3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sharikov 04.10.19 06:51 pm

What DoW is different from other strategies? (Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War)

who can explain to me what the W:DoW is different from other strategies except the graphics?
everything is exactly the same and left as in all RTS: build the Horde and hang all or is there a fundamental difference in the gameplay?
68 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Sweet 04.10.19

Have you seen at least one strategy where the soldier would have had the moral?
I'm not, it's pretty cool when your calderoni yelling sir sir what do we do?
And you ordered the Commissioner to execute cowards.
Still very much noteworthy the physics of the game, artillery is not enough that stuns soldiers,forcing them to move slowly, and leaves a huge crater, all to depredate, for example, no resource extraction, capture the flag makes all the time to walk around the map and meet with the enemy, just unusually bored:)
And the local heroes do incredible things, I assure you will not soon forget local of Dobrynya Nikitich, the hero of space Marines with one hand throwing five people:)
Every race is unique:

Misticheskie Eldar, believe in their knowledge and technologies which are far superior to human technology 40000 centuries, and their skill of psykers makes them an ideal psi units.

The bloodthirsty orcs on the other hand, for them there is only war, and that they are not as strong as space Marines, but their chislennosti far exceeds the number of remaining races.

Space Marines, chosen of the war of the Emperor, they protect the Empire from the scum of the universe, having excellent technique, live voplaschenie thoughts Imperial scientists, as they are supported by a huge faith in the Emperor, the lack of space in their small numbers, big universe, and the true children of the Emperor missing on all of her line is.

The forces of Chaos, fallen Marines who defected to the enemy ten thousand years ago, in the days of the Horus heresy, full of the thought of revenge,and thirst for blood sacrifice to their insatiable gods, they deserved the favor of the Chaos gods and even demons stand in their ranks, with those who are sworn to protect the human race, and predevsim it forever.

The Imperial Guard, the main army of the Empire, as the elite space Marines missing on all the frontiers of the universe, the bulk of the army of the Empire is exactly the IG, often untrained recruits stand in their ranks, and they are dying by the thousands to stand in the back row comrades won long-awaited victory, a victory which they never neuvidite.

B
Br.Cpt.Casius[IMS] 04.10.19

In my opinion one of the main differences between the PRS of the other RTS's TACTICS are tactics important!!!!Evgeny construct , it is important to use each mazzamuto circuits card!!!a unique race , a game for which sometimes just unreal the difference .There's lots of different options of battles!!!here is the division of the limit on infantry and vehicles , which is also important!!!and of course the best and most developed universe , with which no other compares!!!

[
[EEG]Gepard 04.10.19

Sweet - perfectly stated all races :)

Sharikov - The Warhammer is different from other strategies?.....it is easier to list what they have in common. Still, compare that to Warcraft and Rome: Total War. Strategies like Warcraft-a (produced by the workers resources - we chop forests, digging for gold, train troops, and almost identical in all respects all races come to the enemy base, thunder troops, then building and all) came out very many (and was successful, was not). It's a classic. Rome: Total War - turn-based strategy with effektami battles and sieges (for 1,500 people - it is very important to send needed troops to weaker or create a significant advantage in one sector of the front). Now Warhammer. Description of gameplay:

This Map for 2 people. Completely symmetrical. Designed to the smallest detail (detail at the highest level). At different ends of the map, each player heads the building and a work Desk. Near the base - points, the capture of K-x flags rise and there is a constant increase in money +6 each point. Enemies can remove them. To prevent this,you need to build them listening posts. After their construction points begin to bring in more money and nachinayet to shoot. There is also the remains - also bring money and allow you to build more advanced units. Still have the checkpoint - they also make money, but they can not build posts. If you retain more than 50% of the test points within 6 min, you win.

Construction: Barracks for infantry, the Armoury (Grady), Generator (energy), Turrets, Mines, the Grade of the Main building - advanced buildings, Barracks for the equipment, the Pit of demons.....etc., etc.

Tactics and strategy: As you might guess, the preference is given to verge more micro than macro. Just introduced in case the squad may decide the fate of the game (or time politisk flyers). Competently skoncentrovany fire or retreat to the base and the expectation of reinforcement also plays a role. Care in development instead of the masses can also play a role (tank will do 5 squads of shooters)

In General Varha - quieter strategy :)

S
Sharikov 04.10.19

as soldiers gain experience?...whether the transition from mission to mission?...

B

a soldiers experience gain?
What kind of experience can there be??? take captain(FC) he's been fighting for at least a couple of centuries...so he doesn't know about the battle?Or let's say the guardsman...they are cannon fodder , they simply did not have time to learn anything...but if you live in the 1st campaign , meaning they are already seriki .Slicl that experience in warhe simply inappropriate.
whether the transition from mission to mission?...
no do not go , and why? not the game ... here is a corny would interfere with the balance

_
_Sweet 04.10.19

DmA I would say, Cho var craft 3 all units are the same, all Russ. different characteristics, trust me I beat a lot of options, and the editor fumbled, too, the main advantage of var crafting heroes gaining experience, believe it or not believe it, but most importantly a super weapon of War Craft 3 heroes!
Than Warhammer is better than war craft, let me explain, even though the characters in Vahe naprokat experience, it is insignificant that they can't raise your power of life, and gain new abilities, just all privyazalsya to the level of development of the database and the relevant abragam, and in battle the characters Hamer's use different from the heroes of Warcraft as a turtle different from a bird in a Humvee, everything is dynamic, flying enemies, there are combos, while in the var, crafting hero suits and stupid beats,beat him,he beats that unimaginable boring:(
Then after Warhammer where you control the units, just not interested to go back to a single system of units, i.e., units in Warcraft is very small at the limit, plus an inappropriate tax for the maintenance of the army, and last minus of Warcraft, too cartoonish graphics, in a Humvee such nebudet, the world of war is cruel and dark, but not the Japanese anime like in War craft 3 !

