3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Goroooo001 30.05.20 11:10 pm

CPUs

A very high consumption in idle, 36-38 Watts, and games where the CPU and GPU loaded at 100%, PC eats 200-210 Watts.
System
GIGABYTE-Z77M-D3H
Core i5 3570K
4GB DDR3
4GB DDR3
1060 GTX 6GB
Kingston SSD 480GB UV400
Windows 10 64
Case fans no

Sin on the power unit as it is Chinese, without a certificate 80 PLUS, as well as to the mother, it is very hot South bridge, even in idle.

Question: whether the decline energopotreblenie in idle and low load, when switching on the power supply with high efficiency?
10 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bombardirovschik 30.05.20

What do you monitor zhor PC?
36-38 watt is the consumption of the entire PC or only CPU?
38 watts for the entire PC in idle is normal and even a little

a
airstorm 30.05.20

Goroooo001
Goroooo001 wrote:
in simple, 36-38 Watt
This consumption of the entire PC ? If Yes, then in the normal range (depending on iron can up to 70 Watts to reach, on average)
In games 200 Watts is the norm (even a little)
Maybe the problem is the PSU, then it is easy to calculate, loaded his 12 and 5 and comparing the input power -output.
BUT! The first thing the driver ... make sure the problem is not the software. To more reliable trim a driver issue, run storonoy OS type Knoppix with a DVD drive and look at consumption.
PS not a new Z77 chipset... the temperature of the bridge could increase due to drying of thermal paste (gum). Go into the BIOS and podluzi sound, balance and other load on the bridge - sometimes found probity realacci (or any) chip.
Open the PSU case, carefully check the capacitors, there might be swollen - then the bridge is heated ripples.
Also check what programs are running in idle and how much CPU usage/memory usage/disk consuming.
Goroooo001 wrote:
to decline whether energopotreblenie in idle and low load, when switching on the power supply with high efficiency
Not really. Switching-mode power supply is assembled in the flyback circuit (one-or two-stroke) of the transducer. Efficiency is nonlinear, and at small loads of the order of 5-20% of rated capacity (depending on scheme) are very low. But when the load is 50-75%( in some cases up to 90% of nominal), then their efficiency is high! Ie if say you kosarevski 500 vatnik, then the consumption of 40 watts winnings a small (though there are), but load it that way for 200-250 watts and it will wind a smaller electricity bill than the cheap Chinese Take out-sun assembled somewhere in the basement or the garage ;)

G
Goroooo001 30.05.20

Bomber
Yes, only PC
airstorm
will conduct experiments to accomplish your goal.

G
Goroooo001 30.05.20

airstorm
Consumption dropped to 33 watts, disabling USB, network card, built-in GPU and zvukovojj.
However, the temperature of the bridge has not changed, maybe became slightly lower ((
PS X7 mouse eats 2 Watts

a
airstorm 30.05.20

Goroooo001
Consumption at idle more than normal. Because he wrote:
Bomber wrote:
38 watts for the entire PC in idle is normal and even a little
airstorm wrote:
depending on the iron can up to 70 Watts to reach, on average
With this you have no problems. If the games consumption of 200 watts, that is also fine. Your CPU load eats about 80 watts, your video card, depending on the manufacturer, consumes from 120 to 131 W!!! In fact under load you should already have a consumption of about 200 watts just for the CPU and vidyuhi, but there is still the chipset, RAM, hard drive, audio, network card, etc. in One word you have the NORMAL power consumption corresponding to your configuration.
Look at the temperature of the bridge (any utility, though Aida64) if it is 40-50 degrees, then come down, if higher, then check the capacitors on the PSU (and next to the bridge - maybe swollen) or borrow someone's PSU and check. If necessary, change the thermal paste. Be careful. Don't scrape that off with a metal object, you better put a cotton ball soaked in solvent 646, then carefully remove the old gum, wipe clean with alcohol (or acetone) and apply a new one (if there is no such, then KPT-8 will fit, but better Alsil-3)
PS On account of the brand of thermal paste solvent and identified those that they know, so to speak of what was sold in St. Petersburg 12 years ago. Perhaps now in Russia you can get better thermal paste.
P. P. S. At worst you can always fit to the radiator of the bridge a small fan ;) ... Oh... and had the time and was motherboard South bridges from VIA or ALI when I had sealant to glue the heatsinks to them......

n
nikita2112 30.05.20

That's the same people, suck from a finger problem and run to the forum shouting help!!!111.

G
Goroooo001 30.05.20

nikita2112
hot chipset in a simple not a problem?

S
Sanchez Ramirez 30.05.20

Goroooo001
Uzniki where a lot hot, and you also in case there are no fans. In principle, a good PSU with active PFC and 80+ will give a more productive energy consumption.

By the way, you're the only person who was puzzled by the power consumption. And then the others I see don't care about the electricity bill. Disperse percent to 6 GHz, three cards in SLI blocks per kilowatt, etc.

S
SS44 30.05.20

Damn , 200-210 watt from GUZZLES a computer??? Some only vidyuhi if eaten two times more)))
Although I've been looking people don't really save money on electricity. That my father sometimes grumbles to save have to say , and have a PC you eats lektrichestvo (and I have something like this from the default). And he is often asleep when burning chandelier 6 bulbs and still screaming under the TV!!!
PS And generally , I don't know about you , but we have expenses for electricity of 500-600 rubles , but the heating 2500!!!

G
Goroooo001 30.05.20

SS44
100-150 for the light
heating varies with applied heat.