3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Ghost Bear 20.03.20 09:02 pm

Transfers of radio stations of liberty city (Grand Theft Auto 3)

Decided to transfer the Chatterbox is a very interesting radio, which brings into play the atmosphere of the living city. DJ Chatterbox - Lazlow is a real person who instantly became famous after the release of GTA III.

For whom the translation? For those who love GTA III, but don't know English or can not correctly understand spoken English, accents and slang that momentum is present in the radio in the game. To translate I will try with the maximum transfer of semantic and emotional background of the conversation. Some words will be left in its original form, as their actual translation may not be very conformable in the Russian language or do not fit into the picture. Such words added to the footnote [*]. At the end of threads is the list of links with descriptions, and arguments. Texts and radio ads is a parody of a real ad campaign, and social problems. As you desire\time will complement and Supplement the translation is not to translate all the dialogues. Welcome comments, corrections and guidance on typos :)

==[ Table of contents ]=====================================================
001 ... Part 1 - Squirrel guy
002 ... Advertising 1 - Dormitron
... The 003 Is A 2 - Maibatsu Monstrosity 1

==[ Dialogs on the radio ]================================================
==[ Part 1 - Squirrel guy[1]

• Host: Well, liberty city is your radio show Chatterbox[2], where it is your opinion that matters. Look who we have on the line... Hello, caller, you got on the Chatterbox.
• Callers: Hey, have you ever tried possum? It is quite tasty.
• Host: Uh, no...like not tried.
• Callers: Damn, you definitely have to try it, I assure you this is very good. Opossums, raccoons, even Zebra meat turns out very good.
• Host: Uh, you have something to tell you, or...
• Callers: Doves. Pigeons are also very personal. Sometimes they fall with the notes...it's like...fortune cookies[3] with wings. Proteins proteins...but not really...taste like goldfish...the meat is very stringy...well, you know what I mean?
• Host: Uh, well, actually I can't say that I understood well...but if you eat too much protein it is possible to gain extra pounds, which can be removed with Dormatron[4]! Unlike other weight loss methods which demand that you have spent time and watched, with Dormatron you lose weight the night before!

==[ Dormatron (Advertising)

• The woman: I've tried everything but can not get rid of the extra fifty pounds! This issue has become a wedge in my marriage!
• Man: It's too big for me, I'd rather sleep with someone else!
• The woman: I have tried Abdomatrix, Thigh-asizer[5] the stapling of the stomach, I forced myself not to open my mouth, bound hands - you name it - I've tried everything
• Man: Everything except exercise and proper diet, you pig!
• The woman: It is, darling! And then I discovered Dormatron! It uses a new technology called bio-rhythmic-subconscious-gymnastics, which does everything for you while you sleep! Just put on the special gloves, boots, and hat Dormatron, then turn around in a special high-voltage blanket at 11pm and burn those extra pounds while you rest at night! So I lost 50 pounds and regained her husband!
• Man: Yes, dear, now I don't have you every time to accompany you no matter what you did.
• Speaker: don't lose and days remaining thick! Remember, if you're fat, it can even ruin your romantic cruise! Dormatron call now - 1-800-sleepofflard. Or visit our website http://www.sleepofflard.com/ and open the way to your lean, happy Me"

==[ Maibatsu Monstrosity[6] (Advertising)

• Man: I work as a Manager, live in the suburbs and I have to deal with the freeways. I live alone, and of course, I need a car which would accommodate 12 people and could easily drive across the tundra...I just feel safer
• Female announcer: the New Maibatsu Monstrosity...even more!

==[ Footnote ]========================================================
[1] Squirrel Guy - Doslovno: Belichi person or Human-protein. In this context, the Man who does not like to eat meat protein
[2] Chatterbox - the Name of the radio station. Chat - chat, Box - box (in this case, means the room, area). Box chatter, the conversation or simply themes.
[3] fortune Cookies - Special cookies Chinese, where instead of stuffing answer for question which it is necessary to make before to get the message. Or just a wish. Usually messages in the form of lucky You or It's not your day. http://www.chezjoel.com/images/chezjoel.com/fortune-cookie.JPG
[4] Dormatron is A method\remedy weight loss - a direct parody of the various ways to lose weight.
[5] Abdomatrix, Thigh-asizer - Abdomatrix invented a tool for weight loss. If I correctly found out the word is of foreign (Arab) context with a hint of Thai pills for weight loss and other dubious means. Thigh-asizer - verbatim constrictor thighs - another kind of parody tool for weight loss - most likely some kind of belt or something like that.
[6] Maibatsu Monstrosity - the Car from the Maibatsu Corporation, which name is very similar to Match. This car is in GTA III
71 Comments
Sort by:
c
coach_spb_89 20.03.20

Thanks for the translation, giving us the opportunity to feel the atmosphere of the third part.

