3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Screw It 30.05.20 10:53 pm

As you did with genophage? (Mass Effect 3)

What happened with genophage?
I am now on this mission. The decision is very difficult. Don't know what to do. How did you?
86 Comments
Sort by:
V
Veselyy Kot 30.05.20

Supported the krogan and cured genophage, wherein said Mordino breakage of the Veil.

H
Han-Ga 30.05.20

Chose the lesser of two evils and cured, although in the future this decision will regret it. Maybe not at the Rex, but Croghan sooner or later will rise, and all will be fun. Will then remember the shepherd kindly quiet word))))

d
delamer1 30.05.20

Han-Ga
Not the fact that will regret, but do not care. Shepard is dead, the survivors will have to continue to think with your head.

A
Atay Wolverine 30.05.20

If we consider even the best option, when Rex and baccarat have a very strong impact on the krogan and able to tame their aggressiveness, even in this case, krogan are more dangerous in the future. Quickly reconstructed, starting to raise their culture and science, the krogan will become many times more dangerous than in times of uprisings, because this time their strength will be multiplied by the technical and scientific advancement. At this moment they can remember old grudges plus leaped Imperial ambitions as any other powerful nation. On the other hand, they are only going to be one of several strongest powers and will understand that in the case of an Alliance against them they cannot stand. Cure of genophage can be a major factor that will keep the aggressiveness of the krogan, and their deception that aggressiveness makes it almost eternal. How is it someone said it's better to have a grateful ally. So, healing genophage is probably the best choice under conditions which Croghan will have to meet, namely, the restriction of procreation, the continuation of demilitarize krogan, i.e. restrictions on the maintenance of the armed forces, Navy and the ban on the colonization of the planets without the Council's permission.
PS No need to exaggerate the military abilities of the krogan, they will not benefit from the artillery strike or orbital bombardment.

A
Abibok 30.05.20

Now just ponder over this question. The krogan there is one major flaw that no reduction of aggression can not be cured - they breed like rabbits. The housing problem in this case is inevitable. ) That is why, in my opinion, and there was the old krogan rebellion when they began squatting areas, and tried to stop them. Genova, as it really solved this problem. Well, the aggressive krogan just got a new excuse: we are angry because of genophage. ) But now (i.e. at the time the M3) before the Galaxy is a matter of global survival. Will not stop the Reapers - no one. And the krogan too. No one is going to sting, because simply there will be nobody. Therefore, to cure genophage probably currently strategically more important. But in the future, I don't know how it will turn out. Maybe Rex and Eva will be able to turn the development vector krogan in a positive manner and the next generation of krogan to learn to think first and then shoot. And other races are not going to deteriorate, so a total hegemony krogan in the Galaxy to fear, probably still not worth it. Now would itself save the Galaxy. And there razrulitsya as NID.
But if not for this global nix, I would probably Genova and not treated. But I can't: not met those requirements, and to krogan to cheat and help them to. I simply have no choice. ))

G
G0G1 30.03.21

Stormreaver The
krogan will sweep away the turians and salarians alike.
How many times through the game have I been convinced that the krogan will definitely take over the universe. In my opinion, curing a genophage is the worst decision you can make. I justify:
First, back in ME1, Rex said that when choosing between healing a genophage and fighting, the krogan would always choose the latter. This means that even if we cure the genophage, the krogan will not stop fighting. On the contrary, the "super-empire" complex will further spur the krogan to seize lands, since they CAN. As you know from the codex and from the game in general, krogan leave behind only ruins and destruction. And in ME3, if you ask Rex to moderate his appetite at will to capture more planets (since there will be more krogan every day due to the extreme fertility of females due to genophage treatment), Rex will say: "Let them try to stop us." However, here someone mentioned this too. And Mordin, who has been researching the genophage for YEARS, said that increasing the fertility of the krogan will ALWAYS, ALWAYS lead to wars. And what do you choose,
Secondly, unlike the queen of rahni, whom my Shepard kept alive, and who promised to keep her word (did not see rahni in the game who threatened to rip off krogan's heads), and who do not have such high fertility as krogan, I met the game has enough krogan who said what they would do after the genophage was treated, and it is clearly not to sprinkle everything around with flowers and jump for joy in an embrace with an asari. Especially unlucky for salarians and turians, according to the words of the krogan. Remember the words of the herald of the Weyrlok clan on the mission of loyalty to Mordin: "We will drown the galaxy in blood." In addition, even under a genophage, krogan adapt to almost any conditions, (for example, on Tuchanka), and if the genophage is cured, then they will generally be unstoppable.
Thirdly, although Rex promises to go peacefully, he will be swept away by billions of krogan from other clans who will have nowhere to live, who will not have enough space on one planet. And destroying them all with the help of artillery or dreadnoughts is also a bad idea: krogan will climb on planets where they already exist, salarians, asari, humans, quarians, etc. This means that you have to completely destroy the planet in order to rid it of the krogan. And a new kind of genophage, you ask? According to Mordin, it was already very difficult to create a genophage, and the next version will most likely be impossible to execute. In addition, EVEN IF a new type of genophage is made, then either there will be too many krogan by that time, and they will force them to cure them again with fire and sword, or they will evolve by that time so that among the billions of krogan there is one who will cure the genophage again,
Well, for dessert: you can make it so that you have the support of the krogan and salarians, while not treating the genophage. How to do this has already been written.
PS: Of course, it's a pity that the krogan are "used" twice, but they are monsters by nature, with rare exceptions. If they had not multiplied so much, and were not so aggressive, one might have thought more.