3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eynart 22.05.20 09:07 pm

Impressions from the demo (Prey (2017))

Here came the demo. PC is broken again, and I'd like to know how the game feels and plays. Video on YouTube in this plan not really help, because there is usually some cancers play that for half an hour thinking where to go.
Fellow console gamers, share your experiences. How facial expressions are perceived, if they pop up unexpectedly, or a certain each mug is just scripted on the transformation in the expressions? Graphics looks like live? How does Talos: how wide corridor, as the set of locations by type or Dishonored as one open world that is promised?
7 Comments
Sort by:
c
crabCore 22.05.20

Will go in order.
On PS4 the picture is good, is the school of shadows (severe pixelation), which I think will be in the PC version (later I will attach a screenshot). But it is, I hope, will correct. As for the rest - well, the station looks very cool. The Frisians, drawdowns, and other delights were observed. The engine, fortunately, not Dishonored 2, so that the bakery also problems should not be.
Just fucking music and there is no doubt about it - after all Mick Gordon is responsible. In the main menu for a few minutes just sat and listened to music.
The fight with the mimic not suscriptor, those little bastards can suddenly appear, hit in the back and quickly head for the corner, turning, for example, in the chair. And God knows what, because the chairs in the room a lot. Or in a mug on a Desk, or in a garbage can in the corner, or in a box, or... well, you understand). That is completely random, it all depends on whirling. After the first clashes began to develop paranoia, hammering almost every mug in the room)
Plot complication is interesting, but here, again, experience is not necessary - for the script meets Chris Avellone.
The station is arranged as a set of several huge locations, so that just a single open world no, but the location is really extensive, so I see no problems.
Feel is a bit Deus Ex, a little Bioshock, System Shock and a teeny bit from the Portal (for the atmosphere, it seemed to me personally). In General, all that I love.
By the way, in the demo, it stated that the first hour, but in the end, I spent no less than three and I think to go through the demo again)
The problem with shadows
Something like this. This, of course, is seen only rarely, in General shadows look normal, but even that sometimes does not want to see. Shadow, if anything, is dropped onto the wall from the lamp lying on the floor.

S
Saha1992 22.05.20

Camera control is inhibited, most likely consoleable, the picture is good, clean, played proshko.

t
tesla707 22.05.20

1. Graphics.
for CryEngine is terrifying. What is that model people?, from the beginning of the 2000s, that is.
all cardboard and wood. But the specials.effects are still present is the light, reflections, antialiasing (pretty good, the stairs have never noticed before), the flare and so on.

2. Music (voice).
the music in the game is not bad, all loud (even had to turn down the sound on the TV, although never did with other games). The voice acting is decent, the voices are well matched.

3. Gameplay.
well what can I say - pure Deus Ex HR. Or rather a mix of portal and half of Deus. Just as in Deus, you can take electronic newspaper and read them, as there is inventory (backpack) is very similar to depowski, and even managed game like Deus.

4. Management.
control of the game is clumsy. On the gamepad is quite comfortable. And weapons at the beginning of the gas wrench?! Halfa hi! Waving that key at the alien creatures just a game (Yes, the apartment Jensen, Oh that I, of course Morgana (but not Freeman) is the magazine about the Fermi paradox).

The result:
graphics - 6.5 / 10 (due to the old cardboard textures and poor character models)
- music - 8 out of 10 (probably the best there is in this game)
gameplay - 6.5 out of 10 (if you are waiting for something new from this game, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed)
- management - 7 out of 10 (one word - oak)
- overall impression 6 of 10 (was expecting more, but...)

Conclusion: I think this game to buy at launch, I will not, in the best case, the incentive at a super low price and with 85% discount to the console to take it and suffer from management that does not respect themselves. So think for yourself, and this is just my IMHO)