J
JB-n 20.03.20

I would like a translation (or original text) DJ radio MSX FM, he's yelling something seems very cool...

F
FucQ 20.03.20

Thank you. The topic is very relevant for fans of GTA III.

O
Osean 20.03.20

Welcome topic, would have long time to translate all radio three-pointers, Weiss, Sana'a. I hope it will continue.

G
Ghost Bear 20.03.20

That's for sure! There is progress - how to finish a few parts, will upload soon :)

O
Osean 20.03.20

And the original text with gamefaqs.com? In Garmatron for more humor I would translate sewed up his mouth, cut off hands. And dropped she doesn't seem to 50 kg, (280 pounds * 0,4536 kg = 127,008 kg), count, 130 kg :)

OK, we will wait.

T
Tony_Gognitti 20.03.20

Yeah, in the end there are notes, I translate:
In a broadcast called Mary, the Mary we meet in the game. And
that guy she speaks of is Claude, and her old boyfriend is Salvatore

A woman on the air who belonged to the organization C. R. A. P. - Citizens Raging Against Phones (Crap - English - shit), complained that pigeons, which she sends with the messages always disappear. Their eating Squirrel Guy: Doves. Pigeons are also very personal. Sometimes they fall with the notes...it's like...fortune cookies with wings.

There were notes, but they are still too early to say until the text is translated)))

L
LSD_Videosystem 20.03.20

And you can transfer a call Toni Cipriani on this show?I think his question caught off guard Laszlo)

T
Tony_Gognitti 20.03.20

Lazlow: Well, guest, you're on Chatterbox!
Toni: "Yes? This Lazlo?
Lazlow: "Yes, who is this?
Toni: never mind My name! It really doesn't matter, all right!
Lazlow: ERM...no, not really, I want to say that this radio show, people usually tell us their name
Toni: My name really doesn't matter! If you want to continue to be smart, you know like whatever....like...it doesn't matter
I just got shot in the head no matter! Now I understand come?!?
Lazlow: Errm..yeah.....why you called us today?
Toni: Because I need advice. And I don't do no shit!
Lazlow: R..e..if you again speak obscenely, we'll have to take you off the air,
this is a family show.
Toni: Sorry, sorry, sorry...I..I..I'm just a little unhappy, a bit agitated. Very angry. This is my mother! She does not consider me a real man.
Can you imagine it? I mean, I'm doing a man's job and all, but she
take me for a little baby! All I get is a 'daddy' and won 'daddy and 'are you not a real man Tony' and it gets me hard!
Lazlow: well, Tony...
Toni: Tony!? How would you know that my name was Tony?? You trace that call?
Because if you really hunt, you'll be close acquainted
with the how to look your brains! My name is not Tony....understand!?!
Lazlow: the err...got it.
Toni: But my mother, she continued her 'Toni Toni, be a real man, stand up for yourself, don't bring any d*RMA!' But all I do is to be a good son, and I want her to show me she cares about me! Show that...she loves me! And, you know...want her said I was a good kid! But...it looks like
for her, nothing for her is good enough, you know what I mean? What am I doing?
Lazlow: well Ton...I mean sir...in life there are many responsibilities and we need something like...live with them...and now I have to lose a few promotional scenes. We'll be back right after this.

O
Osean 20.03.20

In my opinion, too bad translate, SPS. But about this shit, the more wrinkled and shrunken (shrink shit), it is better not to translate literally. In the first case it is a rude slang form trying to say is that this type of no reception at the psychiatrist (or that he has a habit of going to psychoanalysts), I think so. In the second case, the meaning of the expression (don't take no shit!) similar to be a real man to stand up for myself, etc. And then in Russian not very clear about what was going on.

L
LSD_Videosystem 20.03.20

Thanks,looks like Tony is very complex because of the mother...

L
LSD_Videosystem 20.03.20

You can throw the translation of the rest of this radio show....how did a whole hour goes

O
Osean 20.03.20

Ghost Bear
to be continued?

Che abandoned the topic? You are quite good

W
WWA aka Porsche3000 20.03.20

Finally made a topic!!! And who can put a translated conversation with Lazlo, Fernando Martinez? It is quite long.....
Ghost Bear
Where can you get these texts??

