3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KazymirZyba 03.10.19 01:02 am

Impressions of the game. (Steel Division 2)

Steel Division 2 from Eugen Systems - continuation of the first part, which covered the landing operation in Normandy, in the twilight of the Second World War. Now we are destined to participate in a much larger event, namely the operation of the theory. The action takes place on the Eastern front, where Soviet units in the composition of the Belarusian front, the heavy pressure forces throw back the German army group Center with the native land back to Europe. Instead of exploring the key events through individual missions, the second game, rather added to the market, and offers strategic campaign mode General of the army, divided into several major locations. Like already met in Wargame: Red Dragon, but here's a little more freedom of action and choice of movements and also present the opportunity to start each campaign as the USSR and the Third Reich. Separately, the game has a multiplayer mode in multiple player mode fight against the computer. The basic mechanics of the game is built on proper and timely use of units and terrain features. To understand everything the first time and would have to spend a lot of time, since the barrier to entry is very high and the interface is confusing and unresponsive. But if you are not critical, then I will continue. The number of representation units and weapons, is really huge, from exploration and infantry, to attack aircraft and rocket launchers. Abilities and characteristics all parameters kharakterizuyutsya the correct application of each unit, is quite impressive. There is a wide damage model of equipment, quite balanced and correct ballistics firing all weapons in the game, almost completely reliable with all paramilitary formations and geographical accuracy of the locations. The game is very nice picture and sound. The size of some maps up to several tens of square kilometers. Locations and battles they look very real as well as epic, which is only to direct the cursor on the plane and enjoy aerial combat or to admire the vast expanses of the painfully familiar places, watching the moving column. Quality increase effects the overall picture. In General, during a battle, it calculates a lot of parameters and it catches the eye. It should also be noted very wiser artificial intelligence. It is working correctly artillery priority targets, also uses the aircraft, has the ability to make decisions on a tactical retreat and adapts to the player's actions by deploying necessary for certain situations, troops. At higher difficulty levels, the AI is able to force the player podnapryachsya. But the icing on the cake was the epic soundtrack.
No, in the Steel Division 2 there is nothing that I hadn't seen before. Comparison with Wargame are very primitive example and so the nostalgia throws me back to such games as World war II or Operation Bagration. But the dynamics have increased significantly and my impressions are very positive. An excellent game which makes to understand it and to learn from mistakes. And though not without some strange historical aberrations, and not everything is smooth yet with balance and bugs, of every lover of strategies and tactics I definitely read the duologue Steel Division. It is challenging in its scale and authenticity of the game like last time, almost will not meet. And combined the symbolism of the setting and the required depth to provide full immersion.
A small pack of their own screenshots, for starters...
Spoiler

And if you've played, what are your impressions?
4 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sohillion 03.10.19

It seems to say that somehow you can change the units. If this is true, how? Who knows?

W
WarMachine2 03.11.21

Sohillion
In a skirmish, you can customize the experience, stage of deployment and transport. In short, collect your own battle group to your liking.

W
WarMachine2 03.11.21

Started on pirate, now switched to steam. In general, the game is quite buggy and there are enough annoying moments, but it's interesting to play. I didn't really like the first part because of the scripted missions, in the second they finally gave complete freedom of action, that's what I expect from strategies.

H
HunterWoTBlitz 03.11.21

I have one problem with the sound? In the game, it periodically disappears, although it is not on the laptop itself. rtx 2070 super mobile video card. Updated all drivers but nothing helps. Do you have a solution to this problem?