3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Enuard Aid 12.04.20 11:49 am

\"The world\" at the gaming territory - why is it needed? (Elex)

PY Sy, the game added a huge number of generated locations, where there is absolutely nothing. a complete void.
For example, in the left part of the map, before the water, there is an area with mountains and forests - quite a large area. The entrance to this area is blocked radiation and actually kills any character, if he does not have immortality.
Okay. and it is clear. But then this area is sometimes followed by a region with no radiation. tile tile and more tile, grass, trees, but nothing more. no plants, no animals. The size of the area to walk in hand for 10+ minutes.
The second example is the North. I ran outside of the card at the distance of more than 10 minutes. and the game continued to setup a space in which, in the end, it was perfectly clear, good texture and excellent range of vision. It was possible, to get away for 10+ minutes far to the North, beyond the map, to see the world the card game area.
Outside the map, in the North, is completely absent frostbite.
There's still a spot, which is also present on the map. left bottom, from Elbow. There is a Peninsula. so. I was on this Peninsula - no living creatures. no plants, but 1000+ trees planted!

Question: what is it for? run course is interesting. but without cheating to get there absolutely not possible. The lock area takes place only in water. On land there is no blocking, there is a creation region further and further. To invisible walls" I didn't come. Spent on the festivities outside the map more than 2 hours.
Found absolutely nothing live.

So what is it for?
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
Setesh 12.04.20

Enuard Aid wrote:
So what is it for?
to

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 12.04.20

We also round the globe and the world is integral.

E
Enuard Aid 12.04.20

Stanislavski
Bring at least a part of the territory of land on which nothing exists? even in the Arctic ocean there is life.
And then - territory, surpassing in area the territory of games that have absolutely nothing. in addition to dead teksturkami))

z
zdrastE 12.04.20

Enuard Aid wrote:
Spent on the festivities outside the map more than 2 hours.
and the hell?

E
Enuard Aid 12.04.20

Hello
Well, the study of an open world .
Only in this open world there are no herbs, no malchikov.
The essence of the question - because the game program these locations. that is absolutely not playable. but why program and creates.
And this, in turn, is an additional load on the system, processor, and video card.

a
angryfish99 12.04.20

Enuard Aid
Maybe so that the world has not looked for a small slice, beyond which the mountains of soap and 2D trees. And the additional load on the system he creates is unlikely, because the entire map is not loaded completely.

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 12.04.20

What do you lead? The world has integrity, and he lives prikopalis. Below the cliffs was not for realism. Or are you more satisfied when the game is unwarranted borders in the world. Chicken there is no need - there is no game, but there is a feeling of the environment. It used the sculpted fog to hide polygon, and now you can better.
Needless pounding is not necessary. The developers have done everything correctly and made the justification for why not to get there. If there is an editor, populated by trolls the entire landscape, if we are hunting to drive abroad.

R
RGC 12.04.20

Enuard Aid wrote:
Question: what is it for? run course is interesting. but without cheating to get there absolutely not possible.
Maybe this is all about?

l
lmperatorPC 12.04.20

I don't understand is : if the game is so went, why create so many topics? Forget as about a bad dream, like it's something complicated

S
Saint01 12.04.20

Enuard Aid
How are you already tired, you can stop rivet useless posts ?

s
sesilben 12.04.20

Saint01
I now also wonder. Why is everyone so stupid with additional textures. And even the theme is very interesting.
angryfish99
Tutu save 100 MGB weigh 10 1 gig. And you about the extra texture say that it's not loaded. With the graphics sagging........ but thinking that all the elements are open without extra load. They are in this respect well done........

S
Siniy Kot 12.04.20

Enuard Aid wrote:
on this Peninsula - no living creatures. no plants, but 1000+ trees planted!
maybe preparing for the release of DLS(saaaaay piranha promised that the DLS is not to be,well, suddenly)
either cut content

G
Grandshot 12.04.20

It seems to me that all these huge space outside play areas made just because they could engine. You will only notice how well it can draw the geometry in the far distance, while not requiring a lot of hardware resources. The developers just generated the map and then improved where planned and managed, and the rest of the unnecessary area made inaccessible to the player. In Skyrim, the same also did.

z
zdrastE 12.04.20

Grandshot wrote:
outside play areas to create one
Grandshot wrote:
The developers just threw...
why didn't Generirovanie?

a
angryfish99 12.04.20

Second ARMAGH map is also infinite. I flew far beyond it. And there, too, nothing but procedurally generated landscape.

G
Grandshot 12.04.20

Hello
You got me, grammar nazi )

I confess, silly mistakes. Tablet wrote.

angryfish99
Only in ELEX probably not procedurally generated, but once created a gigantic area. In modern engines for huge storage areas does not require an equally huge amount of memory. However, procedural generation requires even less)
So you need to check. If two people have the terrain outside the main map will be different, so generation, if not, then the original version of foreign country was initially calculated)

z
zdrastE 12.04.20

Grandshot
okay so - W of the tablet z tablet...
Spoilers by the way, the tablet as a means of justifying silly mistakes...
Spoileralert