D
DafoniX[GheTeAaa] 20.03.20

• Host: Well, liberty city is your radio show Chatterbox[2], where it is your opinion that matters. Look who we have on the line... Hello, caller, you got on the Chatterbox.
• Callers: Hey, have you ever tried possum? It is quite tasty.
• Host: Uh, no...like not tried.
• Callers: Damn, you definitely have to try it, I assure you this is very good. Opossums, raccoons, even Zebra meat turns out very good.
The caller reminded me of the Eddie low from GTA 4

D
Danick 20.03.20

Perhaps in addition to other chatterbox station to translate?

O
Osean 20.03.20

I could translate the rest let tweak.

Lazlo: And now it is my great pleasure to present to you Fernando Martinez, founder of New beginnings Fernando, a new revolutionary method of saving your marriage. Fernando, welcome.
Fernando: Thank You, Lazlo. I am honored to be here, I'm happy.
Lazlo: Uh, thank you. So, tell me about New Beginnings Fernando.
Fernando: In fact, Lazlo, it's a miracle bliss. It is a revolution in the management of the marriage. For my people, marriage is... how to say... is Holy. The bond between mother and father... it is done in heaven. And in the bedroom... if you know what I mean.
Lazlo: Uh... I think so... heh...
Fernando: For my people, it is the most sacrosanct thing imaginable. As a Church. But that the marriage was a happy one, it needs to be at the same time as a brothel. A woman needs much, much to be able. To keep house, cook, change diapers in children and... she must also be a whore. A female in bed. Imaginative, exotic, constantly fresh. It's impossible... to change diapers and then to become a French maid? Fernando thinks, no. Fernando knows that there is.
Lazlo: Well, I mean, I know this is an old problem, I mean, how do you maintain the excitement in marriage?
Fernando: the Excitement, for sure! Passion, danger... as Lazlo, how? Tell me how and I'll give you... a big, big kiss! As a woman. But I'm not going to give you such a big kiss as a woman or even a donkey. Because, because...you don't know how!
Lazlo: Well, I think in this case ignorance is still bliss... I uh... I wasn't going to kiss in the air...that is...
Fernando: Why not, Lazlo? Am I not attractive? Am I not irresistible, even for you? Well it doesn't matter. Why all this talk about kissing?
Lazlo: Well, you know... it was you who raised this topic!
Fernando: No, my friend...you said you don't want to kiss me. I said, as if to say, hypothetically, but you understand it personally. It's a big difference. If I say imagine that your wife is terrible, you can nod your head. But if I say Hey, Lazlo, your wife looks like yesterdays dinner after I ate it, and you're unhappy. It's a big difference, my friend.
Lazlo: So anyway...
Fernando: Marriage impossible, Laszlo. If the man was an angel, maybe it would be possible, but man...is born...a man. A man with needs...he needs a woman to tuck his children in bed, but for his bed he needs something else. Something magical. Dream. Greuze...
Lazlo: that's Why he flirted with his Secretary, invites her to a drink, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, he reveals how you can use office furniture in addition to its main purpose.
Fernando: that's right, Lazlo. I know you are. I see it in your eyes. The wanderer. Dreamer. A man with needs. But I can still save you. And you can save your marriage.
Lazlo: Well, my marriage doesn't need saving, heh-heh.
Fernando: Hey, you mentioned about a cute assistant and office furniture, so ay-Caramba my friend. Look, Lazlo, and listen very carefully. Your marriage is a gift, is a gift from above. You're a man and you can see that it is not an angel. I can save you. When a man sees his wife, a fat, ugly, dirty diapers and dirty children, with a MOP and don't know what else, he's not thinking marriage bed, he thinks about what you think about your pretty assistant. We already know that, you see...
Lazlo: yeah...go on...
Fernando: But Laszlo, if you act like you imagination? Your little Secretary in a short skirt, with beautiful eyes and flirting smile, and then what, my friend? Then what?
Lazlo: Uh -- I get a sexual harassment suit!
Fernando: If you're lucky, my friend. But it is more likely that your marriage will be destroyed, Laszlo. Wife will hate you. Your Secretary wants you to be her man. [...] And thousands of men like you... And one day I was driving and it dawned on me "Fernando, you are blessed!", thousands of miracles are merged into one, you save the marriage and save the man. You don't put the marriage first and not put the man first, maybe you can call it "Male marriage". Then I thought... no, it's a bad name. Sounds silly. Then I thought... we'll call it "a New beginning Fernando". Because that's... what it is. A new beginning, Laszlo.
Lazlo: so, how does it work?
