3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DocVatson 05.09.19 12:36 pm

The perception of the games. In your opinion.

Good day!
Let's call it graduation project".
Nowadays, the number of people somehow involved in the gaming industry millions. All of these people: players, professional gamers, developers, publishers, marketers, (your options). They are of different nationalities, religions, psychological types, they have different position in society, from vagrants (remember the story of a girl from China, lived 10 years in Internet cafe https://xakac.info/news/45346) to millionaires and nobles.
This is a huge community around the world. It allows us to have fun, make new friends, even make enemies. Someone finds his love, on the other hand some ruin their lives, yielding to the excitement.
Everyone who is associated with this is huge, I may say, web, finds in it something for themselves. In this regard, we have a huge number of different genres, opinions, ideas and implementations...

And now I want to ask the questions and hope to hear from You (everyone who have something to say) the most detailed answer.

What for you play? How you perceive them? If the game is to compete with works of art? What attracts You or repels you the most? What aspects of the games and their creation you consider important?

Can write here its interesting or not really the history that are associated with games.

If anyone of You have ideas or a finished article about the history of game development, access to independent developers, publishers, people who understand this - if possible, please share. Without breaking copyright and the right to anonymity (if someone is important).

I'm interested in the opinions of those who are close to igroindustrii in General or just barely touches it. Any opinions. Maybe in the future it will grow into something more than a forum thread. Hope to find here a lot of different points of view, to gather more statistical information and to see a lot of new and interesting.

Thank you in advance to everyone who will respond!
1 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 05.09.19

DocVatson wrote:
What for you play? How you perceive them?
A means of entertainment, what else? I suppose that's the way video games are perceived by the majority. Just have a so-called eSports, and so have a different approach.

DocVatson wrote:
If the game is to compete with works of art?
With the pictures? Music, for example? Maybe because in the game it's all there (depends on the game, of course). Some have, not all )
Some video games employs hundreds of talented artists, masters of their craft. What is fundamentally different from those artists that create sculptures from stone or ice?...

DocVatson wrote:
What attracts You or repels you the most?
Easier to say about the negative, and here all games are very different, too different to give a General answer. Can give options depends on the specific game. For example, when a game is free, but to move above the conventional level, it is necessary to pay. Or when the game always requires a connection with a server (for multiplayer mode). Or when the game sewn protection system, from which more harm for law-abiding than the riders )

DocVatson wrote:
What aspects of the games and their creation you consider important?
Gameplay and replayability in the first place, the atmosphere is also important. But not in the first place, just so normal was not to the detriment of more important parameters.

many different points of view