3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mikkelito 16.03.20 08:12 pm

In Russian text_ui_dialog.xml cut 5000 rows compared to English. (Kingdom Come: Deliverance)

I stumbled on this fact: compare the number of lines in the file text_ui_dialog.xml from Kingdom Come Deliverance\Localization\english_xml.pak and russian_xml.pak, and found that in the Russian version of them. Interested, got to see and found that the Russian version is cut large pieces, I understand some quests.
Here is an example in the screenshot below
7 Comments
Sort by:
m
mikkelito 16.03.20

Spoiler

s
sKard 16.03.20

mikkelito
And the localizers cut mats. Simply a joke: colleague, do you not see that your friend on the head dripping molten tin?.

m
mikkelito 16.03.20

Skard
Well the mats-that is fine, but 5000 rows to delete? o_o Have to try stupidly to stick them back, but will it work?

L
LenivyiBob 16.03.20

Schizophrenia with the prohibition of expletives again backfired, I guess.

m
mikkelito 16.03.20

In General, the cut pieces are very similar to alternative ways of completing the quests, as text_ui_quest.xml similarly cropped. It probably was the same freedom of action, which so many lack in this game. At first glance, nothing seditious or blasphemous, I have not found, maybe the last was just too lazy to translate? But I found the pieces that on the contrary, is in Russian, but no English. So the score 1:1. ٩(◕‿◕)۶

P
PG_CrazyPunk 16.03.20

It's not only the Mat was removed, but whole chunks of the translation. Often noticed.

m
mikkelito 16.03.20

Digging on foreign forums found out that these are all missing in the Russian translation the lines just weren't included in the release of the game. So my conspiracy theory failed miserably (⌒_⌒;) one can only hope that once they still left, in future patches they will turn back