3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gerupt 15.05.20 12:13 pm

Question to experts Saga. Infertility witches and wizards (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Reading Saga had the impression that the sorceress is barren because of his canadacosta. The game is just referred to infertility as a mandatory fact. But the Witcher wiki in the article about Tissue de Vries suddenly read that it's forced sterilization (!) graduates of the Arethusa. what the hell?
The witchers are sterile as a result of mutations or also sectioned?
22 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jules_Merit 15.05.20

Maybe it's not the literal meaning ... it's Probably like the Witcher fee for abilities and immortality...

B
BoB_Er 15.05.20

gerupt
In the game of infertility is due to pay for their strength. Wizards lose the ability to reproduce offspring due to testing herbs But it's all in the game, I do not know where in the book.

M
Metalist1925 15.05.20

everything described in the book the Sword of destiny. This kind of fee for their abilities. Ian tried to fix this case: first, trying to catch the Genie and then obtain the ingredients of the Golden dragon

U
Uruz 15.05.20

Metalist1925
+ The books ever written. You just have to read))

Z
ZalMan912 15.05.20

Books sterilization of Wizards associated with the test plants (well she's alive at all), the witch's a little bit harder.. infertile, not all, but this is a rare exception. The reason is almost the same as wizards, passing a lot of ceremonies, they lose this ability.

Z
ZlobnyDed 15.05.20

Sorceress of the older generation (of Tissa,Philip, etc.) are infertile because of their age,most likely because they are already 200-300 years old. The younger generation (like Jennifer) have been forcibly sterilized because of security reasons,so ability is not inherited. The force must be able to control,otherwise it will kill the owner,and not all the descendants of the witches wanted to learn. For this reason, Tessa insisted on sterilization students. Either magic,or family life. Well, witchers easier - after test herbs body mutates from a man there are few remains. Well,this was already written

V
Valihan Paueshev 15.05.20

I do not think that sterilisation was compulsory for witches. The book talks about how Ian is trying to regain the ability to get pregnant. Plus Geralt himself said that his mother was a sorceress, but somehow gave birth to him. So the idea of compulsion is very doubtful, although I could be wrong. Read yet the first two books of this series.

Z
ZlobnyDed 15.05.20

Valikhan Paresev
To sterilize the witches began only at a certain point,with students,Geralt is clearly born before this innovation, and his mother was not a student,and already a sorceress. And, Jennifer at the time was a student of Tessai de Vries that this condition and made

k
kuaa25 15.05.20

A clear explanation in the book Elina Goncharova Ruta: As we know from many scientific sources for the formation of a new species must obey the condition: the isolation of the two groups from each other with some barrier. This barrier is a mutation that prevents interbreeding between the members of these groups. When one species splits into two, the birth of a common offspring is becoming impossible.
From this it follows that the Witcher can't have children, not because his seed to become sterile from exposure to biologically active herbs, as is commonly believed. In my opinion, as for example, from the mating of a cat and dog is impossible to obtain offspring, so the Witcher cannot impregnate a woman, or a man, elfcu, etc. Even if such a thing happened, born from such a Union is a mutant, would be really sterile, like the mule or the mule the baby horse and donkey. As a result of numerous experiments, it was found out that not a single girl able to take so-called "test herbs", it turned out that is farmed look was gay, and therefore not able to have children.

N
NPhysicist 15.05.20

On wikis Witcher (and the wiki on PG too) are written left nonsense, ignore it.

K
Kyubi 15.05.20

In Sapkowski's books on this subject says that the Witchers have become infertile because of the mutagen that they take during training, and sorceress for the magic, which they use constantly.

d
diablo_7_13 15.05.20

The witchers are infertile due to periegetic mutations, and wizards in my opinion because of the magic that allows them to stay young

F
Fishgrinder 15.05.20

The mother of Geralt not quite the enchantress. She from the circle of Druids, it is written in a separate story Sapkowski the Road of no return.

A
Alex the One 15.05.20

ZlobnyDed
This is where you're interested in this read ...of Tissue de Vries that this condition and made a, translated Sapkowski from Fargus?

g
gerupt 15.05.20

All the witches found.
The blood of elves, Chapter 7 epigraph:
Spolernost not born a sorcerer. We still know too little about the genetics and mechanisms of heredity. Clearly not enough time and money we give to research. Unfortunately, experiments on hereditary transmission of magical abilities we continuously method, I would say, natural. The implications of these pseudoexperimental we too often find in urban ditches and the walls of the temples. Found an inordinate amount of drooling debilka and catatonic, making the prophets of vesani, village oracles and miracle-workers, cretins with brains, crippled legacy, unbridled Power.
These morons and jerks can also produce offspring to pass on their skills and continue to degenerate. Anyone able to anticipate, determine, as will appear, the last link in the chain?
Most of us, sorcerers, loses the ability to procreate due to physical changes and functional disorders of the pituitary gland. Some can be run, while maintaining the performance of the gonads. They can conceive and give birth and have the audacity to read this with happiness and blessing. And I repeat: no one is born a sorcerer. And nobody should be born! I realize the significance of their words, answer the question posed to a Large Gathering in Zidarie. Answer with certainty: each of us has to decide who he wants to be a sorceress or a mother.
I require to sterilize all Adaptec. Without exception.
Tissaia de Vries. "Poisoned source"

S
SwedovSandr 15.05.20

Garbage... thought not feared that to be born the same witch or sorceress :))

h
hobbit ilya 15.05.20

gerupt
In the epigraph stated that Tessa demanded that Adaptec sterilized, but nowhere does it say that the requirement was fulfilled.

O
Old_Nick 15.05.20

gerupt wrote:
The blood of elves, Chapter 7, epigraph:.................
Tissaia de Vries. "Poisoned source"
Actually, a Poisoned source is the room Inifer in the tavern on Skellige. If you find and read, then Geralt will say something, like, Jenifer still obsessed with this book.
And if you read the player and carefully ;) you will undoubtedly pay attention to:
1)the Phrase Most of us, sorcerers, loses the ability to procreate due to physical changes and functional disorders of the pituitary gland indicates the natural character of the infertility of the majority of magick
2)I want to... - really, nowhere does it say that the requirement was adopted. And touch it he could only students of Arethusa, the rector of which she was. I doubt very much that held magick, with their individualism and mistrust, would agree to such operation. It is not the desire to have offspring, but permit someone to control. Moreover, in her statement, somebody thought that happiness and blessing. Would be the clash the use of magic that is not mentioned anywhere. Ergo the suggestion of TiII, at least in respect of the senior magick, not passed

_
__BeDMaK__ 15.05.20

ZlobnyDed
Proof in the books Tisa only offers to sterilize the witches

I
Igor_Kholupko 15.05.20

Well, as you can see, it says that the function vosproizvodstva lost in the magic:
Spoileralert of us, sorcerers, loses the ability to procreate due to physical changes and functional disorders of the pituitary gland.
And Tissa offers to sterilize Adaptec, not witches. Charge here know what the word adept. She meant to sterilize girls before the beginning of training, perhaps to ensure that they are not included in the negligible number of those who have still retained the ability to reproduce

But what about the witches, everything is clear, in this thread I'm not one such message I saw