3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 29.04.20 07:52 pm

XCOM vs. XCOM 2 (XCOM 2)

I think the emergence of this theme is a matter of time. Than ХСОМ2 worse/better ХСОМ1 and why?

We can compare how infinitely ХСОМ2 with UFO, but the most important is the work of the developers over their child and their mistakes. I will try to take from the discussion of the main arguments on both sides of the fence (those who believe the first part better and those who believe the second part is better) and put these arguments in the first post, in order to compare.

Try not to leave the topic aside UFO1-2 and the Long War, for Firaxis the creation of these games/modifications are not engaged.

ХСОМ2 better than the first part:
+ Significant diversity in the abilities of the enemies, which adds more variety in tactics. (BarackKamacho)
+ Better customization of the squad, hence become more and more attached to the soldiers (BarackKamacho)
+ More widgets for combat (BarackKamacho)
+ Move timer: removed a strategy of turtles (ZaKTomSK)
+ Significantly modified the balance of strategic and tactical (shu_n)
+ Received the development of stealth, now some mission can be completed without killing anyone, and melee (shu_n)
+ Added the widespread destruction, vkrapleny in gameplay (shu_n)
+ The game became more difficult and it is good (Mercurionio)
+ Improved graphics in all directions (Mercurionio)
+ Added more effects on the game world and gameplay: monthly events, one of which can be prevented (ZaKTomSK)

ХСОМ2 worse than the first part:
- Technical part: Poor optimization (vidgin)
- Move timer: removed the choice of strategy turtle/tiger, too many missions with a timer (planet Earth)
- There is no low level of complexity (MedvediVodki)
- Significantly reduced the number and variety of studies (Hirok)
- No Russian voice (I0PuK)
- Emotion: the story worse, music is worse, disgusting interface, unnecessary animations, pop-UPS, no fundamental differences, removed the air battle, the ending sucks (MedvediVodki, The_apathy, AlexeyMC, shu_n)
124 Comments
Sort by:
s
shu_n 29.04.20

Mercurionio
About the terminator.

the terminator - Canon. (Developed).

The game is truly revealed only in him. And balanced it for him (in the first part 100%, the second is little enough, like all). If everyone wins something, and too much money, and the complexity drops to end. Well of course that would have to play it you need to gently pump their skills.
and if it is to focus on the fact that the 65% you have to get something will last 3-4 months on the strength of(1 I part). There is need to come up with 100% tactics, to know by heart all the cards and the development of the aliens for months. And still lost the mission and dozens of corpses of your soldiers.

"And again, pass on the terminator last mission with guns
After such deductions, the plot might seem quite normal, I get it. But nothing on this I will not answer.
Well, I hope that the thought that hypothetically, there is a chance you can be in something wrong - you crept. Yes? )))

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

shu_n
Uh, no, not crept.
We found only part of what was flying. And they quickly slipped out of sight, if rebate start. Here we are flying on the same ship and Taigan also says about it that it makes sense to use their own network of communication. Even though they are technologically better, but still not able to track the entire flow of information. The ship belonged to the aliens, until it was stolen and not modified. It's up to detection.
Again, twenty-five about the plot. You do not mind 20 years of kidnapping and the selection of genes? They began to enter the final stage just when the kidnapping of their key components (us). Yes, dramatic, but it's IN ALL the games (getting to play in the most critical moment).
The game is not intended to be the plot of game of thrones. Compared with the Varick - this is the height of stupidity. THIS GAME IS ABOUT THE SAME MISSIONS. You fly and do the same thing, is the study of the plot. IT WAS IN ALL THE GAMES IN THE SERIES. Enough to flog this Blizzard plot. It is, and it is adequate. Why shit on him I still don't understand.