PS: when you write a review koment of crabCore didn't read it, and it turns out that thoughts on the game coincided)

e
en3rgizer 22.05.20

1. Grafona no, I think he is even worse than Mafia 2, but it did probably not to much cursing on optimization, and then at the start of Dishonored 2 on PS4 in a row, although to be honest it's not clear why, because again, the picture is not very. And this time upset, it's"shimmering ladders, I certainly understand this console and about any smoothing here is not a speech, but in the game it is not conspicuous, and well do the stairs (although here, as especially a lot, even on the textures of the second plan), and in motion it is not noticeable, because they float, but if you stupidly stand and watch them, so that the image was static you can see many straight lines that are essentially ladders and even flicker. Anyone ever notice that ? I have however setup a TV put on max detail, but the Sony BRAVIA TV 7th series, I think it is in any case not to mess up should, in other games this is not observed.
2. Physics of objects, movement, objects, character models, even the fonts and text pop-UPS, just like in Dishonored 2
3. The atmosphere of the game is good, System Shock did not play, but Bioshock is very similar, all these talks on the radio, audio diaries, notes, the movement on the game, and open world no, but how would he take on a space station ? there is a set of sections of the station, between which you can move, and having been in the first one, anyway it will be necessary to return to it, and maybe more than once, because not all the rooms will open immediately, the principle here can see the door but it's locked, you need to first go to another part of the station, to then get back and open that door, etc., who played in the first BioShock understand all this running around the compartments, and the place itself was very similar to the Delight, if he was in space the style is not quite futuristic and with a touch of retro like in Fallout (then Kennedy was killed and he lived right up to 2031, and the United States and the Soviet Union began Druzyaka and together developed the space :3, odnako there are records of a nuclear war or something like that, more the information learn as you progress ), and the atmosphere of the disaster, abandonment and ruin, mutilated corpses underfoot, and plus the story itself in the beginning at least intriguing, too, is a antagonist that is remotely like something you shits although it says it's for your own good, and it's your mother's older brother, and an unknown assistant which supposedly helps, but what this will evolve is still a question.
4. Music, to someone I see like, but I'm just wildly hated, monotonous and acting on the nerves, and so it is, then it is not, and it is not even up to enemies on the middle of the game turned it off at all, maybe because I played at night and misunderstood its essence.
5. Pretty high difficulty, play on normal, but stupid to run shooting at everything does not work, you need to use the environment, stealth sometimes, not all the places to go, etc., kits and cartridges is not enough, the enemies hit decently and unexpectedly, I hope that passing it will not pass, and that in many of these games at first, been homeless and suffer from most smaller enemies, and by the end all stand with their eyes closed from a surplus of ammo and health kits.
6. The character development is and the gameplay it will influence, for example, you can throw tables, for this you need skill to swing, hacking combination locks, is also a skill (plus the mini game for hacking, but it's about nothing), has the fighting skills of the type of sameplace time, etc.
7. Management as the management aim, shoot, where is possible to find the convenience or inconvenience I do not understand.
8. Enemies showed only 2 species, I hope there will be more, since the textures are not delivered, and the main problem Bioshocka was just the same boring enemies and had to entertain themselves killing them in different ways, although it was generally not necessary.

The demo is not on the hour, and at 2 and a half where it came out from me, and some doors are not opened, don't know so conceived or just protupil. As a whole I'm a big fan of Dishonored a positive impression, but the game is clearly on the Amateur, and the style and content of the release will not take, yet AAA project wouldn't call (the same as Mafia 2 I liked more), the full price to pay for it sorry, but
how will discounts be sure to buy. Top compared the game with Deus Ex, but in my opinion nothing to do with Deus Ex not here, except that the action takes place in the near future (no sneak up and kill with one button, stealth is needed here to escape and not to attack) I would rather call it Bioshock in space in the style of Dishonored

N
Nicolas Lonn 22.05.20

after this demo was very sorry, that is not released Prey 2. at least she really was a cool game with interesting ideas. And this is a...hodgepodge of other games (bioshok, systemshock, dishonored and Sobotka dead space). Generally very first bioshok atmosphere reminded. The demo really did not like. If I buy only a couple of months BU.

P
PolaC1 22.05.20

Prey was created in the art style of Dishonored. This artistic component is the chip makers Arkane Studios. This style says who and what it is. Silly, very silly to judge the graphics of this game. For example, here I was waiting for this style from Arkane Studios and no I don't need another. Their customs are not only beautiful visual, but deep story, and always unique game play. The only thing bad on the consoles - it's crooked management. In comparison with the battles, the Kalda or destiny, she is very behind in this regard, is not Very convenient as it is done.

L
Left Behind.PG 22.05.20

Thanks to those more than for opinions, it was interesting to read.