the Pontic king. The ambassadors of this city arrived in camp Perisad, and declared that the city is ready to sign with king of the military Alliance, bread and weapons to provide a Royal garrison, which they gladly accept in exchange for protection from attacks of the wild Scythian and Sarmatian tribes. The king took under his patronage the colony, and ordered to immediately equip the Royal squad to send in Phanagoria, and securing their new possessions. Relations deteriorated in the Armenian Kingdom, after Colchis was conquered by Perisad. At the bottom of the map depicting the ownership Perisad of Pontus in 249 BC