3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stanislav_Batkovich 21.05.20 03:47 pm

Impressions of the game (Torment: Tides of Numenera)

Hello, friends.
Here we will share impressions. Who when you can. I can do Oh how soon - it's the whole book.
Good luck.
PS the Folder saves Steam version of the game on Win10 x64: c:\Users\*username*\AppData\LocalLow\ InXile Entertainment
21 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stanislav_Batkovich 21.05.20

The game has nasty bugs, but which yet do not interfere with pass. Associated with localization apparently. For example, the text color of orange thoughts, but sometimes that is the color code and then go to the tags and the text white.
It happens sometimes where something slips the context menu, like, when we click on the magnifier (a text description), instead of letters of the alien symbols. The latter was once in the beginning after the fall in conversation with the first two satellites. I talk to them, and behind and above us appear texts with indistinguishable writing.

C
ColonelJason 21.05.20

Those who are now around thirty, unable to remember an interesting piece from the late nineties - the play book. Was easier from thechoose your own adventure - there you just read, and at the end of the page makes a choice, depending on situation turning to the correct page, and reading on, and so on until half of it (or defeat). The specimens were a little more complicated: the Secret of the black castle, True sword of the king, you remembered (or not). There was his own mechanic; the Persian was dynamic stats, equipment, all things, was worth the wait with the bricks. But that still left the book.
That subject, for all its similarity with the game, remains a book. Mountain of text, for text. Is this bad? No - the chamber genre books-games has the right to life, and many even like it. If the game is an example of the classic isometric RPG, a harbinger of the revival of the genre ? No, of course. Texts-an important part of a good RPG is important, but equal. From a good RPG game, it is about a third - have yet to be boevka and research ( real research, with the movement of the character on the wide expanse, obsasyvaniem of Chainikov, etc.). Here we have only text, and it's no more an RPG than a severed cow head and hooves of a cow. It's just a third of what it should be. A third is quite useless without synergy.

K
Kazipuka 21.05.20

played until three o'clock,optimization like on the level.Lots of text,lots of options.Don't like the lack of icons from an NPC,talking like an empty place..

a
alek001 21.05.20

play nano.
all are investing in intelligence.
cheat,convince,threaten..kicks)
fighting only when you have nowhere to go.
in General, I am delighted.

S
Setesh 21.05.20

bored to yawn
p.s. Yes, consider me a redneck if you do not agree

D
DrDoping 21.05.20

Did not go beyond the first fight. Continuous text. This is good enough in the 90s - early zero. If you want to read, the book is better good to take. Will not evaluate.

S

Texts-texts-tests. I never cease to get tired of them. Directly inspire me to read the doomed by Strugatsky. I have two months of books not read - the game became something of a catalyst. Tomorrow will take on the job book. I hope very much that out of town will also be interesting, as in the city. And that will also be the study and some no mysteries.

s
stranjer8 21.05.20

At first it was interesting. Quests seems good. And reading is not as boring as in other bgscan. But after a while became very boring. Running on one and the same in multiple locations, in search of where to click or who to chat, never entertains. The battles in the game are turn-based and pretty boring for my taste of course. Just stupid - there is a big part of the population of the city almost on the street and spends the night in the dungeons, but the hero to sleep (and recover points of strength, dexterity, stamina) must run in a comfortable hotel and pay for her accommodation for each of his companions.

P
Palladim 21.05.20

Like and the setting is interesting and the quests, but the abundance of text makes me sad. Sorry precious time. It would be better done more research and action in the direction of Divinity: Original Sin. Still play, but most likely will leave till the best times.

R
Rolento 21.05.20

I'm more annoyed not so much by the abundance of text, how many new synonyms for known words. Control in combat is also not very happy, quite uncomfortable and too simplistic. Well, the performance could be better. But despite the cons it is felt that the authors tried. To understand and forgive.

