3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NightGameMassacre 05.09.19 12:36 pm

Indie games in 2017 - what they mean to you?

Indie games have long served games magazines as something new and unique, then began attacks on indie games and their fans, in the end, indie games have become evil and terror. They began to mix with the Amateur games, the term has ceased to be something concrete and today Indy takes probably 80% of the total gaming market.
How do you feel about indie games, how to perceive this term and do not you think that in 2017 Indy became masters of the market?
3 Comments
Sort by:
M
Maksim Marshrut 05.09.19

Owners? It's not like. The ball is still ruled by large publishers. The success of individual indie projects - it's just individual achievement.
And Yes, now blurred the lines between the author's project, and the indie segment.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.09.19

I was under the impression that indie games = mini games, i.e., minigames/small games, games, more, Amateur, independent from large software companies. Look more primitive than the larger projects (like Assassin's Creed/ GTA/ Resident Evil etc), but no less interesting, and the gameplay is there is paid special attention (not OK).
That is, these games are worthy of attention, especially if you respect old school )

M
MunchkiN 616 05.09.19

I would compare Indy with the mobile market. quickly developing market volumes can and great
but each individual product is weak