3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kostr184 11.10.19 10:36 pm

Cooling for the SSD with your own hands?

Available:
1 ssd in the plastic housing on the slide, heated to 70 degrees. (body hot)
1 Scotch, 1 aluminum foil
0 ₽, 0 EUR, 0 USD
Question:
The aluminum tape when you wrap work as insulation material and fry the chips in a plastic juice or as a heat sink and lowers the temperature?
Skalpirovaniya as warranty will end in three years, and what now?
11 Comments
Sort by:
D
DeryBass 27.09.20

Toasts to the kuys all

B
Beirut 27.09.20

kostr184
give back where I bought it???

d
darkpromo 27.09.20

So the foil kind of reflects the heat, isn't it, just make it worse, you can try to hitch some copper plate, if it does not help, then most likely it is necessary to improve the overall cooling of the system

W
WarlokIII 27.09.20

Wrapping the case is a bad idea. It's a good idea to disassemble and to throw an aluminum or copper radiator at the chips with the controller. On the radio dumps any murdered mother, they had hefty radiators on the bridges. And copper, too.

l
legusor 27.09.20

It's easier to just stick an 80- or 90mm fan to the SSD on wiring or thermoglue.

v
vitalik76 10.10.20

legusor wrote:
Easier to simply stick an 80- or 90mm fan to the SSD on wiring or thermoglue
What's the point? SSD is purchased in particular to ensure that there are no noisy moving parts. You suggest hanging out with noisy fans. Then the usual hard disco could be left. The rest you need to see the temperature characteristics for this model SSD. If it can withstand heating, say 100 degrees, there is nothing to worry about. Well, or as an option to arrange the SSD so that it would fall into the jet of air flow from the hull fan.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 10.10.20

Twitter:
SSD is purchased in particular to ensure that there are no noisy moving parts.
For work including, for example, video processing. HDD is not so noisy. The only disk (out of 5 pieces) - a bicycle cerator for 10,000 rpm can be heard clicks. even 7200 is not audible, and 5400 is no longer heard. Don't even know what kind of drives there are, but definitely not a WD NAS system.
Twitter:
You suggest hanging out with noisy fans.
Fan, fan discord, not talking about that there is cooling CPU, graphics cards and enclosures. Who's louder here.
Twitter:
The rest you need to see the temperature characteristics for this model SSD.
I forgot to name the terms. It could be a closed flash drive, a laptop. Do they put it in the console? But let's just say it's the PC, the closest thing to it. I went to find out about my M2 Samsung (more relevant) - The range of working temperatures is 0 - 70 degrees Celsius.
Drive Temperature 1 - for memory chip (I have minimum/maximum/average 38/54/44)
Drive Temperature 2 - for memory controller (I have minimum/maximum/average 40/60/47)
For SSD SU650 is also 0-70. And for the Kingston A2000 as well as from 0 to 70 degrees Celsius.
You can count the default maximum of 70 degrees.
Twitter:
If it can withstand heat, say up to 100 degrees
There's a lot of prots, video cards, even before. And then there's the SSD under 100 degrees.
Twitter:
Well, either as an option to arrange the SSD so that it would fall into the jet of air flow
Yes...
It's the quietest element in the background of the rest of the PC.
kostr184 wrote:
1 ssd in a plastic case on sleds, warming to 70 degrees.
No one asked where or under what circumstances he received these degrees. There are sledges and there in the notebook.
I have in the closed dock station stands SSD sata, up to 49 warmed up. Never had the crystal disk info swore about the issue of overheating, but on the SSD M2 began to howt, as he alone crossed the threshold of 50 degrees under load. The old plexor has no temperature sensor and an aluminum body.

Q
Quebeq 21.10.20

So I have the same question about degrees - they say, where is this figure of 70? Is it an SSD sensor in the aida?

W
WarlokIII 25.12.20

Quebeq
In theory, there should be sensors, but in cheap, Chinese and other pals they make trompe l'oeil for cheapness. There is supposedly a sensor, but it shows the same value regardless of temperature.

V
VETER15 25.12.20

kostr184
In my opinion, to make everything cold is absolutely fanaticism. If it works at such a temperature, then, do not touch it while it is working)
If you are so worried about this issue, buy a 2.5 size aluminum pocket for portable hard drives. True, it will be connected via USB 3.0, but in the radiator and portable hahahah.
In general, standard cases are as thin as possible, and seem to be plastic. Their thermal conductivity is initially good (they should cool down quickly as well as heat up).

r
requiemmm 27.12.20

Every gamer will sooner or later have a dead video card. So, it is quite possible to cut its radiator into 2-3 parts, shake the SSD out of the plastic case, press the chips to the radiator through thermal grease, having scooped up the mount, work for an hour and a half. However, the question arises, is there any point in this? The technology is developing, this mega-flash drive will work out its guarantee and will be replaced with a new one due to obsolescence, not failure.