3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
ferrumban 14.05.20 12:38 pm

Hammer Editor v.2 (Half-Life 2)

In this topic, ask questions and get answers on the Hammer Editor, the map editor for Source games.

The previous version of the theme.
96 Comments
Sort by:
C
Corporal Shepard 14.05.20

Thank you very much !

C
Corporal Shepard 15.07.20

The forum has died or has exhausted itself?

e
elmohobot 15.07.20

ferrumban
I don't know what happened with the textures,just yesterday everything worked but today they look very strange,but when I go in game the textures start to glow,you cann't write the reason.

e
elmohobot 15.07.20

J
J-G 04.10.20

Who's alive? I want to do a few levels with my characters, probably for the gmod. But the levels themselves want to make not bras and objects, will it be normal?

P
Polozhenie 04.10.20

J-G
No, it probably won't. There will be problems with the simplified model (convex) collisions in part of objects (there is, of course, clip- and invisible-brashi, but is it worth it?). In addition, I believe, there will be shoals with lighting.

J
J-G 04.10.20

It's a bla. I'm upset, I'll try it anyway. I also remember the last time I converted objects, they once the collegial was transformed into some average convex and my last idea was to make a collegial separate boxes (and did not check), well, or bras. And with the lighting you have to try, and I still remember stalled with the light, everything was lit up (in the editor's norm).

J
J-G 04.10.20

And yet as I understood in the original hl2 of my new character without access to the pros and cons not make, and in the chest just added to the add-on to the addon controlling lua?

P
Polozhenie 04.10.20

J-G
If memory doesn't change, you can use a non-simplified collision. As for NPC, most likely it will not work without coding, except to replace the model with The Hammer. However, GameBanana has a prefab with houndai (for HL2 or CS:S, I can't remember exactly) that is made in Hammer.

J
J-G 04.10.20

Spbs. I'll dig it up. And with the light, how to be, I in the forehead then did not solve the problem and long burrowed, although probably a case typical? It seemed that everything was compiled without errors, the editor perfectly worked spots, and on the way out all overlight.

J
J-G 04.10.20

And, by the way, can you patrioticate with this money or even publish and sell? Copyright won't eat me?

P
Polozhenie 04.10.20

J-G
I can't say for sure, but maybe the problem is cubmaps or HDR. In the first case, it is enough to build kubmapa through the console (pre-arranged entiti, of course). In the second, tinker with the correct setting of HDR-entiti.

P
Polozhenie 04.10.20

J-G
It is unlikely that it will be possible to get something significant from this (unless, from some sites like Patreon or Ko-fi, but I do not think that from this will be a significant response). You can also get Valve's blessing and release it in Steam, as there were precedents already in place (Hunt down the Freeman, The Stanley Parable, a modification for HL1, the name of which I can no longer remember).

J
J-G 04.10.20

Ok. Spbs. I'm going to dig.

J
J-G 04.10.20

I did as much digging yesterday as I could. I didn't do anything with the lighting. The compiler displays a bug about portals, the absence of a prt file.

H
Henry Stone 04.10.20

How do I get the Citadel to start playing animation? combine_citadel001_animated I wanted to create a map with this capability, but I couldn't find a way to start the animation. I tried to decompyl and view the map from the original, where it is seen (d1_trainstation_06), did not find much. Does anyone know the answer?