About terminate. Do you like complexity? Play the terminator. The legend. Forward. What are you rubbing to me now, like a fool, really. I do not forbid to play it. Crying in the interrogation? It was hard to stun the alien? Go go pick up the loot with a fence, but walking Andromedan on the legend (if anything, there is no limit on the maximum number of enemies in the battle mode). You then cry, I in an emphasis do not understand. There does not need to know 100% tactics? You simply won't possess sufficient intelligence to open locations with missions to relieve the progress of the Avatar. Therefore you need to consider the strategic part.
PS: I repeat. I'm NOT a fan of the terminator. Chhat I want, Canon or not. There are fans to play it, go ahead, I'm just happy for you will. You are now a snowstorm had passed - nonsense beyond ridiculous.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

kukulkan9
You legend database system. There is only one dredge is 4 months old.
Implants are still there. Now not only do they might be. What's wrong with that?))
Interrogations do not miss because it is just a little video where Mouton knocks on the glass. That it was good? AP acceleration technology? so it is on the black market.
About the technique and the rest agree.
crouching dumpling
Can be the same. Just borosil 3rd floor two the advent of the grenade launcher)) Another thing is that they are above 45 degrees, the grenade launcher does not rise, because from the ground to the roof to throw.
PS: in one of the missions blew sectopod, which hung out inside a residential building with 3 floors. Oh how juicy everything was ruined, even sverkos burned all))))

s
shu_n 29.04.20

Mercurionio
Bro, you asked why am I told. The fact that you don't think so, we too decided.
I quoted the developers, and you offer me the kind of nonsense Ala go terminator on the last mission with guns, if you're a masochist., or do You like the difficulty? Play the terminator. The legend. Forward. What are you rubbing to me now, like a fool, really. I do not forbid to play it. I'm not suggesting anything... not telling you what to do and not telling you where to go.
And I have never not asked you do you like terminator or not, why would I know?

k
kukulkan9 29.04.20

Mercurionio
building on the legend the terminator the enemy within I'm really brain breaking on the offset base, and then the detuning is obvious, even to think about. And it's not in terms of adopci at all, and in the solution of the problem in conditions of limited resources. Implants here for show, like psionics, seems to have but absolutely not disclosed. and the interrogation is fun, atmosphere.
In General I would say that in the 1st part of the winning company was extracted at the base, and the second is produced on the battlefield.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

kukulkan9
Again. You obviously have not played on the legend. There's NO time for everything. Soldiers after injury and 2 months to relax, there are no resources, the Avatar progresses. The building of the base likewise goes according to plan, there is no need to tell me that everything is easy and simple. And psionics is a much better. On the whole, the balance is nicer than a pack bespaltnoe the shit that was in the first part. About the interrogation, I said, there's even a fan did not smell=\

p
pashalet 29.04.20

I almost everybody liked it, especially the many small fishechek, quietly pop up during the game and causing the effect of wow, and so now you what?! However all this is in detail painted.

But that absolutely do not like - so this is the final mission and an ending. In the last battle you stupid and simple crushed meat, endlessly releasing fatty packs of enemies. By this time your soldiers are already pumped for the kiss these goodbye and have the best in-game weapons and armor. Besides I have had 2 Psionik - so the fight went not so much interesting as long (ooooochen long) and tedious. You grind, grind and grind these hordes of enemies, not like in turn-based tactics and arcade slashers... And when it ends, you're filled with joy of victory, and banal well, thank God, is over at last!
Well, the final movie from popular uprising: is generally a separate song. To look like a tiny bunch of half dead homeless people with their fists and sticks fells elite soldier in the armor and plasmapause without laughter is simply impossible. And in the end, more like a Cthulhu - like, Hey, what do we have here Easter eggs on Terror from the Deep, really cool?!
However, the game is so good - looking that smishno ending, I immediately started it again. Addictive bastard!

v
vidgin 29.04.20

pashalet
You grind, grind and grind these hordes of enemies, not like in turn-based tactics and arcade slashers...
by the way there you can just kill faster avatars. Optional crush all minions. Three avatars killed is a victory.)

p
pashalet 29.04.20

vidgin by the Way, another plus personally, I would have brought... training. Firaxis was able not only to repeat but also to improve the experience of the past in this regard. To turn usually dull tutorial - in an interesting, entertaining story: upleta there and part of the story, and the appearance of an old friend, and the little mini-drama. Besides, if last time at the end of the first training mission we have received some vague soldier-Latino - now we get a very cute and have such daring Ranger Kelly))

