3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Melonica 16.05.20 08:56 pm

Installing mods on a not licensed version of the game (the pirates). (XCOM 2)

Not true. Understood. XS how to remove the post. Sorry
4 Comments
Sort by:
p
partizan2033 12.07.21

To Intersnyh how to set the fashion for the pirates, the example of Long Var Of The Cesena:
Go to the folder war of the chozen-xcomgame-config -defaultmodoption
torn off a notepad and write:
[Engine.XComModOptions]
ActiveMods = "LongWarOfTheChosen"
ActiveMods = "X2WOTCCommunityHighlander"
ActiveMods = "robojumperSquadSelect_WotC"
ActiveMods = "BetterSecondWaveSupport"
ActiveMods = "WOTCRevertOverwatchRules"
Create the Mods folder in Warofthechosen-Xcomgame
There throw fashion-those that are in brackets
Other modes are set similarly
Just look for files with the extension fashion XCOMMODS file, copy its name without the registry in .XComMod defaultmodoption
If the file is not broken, then everything will work

I
Inal Elmesov 08.02.22

the previous speaker unsubscribed very clumsily, and also not according to tags, so on the Internet, on request "how to put mods on a pirate?" or "I don't have a launcher in pirate, how can I activate mods?!" - can't find anything. Especially for those who get into it:
How can I enable mods on the GOG (GOG) version of the pirate (and the Steam version too)? Solution found, thanks to "wituswitus" and others.

1. You need to create a Mods folder, the path will be:

XCOM 2XComGameMods - if mods are installed on the original XCOM 2

XCOM 2XCom2-WarOfTheChosenXComGameMods - if mods are installed on War Of The Chosen
Attention! Put in the game directory, not in the Documents folder. The mod itself is a folder with various files. In the Mods folder, you need to insert exactly the folder, and not individual files, of the desired mod, if necessary, after unzipping it.

2. After that, go accordingly in the same place, in the game directory, in the XCOM 2XComGameConfig folder or in XCOM 2XCom2-WarOfTheChosenXComGameConfig

In this folder, open the DefaultModOptions.ini file and add a new line ActiveMods="NoSquadsightPenalties" (in quotation marks the name of the mod), for example, the mod "No Squad sight Penalties WoT" is taken, therefore the name is "NoSquadsightPenalties". !!! The name of the mod that you activate can be found in the Mods folder where you dropped the mod accordingly: we find a file with the .XComMod extension, for me it looks like this NoSquadsightPenalties.XComMod (up to the point the name we are interested in, after the point the file extension).

When first opened, the DefaultModOptions.ini file will look like this:

[Engine.XComModOptions]

or have additional lines:

;Use the below pattern to activate mods (no "+"/"-" etc. operators as this is the base INI file)
; ActiveMods="
;ActiveMods="AnnounceDemo"
;ActiveMods="AvengerAssembled"
;ActiveMods="Squadsize_EU"

We need to add a new line {ActiveMods="NoSquadsightPenalties"} without the semicolon ";" and without a space at the beginning of the line, exactly as shown in the curly brace.

The DefaultModOptions.ini file will look like this:

[Engine.XComModOptions]

;Use the below pattern to activate mods (no "+"/"-" etc. operators as this is the base INI file)
;ActiveMods="TerrorFromTheDerp"
;ActiveMods= "AnnounceDemo"
;ActiveMods="AvengerAssembled"
;ActiveMods="Squadsize_EU"
ActiveMods="LW_Overhaul"

After that save the file, and all. The mod is activated.

H
HenriRAT 05.05.22

Inal Elmesov
Thank you!

M
Mamoru Haru 20.01.23

what to do if when you start the game DefaultModOptions with activated mods is deleted