3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zdrastE 20.04.20 06:38 pm

moral choices in games

sobsna the question - where and how to make it?

all know, in many games, especially RPGs have this feature. type, the player is given the opportunity to choose between good and evil (very simplistically speaking). the plot and the passage is not affected at all, the game is one and cannot change with each new player's choice.
as a rule, can only change the end of the game, well, or what color the banana the player will get for performing different task variants.
so, knowing all this, it is possible to pass the game in any way, choosing either good or evil.
however, I think the majority of players, making the choice between good and evil (relatively speaking) still prefers to adhere to the norms of human behavior, and especially without the need is coming, not outraged...
... but sometimes, under certain conditions of the game, I (and I suspect I'm not the only one) as the player calmly step over all these universal rules and choose dark side.
what are the conditions? well, for example the reward for the job - more exp, money, cool clothes or iron...

it may not be a choice at all, but a simple manipulation of the players?
Cho think, guys?

Spoilera deny any conspiracy theories, even the conspiracy of the gay lobby (et al.Hey. and ME for example)
11 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zloy Duh Yambuya 20.04.20

In oblivion and Skyrim, never managed to join the Dark brotherhood because of what their moral principles, but for armor of Boethiah, something like that is easy - crossed. And what is really there to be honest, the Mace of Molag Bal also got:))

I think that the manipulation of players in games, of course it is, but it probably also depends on your cockroach in the head:))

W
Wing42 20.04.20

Hello
Many game developers love to talk about how rich variability has their child. The player over and over again have to make a choice on your way to advance the plot, and that the consequences of this choice, the player can, and must, so to speak, backfire in the future. And it's certainly not bad - variety of passing I always welcome. However, as a rule, the possibility of making choices in the game, first, limited set of developers to provide options, and secondly painfully on the choice of specific focuses that a piece of gameplay.
What this is now about the last"piece of the gameplay" means? This means that the need a selection is very evident, and not seem natural. Example. I played, then the third in the Witcher. Race along the coast in search of treasure. Picture: three of the severe form of lad are going to accomplish justice on the poor KMET. A mile away feel the scripts with moral choice" that rather spoils my impression of the game. Seriously, they'd be standing there with a noose at the ready, and further, if my appearance at a certain proximity from them they were not triggername.
Or, for example, unnecessary choice. Goes down the road slowly Dragonborn Skyrim. Enchanted Daedric set enchanted on uncompromising Naguib of all living and non-living weapon, the title of grandmaster of Winterhold in the region of strong mojo and basic combat and magic skills under a hundred. And then to meet him from the roadside bushes out NPC is a thief. With a curved dagger and a well-worn by generations of local Koshak and reptile leather jacket. And begins to demand with Slayer two hundred gold coins. Well, it's incredibly stupid from the point of view of common sense! Dragonborn like him in half with a single blow cuts, and this fool still dare to threaten.
So, to summarize. The choice should not be sublimated, Intrusive and useless. It should not cause mishaps and silly situations with the NPC thieves. Choice in games is like plot and not the plot should be the most natural way to weave into gameplay, thus adding to it.

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.04.20

Hello wrote:
sobsna the question - where and how to make it?
The first should be the question of WHETHER THERE is in this game (which you didn't say, by the way) a choice? Some have, but not all. So? Examples?...

I think the question of morality is elsewhere, not in the dialogues. Well fuck you to blame the innocent, and? Is the game over in GTA, you can push and blow up everyone and everything, and? Your conscience is somehow suffering then? I don't have. The moral: when you chierici against other players, and that's when the question of morality...

G
Gauguin 20.04.20

And in games you should always choose good, regardless of consequences, rewards and effects on the plot, because such a choice is valuable in itself.

m
masha 20.04.20

I'm good.

If forced to create an environment where only good will, it will be visible false, and as a consequence internal protest a player with different inclinations, which can into something to spill out.
Read about sublimation, there all described in detail.

r
rPeBoJL 20.04.20

neutrality. if this is possible. but the author would have dropped a couple of coins)

G
Gauguin 20.04.20

Masha
Masha wrote:
Read about sublimation
By the way, her not.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.04.20

moral choice is possible when the game tries to have a dialogue with the player and not the character and encourages the choice of an equivalent in-game advantage.
the first line is very uncertain and unsteady. for example tou have Igori system of DND where the moral choice is usually along two axes. but that means that the player plays the character and the concept of due certain pitch marred. the same can and blue-red commander sepeda.
the second part is very transparent and that means that in this game the choice to be over and not dolzhon to be the main goals of the game or simplify the game problem. historically folded that the game is based on competition and the destruction of some opponent so often geypley game, no other options Choteau to do or not to do, tou does not offer and because social norms don't work there because grafon that does it is good.
a manipulation that is not because he igracem probably interesting to have something that is not unique

r
requiemmm 20.04.20

Generally only two options. First, the player plays a good hero-cloth, because he gets more exp and good armor. Second, the player plays the scumbag that knocks all while receiving nothing, writer niasilil this variant of gameplay. The third is not given. There are exceptions, but it is so rare that in the history of game making, and does not reach twenty such projects. The same elderly gigolo 3, so beloved by school children when his throw, only to wipe the snot and go for another order. Kvestodatel invulnerable, like chuguyeva statue with the core Adamantite.

z
zdrastE 20.04.20

Skyrim DawnGuard came the vampires and the dawnguard, they are opposing.
it was possible to become a bloodsucker and as a reward to some super-duper splash (I don't remember what)
or become vampireprinceal (guards of dawn) and the award to the crossbow.
the crossbow, which was not yet in the Scrolls and when all the rest of the hardware was fed up...
don't know about anyone else but my choice was obvious. and, believe me, the moral component was not in it at all, And B A R L E T!!!, who would not have offered.
wandelingen against granulize
good vs. evil?
no crossbow against I do not remember what there the vampire zamanuhi.

and what happens? the player making the choice is not guided by their moral values, but only the color and quality of banana, which he will get by choosing a particular side?
can I assume that if you swap the bananas,then the choice of the player will change?

then why the hell almost each dumpster is heard howling igrodelov (extols his goods) on the DIFFICULT MORAL CHOICE present in their games?!
Solarbright divorce and thinner as it's called.

r
requiemmm 20.04.20

which was not yet in the Scrolls Oble was not, in Morrowind were, in two variants.