G
GoliafJx 21.05.20

The game was hooked, very interesting to read the dialogues, play 3 hours and not one fight not to run. Certainly a game for fans of this genre, of which there are not very many. I hope to pay off

S
Sir_kokainum 21.05.20

Setting the bomb. Finally something new. Interestingly, even just to find new ciphers, curios and artifacts. To explore the world. To study LOR etc (after 17 hours, I'm still in the first town...) Side characters, it's not very well developed, but not boring. But the history - darkness. Meeeeeee, espeeially, ugly, without a hint of dynamics. And I understand that the game is not about fighting, but recent Tirani is also not about them. In this case, there fight is not just not boring, but it is also the BEST MAGIC SYSTEM of all the games I have played. It was impossible to make the battle at least a LITTLE LESS ANNOYING? Yet, that is my only complaint. The rest - OH my GOD 10 out of 10. I got what I expected.
P. S
Someone is still haunted by the problem of random crashes, or I one such lucky?

S
Shine 21.05.20

Literally just finished watching the final credits and... left mixed feelings.

Let's just clarify that the game, overall, is good and what is already written in the review on the same PG, I really will not repeat. She's definitely worthy of passage and, if you do not particularly expect, will not leave you disappointed. Just keep that in mind while I all the following text will abundantly watered her shit, Oki? Here are described purely my problem, sometimes far from objective flaws of the game. Without a detailed analysis of plot, characters and other things.

And since it is story-oriented RPG, and in some moments and a text adventure game, then I'll start, perhaps, with the most important.
The game would have lost nothing, if the combat system is completely copied from the original white. Fortunately, the mandatory fights and her not so much. But those that are, are not so much of the battle, how much Jogging around the arena in search of all kinds of active objects and study them. In fact, all the same, what are you doing outside of combat situations, only step by step and with hordes of mobs, taking away your HP. And you ignore. You have no reason to do otherwise. Because all points, including expoente, (the number of which is anyone nobody can show you how and batlog, for whom it is necessary, in fact the case) you will need when interacting with things, manipulation of which is required for exit from almost any battle. And Yes, I remember the developers that the mechanics of crises looks and it is so-called because of its use not only during fights but also during conversations with the solutions to the mysteries. But that dialogue, that mysteries of this kind, one for the entire game. So, if the dialogue leads nowhere and has no effect, the puzzle is merely the proper alignment of characters in the right places at the right time. And there is already noticeable POPs up another feature of the mechanics characters can't be switched between them during the same turn. They will go strictly by turns, that in some (many) situations will deliver tangible problems. I'm really not sure it was worth it. Also it would be not bad if in cases where the character cannot walk to a specific place due to lack of axispointe, he would have attempted to just run the maximum distance a player to the specified point, instead of force him to deal with pixel hunting.
But really none of that matters, because you can just on the first move to enter the inviz whole group and calmly to do their business under the noses of the enemies. Don't worry, all the polls are blind. The only danger in this case to catch a bug that... you'll break something. Game this full in surprises.

