3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shkudi 17.04.20 08:54 am

Belief (Divinity: Original Sin 2)

Can'T understand how the belief in the dialogues. Even when there appears a line with intelligence (of which I have already 35+) - fails to convince. Stat does not affect? Affects only talent?How it works..
24 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex_95 17.04.20

There are no bugs and no dice roll/stone/scissors/paper.

For a successful persuasion is needed as PERSUASION stat, and stats are intelligence/strength/body type, etc. etc.
If you have 50 of PERCEPTION, but BELIEFS are 0, then with probability 99.99% you will not be able to convince anyone PERCEPTION.
If you have 10 PERCEPTION and 6 BELIEFS, then again the likelihood of a successful conviction is very small.

That is, most likely, the game passes the test (IF STAT*BELIEF > N, the Belief of success). It's clear that if CONVICTION = 0 is obtained 0*50 = 0.
This in an example.
So the swing belief to the max and use for his attempts maximum ride stat in the dialogues.

PS: the passing game has gone 103 hours, the main Persian was the Lowes, conviction 5. The only Persian who could not convince in any way - the Unnamed tiger on the island. On the steam forum write that a Game Master, it was found that it is impossible to convince a tiger.

P
PhilipN8 17.04.20

Alex_95
Most likely the way it is. So for example tried to convince the Lord Kama my girl with the agility and conviction 75 0 do not execute paladins and eventually nifiga not work

m
makc11021992 17.04.20

PhilipN8
even with the belief 6 does not always work out to convince some of the specific characters of the North although it is overclocked, but the other replica on a less pumped stat is, so I think it depends on the character. The same paladin in the quest penalty managed to convince only 1 option, although a dwarf combat mage and a memory, and physical stature and strength to almost the same level but 2 variants are not and 3 success

B
Bastarder 17.04.20

The chance of conviction depends on the skill level of persuasion in HS and pumping his qualities - strength, agility, intelligence (body, perception and memory are not affected). The higher these parameters, the higher the chance of persuasion. Sometimes you have to take into account race, for example, people do not belong to the elves, and the elves are wary of humans. The chance of conviction is lower if entering into a dialogue not GG, his companion, even pumped with conviction.