3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20 01:03 am

Problems with the compatibility of different laths

There are 4 strips of RAM ddr2 at 800 MHz., 2 at 2 gig (samsung) and 2 1 GB (from an unknown manufacturer). After the recent change Mat. fees they refuse to work together, and instead of starting your computer you only hear the signals, and even before the BIOS doesn't come up. Before replacing and it is currently working together. It turns out that you can put either 2 dies on 2 gig or 2 for 1 (well, there is the obvious choice). However, I would like all 6 gigs to have. Could this have something to do?
44 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
4 identical straps on 95% should work, but the more straps, the worse for the system( worse stability, harder to overclock). I would take 2 to 4 GB.
Spoilerage if you buy two identical sets, there is no guarantee that they will work together. RAM modules that are sold in one set, have been tested for compatibility. Manufacturers do not guarantee the performance of mixed sets, even if they use the same model memory modules.

Buyers often do so with high-speed modules and set rely on XMP. When you enable XMP, the motherboard can read the profile of two of the laths of the RAM and to set the secondary timings accordingly, but the timings tRFC, two modules can be set to 226, while for the combination of four modules will need the value of 314. This problem is difficult to detect, because users rarely go to adjust the secondary timings.
source http://www.thg.ru/mainboard/mify_ob_operativnoy_pamyati/print.html
Here's another case of interesting look, man bought the same for marking memory http://www.hardforum.ru/t123572/

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
in General, acquired an additional memory dies. The same story. With it, two run quietly among themselves. But three or more is already gone. When all 4 dies of the same model.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
try to update the BIOS. It is very sad that such a cranky motherboard.

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
is already the latest version. Factory reset also does not help.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
and one second old and new bars will be paired up to work? Faced with several computers (4 PCs), where was the memory raznoshorstnaya even three different manufacturers in the same computer, everything worked. Just you have a motherboard like that.

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
tried, but no.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
Mean memory is certainly different, it is necessary to АИДЕ64 to look at what's different. Damn I told you previously wrote a message about compatibility with the link, there is a guy similar case. Try the memory back

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
different than if I bought all 4 dice recently picked up the same model, features and cost.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
In the production of memory, each batch may vary (with memory chips). 2 sets of dice are tested for compatibility. And 2 sets does not guarantee compatibility. I threw a reference, there is described.

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
I read it. And I understand that, but never managed to run at least 3 of the die. Only 2 of the die.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
The memory chips probably with different characteristics, can details view in АИДЕ64.

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

Ryazancev
will go easier and try to leave one die and povtykat the other one.

S
SonyK_2 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
So there are differences. When I took your strap (still in 2014), and asked sellers to show all stock available modules models - itself personally selected from the same batch. And though the serial numbers they are a little different, but work without problems on the 2nd motherboard, although all 4 modules not from a kit (the kit).

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

SonyK.
my last motherboard peacefully coexisted RAM from different manufacturers. New refused to work a couple different manufacturers.

S
SonyK_2 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
It happens - if you need full compatibility, it is better to check the list of compatible modules on the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard.
...if you buy the same memory die, could this solve the problem ?
The more modules similar durug other, the less likely that there will be problems with compatibility.

R
RomanAleshin68 14.04.20

SonyK.
right now, I try to keep one plate from one manufacturer and one from him I will put see will work. But I feel, so will run. But as from 3 bahnet - kirdyk.

S
SonyK_2 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
Try to put the same modules in slots of the same colour, i.e. both 2-gig in yellow, and 1-gig in black or Vice versa. And even better the manual for the motherboard, look in the section for installing the modules - usually there is indicated, how best to put.

R
Ryazancev 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
Looked at the file compatibility of the RAM. In the very rare motherboard has 4 slots with the same modules
https://www.asus.com/ru/Motherboards/P5QLEM/HelpDesk_QVL/
Spoilers* : Supports 4 modules inserted into both the yellow and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration
C*: Supports 4 modules inserted into the yellow and black slots as two pairs of dual-channel memory configuration
So with the same (one party) straps would be the same. The motherboard is good friends only with two straps!
Four straps are only rare modules 512 and 1Gb (667-800 MHz), i.e., the maximum you can stick 4Gb.

b
bloomm 14.04.20

Heretic_x68
And what memory modules are used ? bilateral or unilateral ? perhaps the problem is that in order to trigger all 4 slots need sided die.

S
SonyK_2 14.04.20

bloomm wrote:
...maybe the problem is that in order to trigger all 4 slots need sided die.
Most likely that's the problem.
Spoiler