L
LightHOwUSE 29.04.20

I will not dwell in the details, but for now, so Xcom EU < Xcom 2 < Xcom EW << Xcom LW. If we consider f as a basis for the future, as with the EU, it is a good way out. But while the two do not pump up like Ansalta, IEC, Genetics, the Dreadnoughts, will continue the theme of villages... I'm not talking about LW. Until then, very bland. Including the plot. I hope that after all will expand. Although, in this case, the milking would be amazing. Given that the game in its current state requires a minimum of 3-4 solid, DLS plot and detail a lot of things)

x
xamakc 29.04.20

ZaKTomSK
Yes, but there are deferred events, in consequence of bonuses for successful hacking of the column or skull alien, so contrary easier than to put out a bunch of different countries trying to keep all afloat.

x
xamakc 29.04.20

Both are good in their own way, the second part is what was not in the first and in turn, these games have it in your collection and look forward to the third part.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

pashalet
About the tedious final battle. On the legend there is no limit on simultaneously involved in the battle enemies. So that at least 50 bodies are you to burn, not getting out slowly mobs + avatar.

p
pashalet 29.04.20

Mercurionio
I don't play XCOM 2 on the legend, so it's of little interest to me. I hate artificially perellonet tasks) I like the terminator-mode: to everything in life that any - even the most ridiculous and offensive - the accident it was impossible replay back. By the way, I believe that all of these mistakes in emphasis and headshots from aliens across the card about which there are everywhere people write - just features the legendary difficulty level. Because on the second level of difficulty - I did not particularly notice. Yes, sometimes my smear from close range. But so outrageous and constantly - no, not noticed. Although, maybe it's me so lucky? Checked on the very easy: there are annoying moments even rarer and mostly untried rookies.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

pashalet
There is a simple formula beginners does not raise the accuracy to 100%. Therefore it happens that the barrel in the nose misses. And the legend is more interesting that the game becomes slower. And more interesting, by the way. You need to think both in missions and in the strategic plan.

v
vwtrotsky 29.04.20

Well, all the time speak are.-nenravitsa, then adding my two cents.
After four playthroughs (veteran - legend - legend(the terminator) - the legend(with mods)) can under brought forth the result.
1. Too little content and short - no air battles, few studies, no furs, no genetics, very few classes of fighters. I.e. very little diversity.
2. Ogrubelosti suffers greatly because of the abundance of animations. Just decided to extend the gameplay due to animations. While very few story missions, and memorable... supposed to remember the past, but not really.
3. Very crude interface - shake for men with cool armor is just not enough shortcuts for abilities that purpose is not sorted in priority of importance(i.e., when aiming in first you can go under control, the VIPs, and then the only real enemy targets).
4. Graphics went on the first part, but the controls ruined all the advantages from it.
5. And most importantly - the absurdity of the scenario of the game(already above a lot of the broken spear), not docked with the first part and the reference to it the same. Too baby videos, especially the last, where there is capture of the enemy base and no one even hit, so as not to traumatize the child's psyche.
6. Not much like the balance - in the beginning it is too difficult, and the buildup of fighters is too easy, even in the last mission(though this is my opinion, although much has mods-rebalanced, you probably agree with me).

One of the advantages I can note only a tool of the developer mods that gives a great perspective of the game.

p
pashalet 29.04.20

vwtrotsky one of the advantages I can note only a tool of the developer mods that gives a great perspective of the game. sorry, it's like? There are some official editor to create mods in XCOM2?

m
mur myau 29.04.20

Sorry off topic but I have a question about the Tools for XCOM 2, it is available only on the license or the pirates, for pirates it is then tell me how to enable it, or write where you can download, thanks in advance.

v
vwtrotsky 29.04.20

pashalet already have XCOM 2 Development Tools and the development of mods is in full swing. The tool is only available in litsuhe. How to install and operate - here http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3798650-tutorial-how-to-get-xcom-2-sdk-up-and-running/
Although the simple modifications like edits of stats, can be done without the SDK. While adding more resources, scripts, etc. requires the use of SDK. Fashion can also be run on the pirates.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

pashalet
There are open from the 5th of February (the first mode appeared after 10 hours after the start of sales).