You know, most unpleasant on this particular aspect and with all the problems the other mechanic at all? This is the obsessive desire of the developer to not be like everyone. No matter how many problems could have been avoided, don't try every time they do anything special to Dodge, where does not need the word at all.
This I broken and unnecessary mechanics, yeah.
From the above it can be concluded that the active skill to swing does not make sense. And the conclusion is true, but almost the same situation with active and skills. In some way, even with parameters. Let us remember how the game works. Your primary pastime it is the interaction with the characters/items and spending on these points, the efforts of one of the main parameters. It can make any character from the group, each with its own Bank of these points. Chance of success depends on the number of embedded points, pumping additional skills and optional use of artifacts, cyphers, and other numenor. But. It all worked, if there really was a need these glasses to save. But that's how it turns out, a long dungeon without the ability to return to a safe area in the game, in short, that is, banks for recovery efforts points lying in each of the second dumpster, and the peace research areas can just go to sleep after a few extra meters to the NPC offering overnight. So with enough patience, moments when you do not pass the test either, not meet. For this reason, the trading system in the game can be safely ignored, all the right lies underfoot. Just the developers sincerely believe that new weapons and armor is vital. But what if directly fighting with the enemy almost doesn't make sense?
If we talk about the mechanics which we, in fact, came into play, they suffer from the same inflated CDA of their creators.
The very essence that lies in the main character is his ability to affect reality through memories. Such features the game has, they are not few, they are represented in the form of a text adventure. Inside the memories you make can change the fate of the character to which it belongs, to influence global events in the game world, to pull out important information that would help you in the future passing... in theory. In fact, it generally has no effect. High, gives some understanding of the motivations of the actions of the characters to the storyline. In all other games of the genre that would represent myself another diary, found by a player at the next corpse. Only here it is interactive and according to the statement the game, his special interpretation allows to change the reality. No, not allows. At least it does not manifest itself anywhere.
Or here's the system flows, whose importance we repeat the entire game and around the connection of which with the main character and others like him, in fact, built the whole main story. This aliment defining, suddenly, the worldview of the player. The difference of this system from D&D on the classification you should read somewhere on the official wiki, but the essence is the same. This approach is much more interesting, do not argue, only to follow a certain flow in the game does not make sense. You have no will no new additional jobs, nor the ability to solve a particular situation. Even the new tiny variantik answer in a small dialog will not appear. Max, a couple characters mention the hue of the selected stream, not more.

Briefly about the music and the picture, because everything is an improvement.
The sound I don't quite remember. There are okay.
But the picture is another matter. The game is not full of technological refinements in terms grafone, but the style she got, the team worked good artists who knew what they were doing. It is a rarity in these times. Any part of the entourage competently, fits into the General surroundings and complement each other. You don't ask the question why to be here or that element, it just needs to be here. At least from a visual point of view. From the point of view of logic and attempts of understanding the universe that questions arise constantly.

Once touched, now let's get to setting the plot in General Developers it focused and it shows. They wanted to create a universe more coherent and understandable than the one from which they drew inspiration, while retaining the basic ideas of its predecessor. And at first all is well, there are aliens from other worlds and experience different worldviews living in the first location of the characters, we quite clearly explains how the laws of living, the current Earth and what successes there achieved, with competently connecting times. There's even a character that was created in order to explain LOR. Very interesting approach to “magic” as a whole, for example.
That's just developers to the first location only had enough, after what we showed in the demo, there is absolutely any party RPG from the nineties-zero, but with a fighting curve and sometimes a slight tinge of madness classic white. Starts, in fact, this is pozadovane Save All From the Evil Shit. With completely unexpected twists and turns, of course. No past efforts to understand themselves and their place in the world. Now you just go to the target, simultaneously helping ( or not helping, all scribbled. Although this to you in plain text utverjdayut reverse. Three times. Lying to) everyone.
And even if you want to continue to explore the world, dive into its secrets, the game is not that much gives you this option. The questions she asks constantly, forgetting to provide options for obtaining answers. But it gives to pagrindai graves with names sent to me.
The developers just at some point decided not to tell you anything about its universe, offering a focus on crises and the main plot. Which would look good in any standard fantasy rpgesque. But when for the sake of it lost the legacy for which they are pursued, then it obviously had to do something different.
Quests are standard for the genre, the game is played pretty quickly. Long-running stories in the game, all quests, obtained at location, end at the same location.
From what the question is, where does this abundance of text? Can the variability of rolls? No, completion of a particular task is not so much a reaction to a few of their actions wait is that in the final text stage. Books in the game pieces 3, each of the words 70. But what is really a lot, so it's descriptions. The descriptions of everything, 80% of this text need not quite, as artists worked for the glory and the assistance of the writer it is not required. And often you just don't care which way the character turned his head, if he is revealed as a person just so small. But described with all the details, Yes. Not all of course, many are very interesting subjects, what emerges from the dialogue with them... they described, of course, at a minimum.
Actually, I have the impression that the game is much drank. And leave the release version has solved a bunch of husks, polyphasia pieces from the main kernel. For reasons, apparently.

