3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Antropogengroup 22.03.20 09:20 pm

Sid meier\'s railroads, and windows 7 (Sid Meier's Railroads!)

Gentlemen, put your most favorite game on Windows 7 set up this on Vista, the same dreben were, in play play, tats! and threw, and the type of windows he will find the problem through the net! Once sent, the second...the couple silence ivse still throws! Help mi who can! The patch is: 1.1 in my opinion!
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Arhanhel 22.03.20

same problem, patch 1.1 also

T
Tatsu2 22.03.20

People, here is a solution to this problem. I too have experienced, and I managed to find a solution.
So, what you need to do:

1. To find the files editbin.exe, link.exe, mspdb60.dll and mspdb100.dll -is the file utility that is included in MS Visual Studio. To produce them, you need to install this program, and from there to copy. Or can be downloaded from the Network, the files. Or do I have to ask, I will forward.
2. Throw a copy of the file RailRoads.exe in the same directory where are the files editbin.exe, link.exe, mspdb60.dll and mspdb100.dll
3. To open a command prompt with administrator rights
4. Go all in the same folder (where are these 5 files -- the four listed above plus RailRoads.exe). Who knows, just in case the drive varies with the command C: (replace With the correct drive), and folder is changed by command cd folder_name, (folder_name is the name of your folder). All without quotes, of course.
5. To register and run the command editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE RailRoads.exe. Without the quotation marks.
*It is possible (for those who have a 32-bit system) also need to specify BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 4000. But after or before the previous command, I don't know. I have 64-bit, and all what I want.
6. After a successful run at the command line will appear two lines (something like Microsoft (R)... Copyright (C)...). This means that the executable is recompiled (you can verify this by viewing the properties creation date, modification).
7. Well, now, throw the file back where it belongs-in folder with the established game. Save the old memory ))
8. Do not forget to put the compatibility mode to Windows XP for the executable, if you have Vista or older.
9. Play as much as you like! Nothing to fly will not.

What did we do? We recompile the executable, adding a header flag Large Address Aware, which yields a 32-bit application to use more memory than the set limit. If the application can not use more than 2 gigs, and you are 4 gig, then if you exceed the limit of 2 gig app will generate an error. The described method allows the application to see all the installed memory. This can be done not only with the Railrods, and not only with games. Look wider-if there is a suspicion that the program hangs or terminates with an error due to the use of a large amount of memory and the 32-bit, then it is likely that the problem is that it cannot address all the memory. Then do the above thing and everything will be OK. Only games under the Stim careful, because you can zabraniti.

T
Tatsu2 22.03.20

The word opportunity is a garbage link (hidden advertising). I've added it, it's official! This is a provocation.

G
Golden Fox 22.03.20

Now, can someone come in handy. The archive all the file and already compiled exe-shnik for license 1.10 (without the patch).
http://narod.ru/disk/45076296001.f4b1f906ba98258288d5e49b68f46861/Railroads.7z.html

However, I demanded mspdb80.dll which I also downloaded.
As he did at the command prompt (MB someone come in handy):

A
ASPL 22.03.20

Thank you, it helped. The game crashes if the railing on the already developed map. Helped that put the game on pause and built. But then decided to demolish all the buildings of the computer and the game crashes anyway. Thanks again.

C
Chifirochek 22.03.20

And a little easier there is nothing? fix there? time to spend not hunting=(

R
RderderdE 22.03.20

Best solution:

Download archive http://www.mediafire.com/download/lfgz2d0yytz/3GB_Enabler.zip
Throw it in your file Railroads.exe start Startme.bat and press A (turn on the English keyboard layout) is All the file is patched, you can throw it back in the folder with the game.

Already patched the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oqvgqywwemd/RailRoads.exe

G
Gofri93 22.03.20

Either I'm stupid or do not go skiing, but the program, the link from RderderdE when you try to edit the file immediately closes. When repeated attempts to edit it says something like no files that can be edited.
The program, found here - http://steamcommunity.com/app/7600/discussions/0/622954023416871417/, edit the file,which is very gratifying.

c
cooper_777 22.03.20

RderderdE
not helped!!

c
cooper_777 22.03.20

Gofri93
Come here! http://maslov.co/files/2598/railroads-win10-fix.zip
the same thing, but not closed, check!, but with the game I didn't help((

G
Gofri93 22.03.20

Why it is needed, if the game did not help? Besides, I said I found a program that helped. And the OS I have is Windows 8.