3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dark Corsair 22.05.20 07:13 pm

The Prophecy Of The Apocalypse (Darksiders 3)

pix.PlayGround.ru

As we know the four horsemen of the Apocalypse four of the essence of the 6 chapters of revelation. These harbingers of the day of judgment are frequent visitors in the modern culture and most of you knows about them. Darksiders offers an alternative view of this prophecy. But the game is just one of the many creations of riders.

How do you feel about the biblical prophecy about the end of the world, your thoughts and fears about this? What works of art about the riders you know? How do you perceive the entities horsemen of the Apocalypse, and what I see in each of them?

PS was this topic about five years ago, maybe now it will gain a second birth, given the fact that the Rage and Contention have moved from the original concept of its biblical imagery. Yes, and it would just be nice to hear the opinions of people with regards to the topic of riders and discuss. )
4 Comments
Sort by:
h
hanterwow 22.05.20

Dark Corsair wrote:
How do you perceive the entities horsemen of the Apocalypse, and what I see in each of them?
Bible or game?(just the original not even read)

D
Dark Corsair 22.05.20

hanterwow

Any, you can still and movie, along with literature to remember) still, each in his own way became acquainted with the concept of the horsemen, I personally first saw them in the TV series the Journey of Hercules and Charmed XD that was the story trash, But still prompted the desire to know who are the riders and what they represent)) The word has an interesting opinion that horsemen is nothing more than different periods of world history one way or another associated with certain disasters or disasters in the period of the middle Ages and 20 century, as an example there is a theory)

h
hanterwow 22.05.20

How do you perceive the entities horsemen of the Apocalypse, and what I see in each of them well I see riders not evil and not good and the fact that they are rational and engage in acts do not agree with their names
The war was not very glad the war with 3 Kingdom, (more just my thoughts)it makes sredini the sake of fighting, he's a noble warrior who is addicted to fights, but it does nothing everybody, he kills/fights only with those who stand in his way (that is, they are emotionally ready to do battle)
With Death almost as though he needs to take life, he gave life back to the people, he is wise, severe, not all cuts left and right, Fury and Strife, the same probably will make contradiction.
Rage restore the balance of power
Strife will stop the feud between the kingdoms.

S
Serafim_94 22.05.20

In fairness, classic interpretation Death, War, Famine, pestilence is also a bit wrong. Death and pestilence - the same rider. The rider on the white horse generally ranges from Jesus to the Antichrist.

And about themselves Ukraine, there is a version that it was such a subtle political trolling those times.

I think my favorite version is from Good Omens Pratchett and Gaiman.

She ran around the street: a pair of women chatting on the corner, a bored salesman sitting near a pile of multi-colored melons, fending off flies, but in the dust were playing a bunch of kids.

What the hell! quietly she murmured. – It's time to have a vacation.

It was a Wednesday.

And on Friday the city was already raging.

By next Tuesday the economy Cumbolo were destroyed, twenty thousand people were killed (including the bartender – he was shot by the rebels during the attack on the barricades on the market), about one hundred thousand were wounded, all weapons Scarlett was used, and the vulture had died of overeating.

Scarlett had already left the country on the last train. It's time to change, she felt. For too long she was selling weapons. It's time for change. She wanted to do something a bit more interesting. Here, for example, it would be nice to be a journalist. An interesting opportunity. She was fanning himself with his hat and crossed his long legs.

Near the fight started. Scarlett grinned. People are always around her (and she) fought. It was very nice, of course.

And the rest of the match. Hunger, creating a diet program and opening fast food restaurants. And Pollution, which took the place of the Mora, when he retired, muttering something about penicillin. Well, Death knows the answers to all the questions ,and consistently winning in the lottery.