That before the fundamental characters -- I sincerely believed that to make satellites more dull and charisma than their make Obsidian, so it is necessary to try Oh how. The writers Tides of Numenera, obviously, happened. Maybe it's me, of course, with such personalities went, but judging by the reviews on the forums,the game with them is clearly a problem.
Disclosure begins and ends at the first dialogue and prokleivanie all of the following questions. All. They practically do not enter into conversations and do not develop in the course of travel. What the relationship between these characters and the player are not observed in principle. Closest similarities are with the companions from the first Baldur's Gate. That is not a compliment.
With he difficult. On the one hand, it is much more interesting than the protagonists of the modern RPG, despite the complete dependence of his character from the player. On the other, Nameless was forget and play with him was clearly more interesting. Appearance to taste, then I definitely will give preference to Castoff. And so both characters are immortal, only the protagonist of a subject you care a lot more when you perform a particular action. Well, toss it and through two loading screens the screens will be two steps away from the place of death. Can do with it everything that only pleases.

The finale is pure PoE. Just making the final selection and finished the game. Nobody will ask for the previous deeds... although, again, literally one line of dialogue back to the contrary. No additional options, too, will not open, regardless of your actions. Of course, the hint of a sequel there. In General, neither good nor bad. The game just ends.
Giving me a few hours of pleasant pastime, especially the first few. All my complaints are rather inflated expectations. Which, it should be noted, developers are actively inflated. But it is time to get used to.
I guess I was just expecting that the game will be something more than another good isometrical RPG, a genre which is now so actively and so kosyachny trying to revive.

And fans of the syllable could be in the process of reading the text of the review, as the volume already move into any kind of review, notice that the author sustains that in some crude form, is far from artistic. I don't like that, but... after beating the game I just really felt sorry for the poor virtual paper. To dilute all the above all sorts of literary delights can and should be, increasing the number of digits is even two times. Just don't want to.

A
Alex Coachman 21.05.20

Nano mind-reading. Easy roller.

S

I want to add in the experience of some of my associations with the game: metaphysics, abstraction, surrealism, thinking, philosophy, neurolinguistics, teaching, metaphors, epithets.
That's what Torment. Apart from the fact that a part of the tasks can be completed through another job and find a guess on the third. I am 1,000% satisfied with the game.

M
Makar Stepanov 21.05.20

Impressions after several days of play.

The game world is interesting and harmonious, but sometimes a little too strange. At the moment, the concentration of weird people here how about at comic-con. Each counter then freak Fresnoy with a long history and some feature like growing on the head of the fingers. Every single oddity is interesting, but all together they are similar to non-themed cosplay festival, they are not trying perfect balance or especially influence each other. Here's an example trader meat with your fingers all over my body. Why nobody tried to find these"generators of meat? Why were they not tried to nationalize the city? Why not looking a new generators? Why is he in the end lives in the Underbelly? He has zero flow, he just takes the meat and gives it, thus earning at least 2-3 times more than any merchant, but he had a long time to open a network and deliver it to the meat.

Next. All sorts of wonderful devices. All these things are very interesting and look great, but again, why are they so different? As I understand it, are fragments of different civilizations, but why did they lie so near? That's rocket engines, which look quite our way, I think they will in fifty years-a hundred. But some kind of pyramid that allows you to see other worlds. Why pyramid? Why is she green? She's clearly from another era. Its authors didn't bother the ancient rocket engines in the neighborhood?

Neeeext. The authors generate in huge quantities. Not that he was generally uninteresting, but actually read the text on the monitor bad for eyes. Need version games for e-books. Or for the Yota phone. In, the Yota phone is an ideal platform for this game opened up the dialogue, flipped the phone and read. My eyes are tired of this garbage already. In this case, the text being adequately written, does not make much sense. For example, when the same king writes his thousand-page books, he's got all sorts of small items have a certain value in the future. Here we just report on them all. Here's a character, let's tell the color of his shirt, and then he will no longer appear and we don't remember. While this is an RPG, because the characters here are Legion and we are waiting for a Legion of shirts of all colors.

