3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JollyRoger666 15.05.20 02:20 pm

Information about the game (Project Zomboid)

Somehow there is very little about this game, so I decided to begin posting information.

Project Zomboid — RPG-going day with zombies. Here are just some of the PLANNED features and capabilities:

Isometric graphics in a retro style, and, of course, with zombies.
For exploration and looting a huge city together with adjacent areas.

Open-world-sandbox — your only goal is survival. However, sad as it may be, in the end you will still DIE.
Opportunity to become infected. How would you spend your last days? It would be your last act of heroic sacrifice or in the end you have gnawed the throat of his best friend?

The opportunity to meet with other preppers with whom you can team up to complete missions, trade or compete for resources.

The ability to break up and/or loot almost anything, and from pieces and fragments to create what you need for survival after the end of the world; be it food, medicine, weapons, or just alcohol, without which much harder to endure lonely nights.

Advanced and comprehensive crafting system, allowing you to use found objects to set traps, defenses, weapons and other necessary things for survival.

The development of the character. The possibility of learning new skills will help to cope with the increasing difficulty of survival.

Disease, hunger, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, addiction, suicide, insanity, inability to trust friends — in the end, the zombie Apocalypse, in fact, much deeper than simple collections brain dead.
The opportunity to join friends in cooperative mode will give the opportunity to survive the end of the world in the company of friends.

The world is changing over time: power plants gradually fail, plunging the streets into darkness and turning ordinary batteries and canned in the extremely valuable goods; army units are advancing on the operations of Stripping... This and more you will be able to see if you live long enough.
The ability to play in browser or through the client, in both cases supported on all operating systems.

Released the game will be in the style of Minecraft, with the same periodic updates, introducing new gameplay features, items of equipment and locations.

Information taken from official community games in Russia
http://projectzomboid.ru/
9 Comments
Sort by:
J
JollyRoger666 15.05.20

The developers in his blog, posted a small news on what's new. They did it in the form of a dialogue / interview.
The key news is the new system Windows. Its essence is simple — "when you Wake up, you see a Horde of zombies, they break into your home through Windows and doors. In a panic you run to the nearest window and try to open it, but it stuck. You try again and again, and zombies getting closer and closer. In a panic, you see no other choice but to break the glass with his own fist, so you do. You jump out of the window, injuring his hand and the zombies are still behind you. Fled, you realize that the broken fist, it is the minimum price for saving your skins."
Anyway, it's a pretty interesting system, and I personally appreciated it. All of this adds a realism and atmosphere that is most important in this game, and that only makes us play it. But, nevertheless, I think that we will not just break the window with a bat, but it still looks awesome.
Speaking of awesomeness, the developers added to the game a huge number of animations, size of which is equal to 179мб. It is not necessary to think that now we have animations for everything, even for sleeping. A key parameter of the size of the animations — the number of different characters. Do not forget that the developers were shown and promised new characters, female characters, diverse characters that you want to repeat the animation that has already been done for the old. This is what caused the current size of the animations.
Moreover, with the Project Zomboid page on Steam Greenlight, we could see a pretty interesting thing. Work on Steam version of the game is much faster than the developers expected, and, apparently, Valve help them with this. It is in fact, contrary to their statement that only modify 0.2.0 of the game will appear on Steam, but RC3 came out. Nevertheless, the following became known, Project Zomboid will support the system Big Picture (for those who do not know, Steam is designed to run the Steam on TV) and will support a joystick, but it is connected with the following news.
I don't just believe, I am absolutely sure that the developers plan to port games to different platforms (apparently including the console). We can play with a joystick, we can play on the mouse-finger, all systems are ready, it remains only to make the port. Despite the fact that the developers make excuses, mark my words.
As for Goodies for the keyboard? The developers decided to use a more "deep" control, citing the convenience and ease of migration control on the joystick. A simple example: in order to use the flashlight, we need to put it in the hand, the mouse, and to turn off you need to remove it back in the pack, again with the mouse. "What we do in all games, to turn on the flashlight? We press F. of Course, we press F". So the developers gave an example with the map (I think it should not be interpreted as a hint) that if the game will be added to the map, to use it we will be on M. It is really convenient, there is not even anything to talk about. But personally, I think we will have more in a future gamepad support. And again, we hit the next news.
Superconductance. I don't know why is it so called, as for me, this is a common "use" button. Its essence is simple, and it was all showcased in a video about the window. We push E to open / close the window, we also hold E to go through it. In the video, we tried to open E, in order to open it, but it would not open. Panicked, we stomped the E button, in order to show the game "and open it chertovoi the mother of his window at any price!", the character smashes a window with his fist, or weapon in his hand. Roughly speaking, we press E, so as to make the action, we hold E in order to perform another. In principle, this button appeared with the introduction of the joystick, and it is really helpful. Just imagine what will happen next! Animation, animation, ANIMATION! The animation of the door opening, the animation of the door opening on the run, and everything like that. It really would be cool, but there is one thing. In the case of new animations, we'll have to open these same doors via the context menu (probably because this superconductance), which is long and uncomfortable. So, get used to the new button.
So, the developers said they are getting closer to the release of closed beta, not everything is ready yet, but close.
So the developers have hinted at the participation in the conference Razzed in Birmingham. "That's a nice page, isn't it?". The developers participated in it last year, their participation this year was very predictable.
And finally, "mystery announcement". In order to wait for the new version wasn't so sad, the developers are going to make a big announcement, but not now. God knows what it will be. Even here guessing is useless.
That's all for today, I hope my work helps you. Watch your brains, during the zombie Apocalypse, they weight in gold...

Information taken from official community games in Russia
projectzomboid.EN/
The author — Xe[N]o
The article was edited.

P
Poehavshiy Bred 15.05.20

RC3 will be released within a couple weeks.

S
SGate 15.05.20

Played in RC 2.9.8 b is a huge step forward. Waiting for release!

R
RikoChiko 15.05.20

Strange that Vita is still not ported.

B
Benarar 15.05.20

Recochica
Rozraby in some interview said that its on the PS Vita like as not,but the expect a miracle :)

c
cev196 15.05.20

her new infa about the game or the project is dead?

G
G0ps70 15.05.20

cev196
The project is still alive and out some major updates, that's not a long time left 41.35 version)

I
ImTheGREED 15.05.20

G0ps70
He said five years later XD

G
G0ps70 15.05.20

ImTheGREED
hahahaha)