3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guardian. 27.04.20 08:00 pm

Your choice in The Pitt (Fallout 3)

Whose side did you take? Arguments.
15 Comments
Sort by:
K
Komodo Saurian 27.04.20

Side @ Ishmael Ashur's.

Beths is made so that in the final steel mill just changes owners (If you side with Werhner'a) or not change (Respectively, the side of Ashur'a) and the slaves have rotten in any case. So the choice is this: Happiness to all and free (for five Minutes) and, supposedly, freedom, or the hundreds of bodies on the way to bright future.

At Ashur'and the goal is much more promising, so I chose it.

S
Shady PG 27.04.20

I took the side of Werner.I'm just very good.

K
Komodo Saurian 27.04.20

>>>I'm just very good.
Baby in the experiments passed, yeah, kindness itself :D

S
Shady PG 27.04.20

do you think the doctor-raider told Mary(the baby)look-it's my job?

K
Komodo Saurian 27.04.20

Doctor-raider - the child's mother, she said that all of the studies exclusively, quote observational :/

It does not matter. Medication nor Werhner or Ashur will never get. Innate immunity it is impossible to pass on to others :(

G
Guardian. 27.04.20

Took the side of Lord Ashura.

Justify: Ashur - the man who is able to maintain order, while following clearly defined tasks - to transform pitt into a strong community. No doubt, cruel methods, but the goal justifies the means.
Further, Werner - you selfish bastard, his true nature is clearly visible upon successful persuasion to leave peacefully.
- Werner: F*ck this city, and f*ck the raiders, f*ck the slaves, and f*ck you too, f*cker. I'm gone.)
Finally, it would be better for Mary.

I
IKARUGA 27.04.20

Both,not just one,these additions are small (few quests).

V
Vladislav Kiprin 27.04.20

I took the side of Lord Ashura:

Justify: Ashur - an honest and honorable man. The only man who could maintain order, while following the task - to transform pitt into a strong community and to save him from the disease that is killing since the atomic bombings. Undoubtedly, the methods are harsh, but the purpose to which Ashur seeks to justify them completely.
Further, Werner - a selfish villain and his true nature is clearly visible upon successful persuasion to leave in peace.
- Werner: F*ck this city, and f*ck the raiders, f*ck the slaves, and f*ck you too, f*cker. I'm gone.
Finally, it might be better for Marie.

M
MelShlemming 27.04.20

Vladislav Kiprin
What was to rewrite the Guardian.?

Z
Z126 27.04.20

I think it's better to follow Ashura, he takes slaves just because all children who were born in the pita, become through and so you have to take people as slaves from other lands, and Ashur wants to make a full-fledged civilization (as I understand he wants to get rid of slavery in the future when I will be able to create a cure), and Werner wants power, hypocritically under the guise of freeing the slaves and not having any leadership qualities, because it all just falls apart.

Z
Z126 27.04.20

In the beginning was the dialogue Ashura with Raeder and he called slaves workers. This dialogue who attended the course will go against the raiders. In the end, as the slaves were and will. Better for Ashura to play.

And there are people who helping Werner , condemn Institute(kidnapping Kellog), when they themselves create even greater chaos ! Yes, their background Mekson a Saint.

T
Tomas freeze 17.11.21

why everywhere in the passage they write that to take the side of Ashur is a good choice and to steal the baby and free the slaves is bad ?? I just think quite the opposite. After reading, I chose Ashur's side and the slaves began to attack me, I came to save them and not destroy them. That's what came out when the

Spoiler passed

Y
Yolter 05.10.22

As for me, it’s better to go for Ashura, yes, slaves, yes raiders, but at least some kind of order is maintained and production is maintained. In general, both options are cloudy, for Ashura like: well, that’s all, you helped us all, as if, uh, well, I give a tooth, we just have to wait, we will all be healthy, we won’t have slaves and probably no one will turn into trogs at all. And Werner looks like some kind of deceitful cattle depot, someone very correctly noticed that under his rule everything will fall apart, after all, Ashur is a former member of the BS, he is educated enough to manage his gang or what kind of bunch of raid fools. Werner is similar to the Enclave in the main plot for me, so if you think about it: Werner is the Enclave, they occupied not the last place, then they lost their former power, they returned, Werner and the Enclave, or rather Eden, hiding behind good intentions, blew all ears about freedom and peace for all ,