In General is not bad, but not Tyranny never.

M
Makar Stepanov 21.05.20

Self-Murderer

Fuck you have a scope of review more than the review on PG. These effects of Torment on the psyche, I can tell.

V
Vyxyxol 21.05.20

Phantom2014
Well you read the topic before replying, your comments are all described in detail, and I absolutely agree with him.
Спойлерhttp://forums.playground.ru/torment_tides_of_numenera/vpechatleniya_ot_igry-930222/#comment-16080512

R
Reverrius 21.05.20

From the beginning I was quite skeptical about Torment: Tides of Numenera, one of the most anticipated games of the game and spiritual successor of Planescape: Torment, because after raw and empty Wasteland 2, I doubt that inXile Entertainment will pull the project and give the good result. Fortunately, most of my fears did not come true.

For starters I want to say about the setting and content of the world, everything here is well - being in the universe Numerary feel like a discoverer of something weird and artsy. A world full of unknowable wonders and colorful characters. The originality of the setting - a definite advantage of the game. That only is the Bloom is an enormous organism within which people live and which has the ability to open portals to other worlds? It's hard to remember a more unusual location among the games of the CRPG genre. And of course secondary characters, each of which is a smaller opening than the weird heritage of the long gone history of civilizations.

As for mechanics, everything is more familiar - we have a party cogenerational CRPG with an emphasis on dialogue. A lot of text, but empty graphomania, which, for example, were found in Pillars of Eternity in the case of special yellow-eminent NPCs in the game, no. We should also mention the so-called the Projectors of Consciousness which finds our hero - they will be in the shoes of another character and experience instead certain events of the past. This is done in the style of story with the ability to sometimes use their role playing skills.
By the way, about the skills. There are some interesting skills mystical and natural knowledge, ability to read minds, etc. and of course the traditional social, weapons, thieves, and other skills needed to perform tasks. Solutions to the quests - car and small truck. Sometimes completing one quest affects the possible solutions to another. Almost always the player has a huge range of choices and actions. But what is controversial in this whole situation is the implementation of these same skills, which is expressed in the so-called efforts, increasing the percentage of likely success. In my opinion it is too lenient mechanics, enabling even the character with undeveloped skills to achieve success in their use.
The game can be completed almost without battles, which is a plus. The interview personally, I have no rejection is, it is simple and straightforward. The serialization came to the place, especially considering the fact that sometimes even during the battle you can try to sweet-talk an aggressive character or use a nearby object in their combat purposes.

But what the game lacks is a third or even quarter of the event - all too quickly coming to an end, leaving a sense of something lost. I would like to visit the full Oasis M'RA Golias, visit more locations, I wanted more plot involving the main villain - but alas. And the ending, though finished, was a bit controversial.

What else? The picture in the game is quite pretty, and the design of the locations is even better. In this respect, inXile Entertainment to surprised to pleased. But the demand for many game objects in practice is very doubtful. And of course, do not dub the game in Planescape: Torment, a classic of the late 90s, a guiding star for Torment: Tides of Numenera, not attempt to surpass or be equal to it.

Summary: first came the main contender for CRPG of 2017 and just a good game for all those who enjoy original worlds and don't mind spending reading the text the bulk of the playing time.

8.5/10

6543210 21.05.20

Impression - more text God text. It is unclear why so many meaningless dialogs, you can do like in DAO, notes and books (want to read - want not). The Persians inscribed, almost every one can speak and each has its own stupid useless opinion. Reading this poetics/uniquescoop shit takes a lot of time, but not impossible to read - well it's an RPG, you have immersion in the atmosphere! I gave up right in the first town (not even a finger ill to click these endless unnecessary talk) and the game flew to the basket.