B

And in verge there are fatalities!!!cton vidil as forsick of bladestar water???this is a must see.In no other game you will not see as tiny man climbs up onto the neck on a big demon and starts pounding on the head with a hammer...or how does the fatality Lord of dreams(sorry for the crooked name) tears off his head Defiler , it's the hell of a funny sight!
In addition, the Warhammer in difference for example from battle for middle earth , squads as much more to cretica , it's not just a bunch of the same modellek , they can equip ,connect Serikov etc
And of course Customization , where else reap to personalize your own army?

[
[EEG]Gepard 04.10.19

Then after Warhammer where you control the units, just not interested to go back to a single system of units - that's for sure

minus of Warcraft, too cartoonish graphics, in a Humvee such nebudet, the world of war is cruel and dark, but not the Japanese anime like in War craft 3 ! - because of this I don't play Vario

And in verge there are fatalities!!! -Yes, adnaznachna is a cool thing! When any unit in the game attacks another unit, then in most cases it finishes. It gives a pretty big variety in battle. :)

G
GreatVV 04.10.19

well, even my view of it as Modera.
I would want to try to start modding on Varick, but after reading I realized it's not mine. and the game I didn't really like.
so by the time I fell into the hands of those to him and the map editor. here 1.5 years I have from time to time making maps and saved his Expo.
now making the company.

also IMHO those can change so much that varrick never dreamed of. even I can do now for example is not only different background but also the menu and even labels just by changing a few lines in the script. this thing literally 15 minutes and I have a completely different game.
including another plus Varhamera:
easy modding

there's even scripts easier to write (probably on Varick have not tried) know yourself Kopi mouth and Cup your values, and if the glitches you read conal and change lyapota!

B

Kakraz with modding , I the Vario is more like it

C
C[o]Y[o]T[e] 04.10.19

2GreatVV
And put a couple of cards reluctantly.We would have appreciated.

2Shrikov
Generally it is better to see once than hear a hundred times.Get the license and you will not regret,the game is worth it.

B

Here valuesa the demo of our company , download La look

H
Hirurg_ 04.10.19

You should not abhaile WarCraft. First be meticulous produmannoe in WC of nowhere (is that still in the StafCraft BW). And this applies to everything from the engine, which by the way (he checked) allows at 800x600 on a Voodoo 4500 PCI to run the maximum graphics and not slow down to balance which can even be called perfect. This is one of the most important features, cat. is a huge advantage over all existing RTS. Second, the micro a little more comfortable and functional than W40k.
But do not think that I am a supporter of WC. To me both games are really like, and why - Yes, because they are very different, although both RTS. WC is a modern chess game disguised as an RTS, but W40k is a real mess, cool shooting, the blood, the corpses do not disappear, physics, fatality! Where else can you see such - Orc fires a grenade at a standing unit, and out of 10 shots 3-4 hit!
Although if you leave things tastes, then WC is much higher W40k as a game, BUT W40k has a lot of what WC never dreamed of and a lot of undisclosed reserves. And the universe W40k mine is much cooler and more interesting (IMHO: the universe, WC is a complete mess, only for chess and good). Would give the guys from THQ and Relic to debug the Blizzard balance'and the game would be a masterpiece.

C
C[o]Y[o]T[e] 04.10.19

Warcraft is a lovely tale,and Warhammer brutal reality

B

If in Warcraft perfect balance why do so many patches to it???

G
GreatVV 04.10.19

C[o]Y[o]T[e]
not skuchaeva our demo!
and that still think that we should try a full (!!!)
2 Cassius
about modding. I mean the ability to change the entire game without getting into the engine.
for example tell me how to change main menu? it is necessary to shovel a bunch of files and download a bunch of programs, and wargamers only need Notepad :-)
2 Hirurg
Waha why is it a great game? all who have asked all think great? the full Varga was lame - she is not catchy at first sight. this is the first civilization in 2002 (wow I hacked. to me it is more like 4)
z.s. about the total sludge I pogorechilsya. I don't go to the club aficionados varchi the same way as the club of aficionados of elderscroll :-)

2 Cassius
in Warhammer balance is perfect! but varche no. this much povypuskali. in warhamer each patch changes the game DRAMATICALLY, and the Vario is not.

z.s. the universe of the Warcraft universe debited from varhamera. incl not Lala!

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.10.19

2 Sweet Johnson
Have you seen at least one strategy where the soldier would have had the moral? I'm not
- HOMM3 (4,5) ;) it is strange that you have not played it...

_
_Sweet 04.10.19

- HOMM3 (4,5) in This strategy, two different things ;)

H
Hirurg_ 04.10.19

2 GreatVV: Waha great because it has a number of features that make it different RTS. And not catchy at first sight. mine is clear why - outdated graphics, dull colors, sounds, not to modern standards... in General the shell is outdated. Well, think about it, if the game is great it doesn't mean she has to like everything. For example I don't like great games like ConterStrike, Heroes (all), Civilization (all).
2 Br.Cpt.Casius[IMS] when I wrote perfect, I did not mean the first version and the last, and perfect is I, he seems to like that. Still, nothing is perfect, but Blizzard is committed to it.

C
C[o]Y[o]T[e] 04.10.19

2GreatVV
Have already downloaded but not yet played.And what's wrong with her and where she lay down.