A
A.Soldier of Light 09.10.22

Guardian. wrote:
Eshur is the kind of person who is able to maintain order, while following a clearly defined task - to transform Pitt into a strong community. Undoubtedly, the methods are cruel, but the goal justifies them.
From the point of view of higher morality, no circumstances can justify slavery, the slave trade and other dubious decisions when innocent people, slaves, suffer for the sake of some vague future. Everything rests precisely on the innocence of the slaves, who were not lucky enough to be caught in the expanses of the Wasteland. There is absolutely no justice in this. If there were raiders and bandits among the slaves, one could still think, but this is not so. From the very beginning of this DLC, it becomes clear that the commanders (slavers) are a typical moral and spiritual bottom of the Wasteland, and they decide what to do with whom.

If we ignore the moral aspect of the process, then yes, any methods (!) Are justified for the sake of a certain "bright future") However, one can also argue with this: the future is the future, it is unknown. Only the present, the ongoing process, is known. The Ashura plan is of interest from the point of view of strategic planning, there is no doubt about it. But the dispute was, is and always will be forever precisely on the moral aspect of such enterprises.
All this can be theoretically easily transferred to our modern world: why not take part of the population of such and such a country and make them slaves, forcing them to work for free for food in order to quickly and effectively build a "bright future"? ) No, why not? So, in the Wasteland after the apocalypse it is possible, but in our time it is impossible? Who are the judges and what are the criteria? We are People with a capital letter only when we have a peaceful life, right? ...

Komodo Saurian wrote:
Beths made it so that in the end the steel mill just changes owners (If you side with Werhner) or doesn't change owners (Accordingly, Ashur's side) and the slaves will have to work anyway. So the choice is this: Happiness for everyone and for nothing (For five minutes) and, supposedly, freedom, or hundreds of corpses on the way to a "bright" future.
The difference is simple: under the new government, slaves cease to be slaves. Not if they continue to remain slaves, but instead of Ashura Vernen, then it really is oil) If they receive freedom and wages for their work if they continue to work in factories, but already taking into account their state of health, so as not to work to the grave , it fundamentally changes everything. The FUTURE can be built this way, changing only a few critical aspects of the production process. The result is the same in the future, but a little slower, but everyone is happy. All. Satisfied. Fundamental difference.

Z126 wrote:
I think it's better to go for Ashura, he takes slaves only because all the children who were born in Pita become trogs and therefore have to take people into slavery from other lands
The moral decision is the most elementary: just .. leave .. this .. place .. forever. pt. Don't live there, get out of there. Look for a cure elsewhere than by living inside the infection zone.

m
mark25 09.10.22

A.Soldier of Light
A.Soldier of Light wrote:
The difference is simple: under the new government, slaves are no longer slaves. Not if they continue to be slaves, but instead of Ashura Vernen, then it really is butter. The
question is - are they slaves? Ordinary hard workers of a surviving steel mill, who live much better than those homeless people who sit on their asses on the damp earth at the gates of Megaton or Rivet City and always ask for a sip of water. In Pete, at least people have jobs, food, water, arena entertainment, and armed guards.

In general, if you think from a practical point of view, then Pitt is the only settlement in the Capital Wasteland that is industrial. Those. despite the past apocalypse, this town is completely autonomous and produces raw materials, metal. No other locality produces anything. Or because of laziness, for example Tempeni taur. Or because of stupidity, like Dave's Republic - in general, some kind of Amish. Or because of the small number - Arefu, Greidich, etc. Well, just imagine - a factory city, not just any, but a metallurgical one, "where harsh men" melt and cast metal from morning to evening. At the same time, in addition to hard work, there is a constant threat of attacks from outside, either mutants, or ghouls, or claws, or some other enemy can attack. It is logical that such a place needs a tough and unshakable leader, such as Ashur. Otherwise, this Pitt would simply cease to exist. It would be plundered, enslaved, or simply the inhabitants would be eaten by various wild animals and cannibals. And Ashur, he seems to be tough, but on the other hand, he drowns for prosperity. Moreover, Pitt has potential, since, I will say it again, it is the only industrial city that has no competitors in production.

As for the disease - so what is there to think. Melt metal in large quantities. Heavy metal vapors are constantly in the air. This is unhealthy (not only in the game, but also in real life). Hence all their sores. Somewhere there are cases of mutation, and somewhere a physical illness develops into a mental illness, for example.