3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
harvey001 29.03.20 09:19 pm

Why mengue needed to execute Buttercup? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I passed the story mission the Witcher 3 - the TREASURE of COUNT REUVENI, but did not understand how Meng intercepted the treasure and why wanted to kill Buttercup? By the way Buttercup I, too, have found. Most likely I simply missed a few details. I hope someone will explain.
19 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hirok 29.03.20

Witness?

B
BoB_Er 29.03.20

harvey001
Buttercup grabbed the witch hunters -> Meng, the chief of the witch hunters -> PROFIT!

D
Dedushka-B 29.03.20

harvey001
Actually Buttercup exhaustively answers all these questions in his release, if you ask of course.
Before the outbreak, if memory serves.

h
harvey001 29.03.20

BoB_Er
then another question, what the witch hunter had to be executed Buttercup?))

u
upumeg95 29.03.20

harvey001
And what does he do with it? Tea to drink ?

A
Artur27507 29.03.20

Well, he was caught up there on Hellgate, and witnessed messing now with CRIS, and that's why I decided to gut it.

S
Siniy Kot 29.03.20

upumeg95
and why not?

A
ArsenyPestr 29.03.20

harvey001
Exemplary punishment to frighten people. Hang of the poet and freethinker, which is not today or tomorrow can start to sing in the taverns about equality and justice, is always useful

O
Oleg V 29.03.20

what do you mean why??? he's a lot of money stolen, and even with alchemy...

K
K.O.C. 29.03.20

Just a Buttercup in his ballads insulted the hierarchy of Hemelvaart.

D
Denis Dzhexons 29.03.20

harvey001
Well, first, Buttercup stole the money that was associated with the alchemist (a Kalkshteyna).
Second, he's a friend of Doppler (Dudu) and then he didn't believe in religion (Eternal Flame), and it's great prevented mengue and plan of Rodovid cleaning from wizards and relics before the capture of Novigrad.
But about details of the interception of treasures, I do not know, I do think that this is not mentioned in the game. As far as I understand, Buttercup stole the treasure, but did not give the Bastard the Youngest, he stole the tune, and Buttercup with CRIS then it is saved at the end of Temple Island Buttercup grabbed and wounded CRIS got ... (don't want to spoil if you haven't learned).

W
Widukind 29.03.20

Dedushka-B
changes. Before unleashing his mouth plugged gag. And he did it in fact does not explain. It can be assumed that mengue, giving the Treasury Dijkstra, wanted to take Buttercup as a witness, to justify this penalty could be as written above

b
blackdoctorblackdoctor 29.03.20

Oh, guys, you need it???
well, if it is necessary - let's try to understand...
Sigi holds Reuven common Fund 4 brokers crime Novigrad. including the bastard.
bastard is ripe with Rodovid and wants to kill the other three. so? well, to drop, of course. he also suggests the Treasury.
CRIS brought the bastard's phylactery decorated, so as to fix it. for this, he demanded to take the Treasury (what type of dangerous sorcerers to communicate and generally exclusive). but fix did not work (got a letter). no fracture no money. but the money you want and the bastard grabbed the dude to demand a ransom. but came to CRIS and gave everyone kicked. then CRIS running with Buttercup and Buttercup goes to the temple guards. and the Buttercup passes the Treasury mengue (and no one else!).
and the execution of the Buttercup a lot of that can be - for assaulting servants of the eternal flame (well, was there - was, then attacked), as a witness to the seizure of the Treasury mengue, well, in General the combination of reasons. in short for anything. just turned out to be extreme. and to execute known (well, because it's famous!!!) artist just - self-indulgence. so it is necessary to make a judgment

D
Dedushka-B 29.03.20

Widukind
You just do not care, there is an option to remove the gag! And the option to remove the gag and untie!
Need to remove the gag and to press Buttercup, then just start)))
This is something that you can learn the playing methods, without personal fantasies. Played two years ago, maybe some patches changed something, but unlikely.

D
Dedushka-B 29.03.20

I would say simply: Meng - Minister radenii the Gestapo, the official in the public service, in a country half occupied by the superior forces of the enemy, using his official position, assigns a huge amount of money and transfers to the Bank of a neutral country, far to the North. Neither the king nor Hierarchy - he says nothing. All peoples, in all countries and in all languages - is the word is treason!
Assigning a common Fund of several criminal gangs , mengue became the personal enemy of all bandits in the city. To go with dozens of the witch hunters - all his life he will not, and enough a shot from a crossbow!
Tell me that it has to do with loud Buttercup - how not to kill?
Imagine how upset Radovid - if he knew mengue, not so good cuts behind him?

W
Widukind 29.03.20

Dedushka-B
Very interesting. Much time passed, I always have one team to unleash a Buttercup, although presanut him I refused. And he says something only when they take to the air

D
Dedushka-B 29.03.20

Widukind
Yellow lines for rapid decision-making too, no? Interesting, will look for preservation - must be pre-game with Priscilla Quint.

W
Widukind 29.03.20

Dedushka-B
I have version 1.31 after Geralt deals with a hunter, there is one line of (E)Release. After applying the team is one and the same cutscene in which Geralt initially unleashes Buttercup, then frees him from the gag. Then there is a dialogue without any time limitations of the selection of replicas is almost fully (for some reason) devoted to the Bastard. One of his options briefly mentions Dijkstra, on mengue's also no word. I've seen many variations on this dialogue - it changes depending on the sequence in which to pass the ridiculous first Chapter, but all the nuances of the conversation relate only to freak and curse, everything else was the same. Don't know, maybe on the consoles there, or in other versions of the game have any other options

D
Dedushka-B 29.03.20

Widukind
Watched a few playthroughs on YouTube - all at once untie, as you say. Any hints on another way... But well remember his phrase if you freed me at the end! In other Witchers like it did not connect... If that comes with the passage I write.