Fernando: It's a miracle Laszlo, a miracle. The man is a good father, a loving husband, provider...six and a half days a week. And the rest of your day, and I save his life
Lazlo: How?
Fernando: Giving him what he needs... in a controlled environment. I give him passion.
Lazlo: What...with you? It sounds like a limited market (limited market)!
Fernando: Lazlo, you're too prejudiced, and I don't like. But it's not about me. A passion for life. Passion for love. Passion for women. He can bring home for his wife, of course.
Lazlo: What? So you work as a pimp?
Fernando: Not a pimp, man, and Savior. In a controlled environment, I invite man to the pleasures that he lost to the wonders of the world. In fact, the results are great. Under my unique leadership, thousands of marriages saved, and millions could be saved every day.
Lazlo: eh-heh...and...and wife know about this?
Fernando: In their hearts, Lazlo, they know that they are saved.
Lazlo: Uh...okay. We're going to turn to phone calls. If you have any questions for Fernando Martinez, exotic make understandable to manage scrap, call us right now... uh...Hey, cool, we got a caller on line 1 guest you on the radio the Shoutbox.
Jerry: Hey, Lazlo, Hey, Fernando. I'm Jerry, I'm calling for the first time and I wanted to say...Hey, Lazlo, you're too critical of Fernando. I'll tell you one thing... he is a wizard! He saved my marriage...and I married [or was married?] on the wagon women! Now I don't feel sick when every time one opens the eyes!
Fernando: You See, Lazlo? Do you see? I remember Jerry well. He came to me a broken man, as half a man...husband no rank, if you will, and his marriage killed him! Where is the passion? She left samenesses ugliness. You see, Lazlo...Mrs. Jerry...she is not very beautiful lady! It's more like fury, tiger(?), big and hairy, but fertile. She gave birth to Jerry, have five children. And he felt no satisfaction in itself. He felt no satisfaction in the marriage. He was ashamed of this wonderful lady that brought him so many children. And he came to me and cried...Fernando, save my marriage, I love my wife...even if she like a fat pig! And I said, Jerry, you're a man. It's men's duty to love his wife...even if it's a farm. And now Jerry is saved.
Lazlo: what is sleeping with other women.
Fernando: All you need to save a beautiful Union. Blessing.
Lazlo: Perfect Union between...the adulterer and fat! Great. So...who do we have on the line?
Janice: hi Lazlo, this is Janice. I like the show, I always wanted to call you, but you hurt me today. What kind of lame bastard do you in the Studio?
Lazlo: hi, Janice, I share your anxiety ...the Studio...imposed it on me!
Fernando: Hey, watch yourself, mister, and you, Janice, what's so nasty? Your hubby not making you happy?
Janice: No, he's an idiot! And a moron!
Fernando: But he's probably a good father, and I hear a pleasant, angry, a little nerdy, but very nice lady. Here's the problem, Laszlo. Women think that a New Beginning for men only! But they also and women! For Janice, if her husband will go to a New Start, he realizes that she is beautiful all over again from the beginning, and, in an extreme case, maybe she could go to work for me. And she will get a new beginning for yourself! She opens the excitement and passion for yourself. Listen, Janice, you call me... 555-92-92.
Lazlo: Hey... listen... don't try playing matchmaker with my listeners!
Fernando: This world is too ugly. A parody. I work miracles, Senor, not Swidnica! I save, I return the passion back! And you better watch yourself, buddy, because we take such insults very personally. And besides, you're no longer Mr. talk show, you Mr Cut-My-Tongue.
Lazlo: Heh... who the hell are you? What exotic places have you come?
Fernando: I'm Hispanic.
Lazlo: Hey, Latin America is a big place, PAL. Where?
Fernando: I don't want to hear insults. I've got my pride, calling. Many are called, but few are chosen, my friend. And I was called and chosen to create a miracle!
Lazlo: And uh...uh so where you were called Fernando?
Fernando: From the North, okay, you happy now? I'm not a real Latino, but I provide real Latin passion. I create miracles every day. Listen... wives, children... if your husband, if your daddy unhappy, send him to me, and in exchange for a few hours a week... I'll give you the whole world!!!
Lazlo: Get out, get out, you're just a cheap pimp from up North, went out of my Studio!!!
Fernando: I'm gonna get your daddy... I'll save your husband... it's a miracle...!!!
Lazlo: get out of here..!!!
Fernando: It's a miracle!!!

Turnuli "Savior" in General)) So who is Fernando, the Savior of marriages or cheap bastard? What do you think?

L
LSD_Videosystem 20.03.20

Fernando....isn't that DJ from the radio station Emotion 98.3 from GTA VC?

O
Osean 20.03.20

Well, of course he is. Good tune by the way twisted.

D
Danick 20.03.20

Yes Fernando was the dj on the radio in Weiss. How old is he?