3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
illegal3 11.04.20 12:03 pm

Is it possible to add RAM to a laptop?

Hello. I have a laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ACL
Processor AMD A6-7310
RAM 4 GB
Video AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330
Tell me, can I add to the laptop 4 gig RAM?
8 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 11.04.20

illegal3
Can if there is another slot for memory.

R
Ryazancev 11.04.20

illegal3
Unscrew the back cap, look at how many slots of RAM occupied. If it is occupied one slot to add RAM, you can, but preferably of the same parameters (timings and frequency, the amount is not important). If you are occupied 2 slots, then you can free up and add more volume.
Looked at how to disassemble it, horror of horrors, better not to go!
Look at AIDA 64: motherboard, SPD-employed at the top of the memory slots.
To get to the RAM do I need to disassemble the entire laptop, but it is idiocy! There are large uncertainties, there is soldered RAM or a slot (should be 2).

i
illegal3 11.04.20

Ryazancev
That is, better to master to address?

w
walkris 11.04.20

probably busy with all the memory slots, and if so then will have to take out the old RAM and insert a new one with more memory, for example if there were 2+2 then you need to put 4+4

A
ALCAB 11.04.20

illegal3
You can add, but better still take the laptop to the shop and let the strap when you put, and make sure the laptop saw it, if yourself, seek off site which manufacturers and the amount of RAM supported by the laptop

R
Ryazancev 11.04.20

illegal3
I watched the video with the analysis of similar models, it is very difficult to disassemble, you need to remove the keyboard and other modules. Someone says that the memory is soldered to the motherboard, someone said that one slot is free, conflicting data. We when my netbook was dismantled -some broken latches. He can of course unpack it, but is fraught with consequences, the model is not standard.
I would advise you to contact service.

i
illegal3 11.04.20

Ryazancev
Understood, thank you very much)

N
Nikolay Stepanenko 11.04.20

Author once to ask, then probably he will not do. Maybe then it is better in specialized service to ask where the laptop repair do.