3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ulkiora99995 30.05.20 10:46 pm

The temperature of the video card, please give advice

Hello, interested in this topic, I have the MSI Radeon r9 290 gaming 4G. No games to 80-82 degrees, from time to time artefacts appear in the form of irregular colors. The point is that the thermal grease is changed regularly, the case open for cooling, dust no no all clear. Checked for defects using ATI TOOLS, it gave no results and no error was found. So what could be the reason and how can it be fixed? Configuration in addition to the card : percents-AMD-6300, a power supply 750w, RAM 8gb,but it seems important enough. The chip card is adequately loaded on 100%, cooler self-promoted 90-100% after afterberner, the card is not overclocked, running at default settings, use it for 3 years. Waiting for a constructive answer, thanks in advance
15 Comments
Sort by:
U
USER_NT 30.05.20

Ulkiora99995
Ulkiora99995 wrote:
thermal grease is changed regularly
maybe this joint, improper application of paste or mounting of the cooler.
Although I have the card, too nagrevayetsya to 80 degrees in demanding games, and the kind of artifacts and no brakes. I struca 6970. But I have the cooling, not the impeller, and a huge cooler with two valves.

U
Ulkiora99995 30.05.20

USER_NT
I think that it is too bad thermopaste normal cooling of this card, does it make sense to change it?

Z
Zlonchello 30.05.20

This is a feature!

U
USER_NT 30.05.20

Ulkiora99995
Don't know if the grandmother is on a new card, it probably can odd newer to take, if not and you are satisfied with the gaming performance, of course, change the cooling, with the reading reviews about the hold that'll take. New map, at least, will cost you from 10 thousand and above, and cooling of 2 thousand and above.

k
kc5 30.05.20

Pass easy card game just limit fps in msi afterburner. Lego kakyu for example. If no limiter 150фпс - limit 60. If the artifacts disappear and then is the temperature. If not then the map screw up.

Z
Zefos 30.05.20

My gtx 950 no load to 75 degrees, in idle 30-40 degrees. This is normal.
But you guys have the stove and not the video card.
I would case closed, and added an extra fan blowing and blowing.

G
GeRR_Praetorian 30.05.20

I ordered the other day Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid III-140. Looked, great reviews and, indeed, more than proved!) You need to look like in reality will be.

s
saa0891 30.05.20

Ulkiora99995 wrote:
Hello, interested in this topic, I have the MSI Radeon r9 290 gaming 4G. No games to 80-82 degrees, from time to time artefacts appear in the form of irregular colors.
The temperature is quite normal,but the artifacts may already be memory falls off.
Ulkiora99995 wrote:
sucks normal cooling of this card, does it make sense to change it?
Better podscope money and buy a new vidyahu,than to throw money on,especially cause of the artifacts is not known.

F
Fei Fong 30.05.20

here it is... just that 70% is not a tight fit of the cooling element to the chip. Thermal grease Or Arctic mx4 thermal Or Grizhly 11.5 watts. use

D
Denis Kyokushin 30.05.20

I once for intense 4890 was from 83° to 89°C. And artifacts were not.

M
MagicHero 30.05.20

Zefos
Have you got the stove, my graphics card is at load peak which saw 65 degrees. Usually in hard games is warming up to 60 and in the old type of lords of the fallen or CoD BO2 and 50 is not heated (it's usually around 45)

S
Shadowarm 30.05.20

Is R9 280x,cooler at 60 degrees spinning at 50% in games over 60 is not heated,the house 25 degrees Celsius,side housing cover is open.So here it is most likely in the graphics card cooler may not work well?

T
TakedaFX 30.05.20

My Gtx 970(Ref-map) is heated to 81 in the load, is it dangerous?

M
MagicHero 30.05.20

TakedaFX
No, my old 780 after 3 years is also beginning to warm up to 80 degrees and nothing works in the second computer without problems.

O
Olezha_Kerch 30.05.20

You should start with the system. If Windows is already a year and a half, anyway sacrales all sorts of tails and a bunch of background processes. So the first thing is format and install a new x64 system, it is desirable, unfortunately, 10ку. After that, put fresh wood on vidyahu, if their machine is not padasala from Internet 10kA.
Then rule out the time of wrong application of thermal paste, since I decided to open vidyahu. First carefully remove the old layer, in any case not scraba with a screwdriver or something else, because any micro-scratches will prevent a tight, without gaps with the air contact. Evenly and neatly apply a new thin layer to the entire surface coprinaceae, again, without scratching or rubbing the paste, and in any case within this surface. This will fit perfectly the cut part of the plastic old credit card. A thick layer is going to contact when you clamp the cooler so borsite with pasta is not necessary.
After that check in igruha. Of course, we must start not with svezhak, but with something where the video card didn't change. If the temperature in previous games imputed as before, then heating to 80 degrees in new games, probably due to the fact that its already hard to fit in time. If in the old games that had, say 60-65, and now 80 - trouble. Maybe it's the new wood. Try zatestit on older versions.