3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kagyr ODim iz Stima 16.10.19 03:15 am

Opinion about the game (Encased)

A few words about Encased.
It is understood that the game is still not ready, it has bugs,glitches, no half skill, no story, no locations. To judge the quality of the final product before, but in General, if the pumping is good, the mechanics of crafting and vpolne suit fit, game design level, and the main disadvantage in the game for me - the dialogue system. This is what will be discussed below.

Thus, the dialogue system: Impersonal, third-person, completely destroying the atmosphere, the wagering and defying reading and pumping dialogues at all. If I need a story, a story I'll read a book. But even in the literature in most cases use the flow from 1 person, and not as immediately, the narrator. This method is not for role-playing game in real time.This is a huge disadvantage, they're so vain...

You can say : Do not allow to make choices, depending on skills and faction? What is the difference, from a person in dialogue?

To illustrate my claim, here is an example. For comparison, Take fallout 2 and Encased.
Dialogue with the leader of radicands .

The Version Of Fallout 2:

L. Hi.What are you doing in shady Sands?
GG. 1. I(sic!) from the village to the West .Just travel.I don't want to hurt you.
2. What's it to you?
3.I'm from a vault to the West.I need a chip for the purification of water.
4. I'm saving an entire village from certain death!
5. Shady Sands? Oops ,my mistake. Perhaps .I'll go...

Now option Encased:
L. Hi. What are you doing in shady Sands?\
GG. 1. tell him what you from the village to the West.
2. To say that it was not his business and leave.
3. To say .that depends on you the life of the whole settlement and ask for help...
4. .................

Well, now the question is, WHAT VERSION of ROLE-play immersive ,EMOTIONAL RESPONSE and his OWN CHOICE IDENTIFICATION WITH the PROTAGONIST MORE?

I think the answer is obvious....

What is presented in Encased - NOT dialogues. It's just the explanatory text, voice over the drone of the Narrator, a statement of dry facts, the story is about someone, a stranger, an impersonal, not causing any emotion in the player, but did not complete the dialogues. Don't understand how this can not be seen immediately, only going into the game and talking to man at reception and was originally developed to miss this important point. It is ,after all, not serious! It's like watching 17 moments of spring-cut dialogue at all, leaving only the voice of the narrator aka thought Stirlitz, Stirlitz realized and the like. What kind of dialogues are, with whom it dialogues with itself or with a rich private world? As for me, is not justified, this approach is neither setting nor genre. Because it is not a game about a mental hospital, or the sleep of reason gg is a role-playing game and so there is literally everything in the dialogues is built! I admit that now everyone is used the tolerant is considered a role-playing game and diablocody and darksouls too, but roleplay is about something else! This is a select class (select branches of combat skills), it is a choice behaviors (decisions, responses, dialogs, etc), it is the fact that the dialogues in encased that there in fact exist, there is instead only the ultimate stream of consciousness of someone, but not the hero of the game, and the options for different playthroughs quests (as in Deusex first, for example), plus the impact of actions on the overall plot, world, characters, and that only through dialogues and there. And, in the end, I wonder WHAT AND HOW my character says, what the terms, words, phrases, techniques, uses, and uninteresting constatari of fact in the form of common phrases and result of worked-didn't work! Over in fallout and Arcanum dialogues were fun to read, especially at different levels of intelligence. But here? Some common phrases, depersonalization, loss of focus and the thread of dialogue and dialogues full of these useless. This, in my opinion, banal savings on the writer. And I sincerely hope that this is the template for the early beta and then dialogue will be full, and not a scenario with plugs as it is now.

Why not do a classical pattern, I came to see someone?Why is this detached tone of the commentator of football matches, outside observer?

You can say that the dialogue here based on the skill of the faction, and this is more than enough
And I say - so that's the problem, not the obvious choice for this, because the dialogues themselves are in fact in the game no! In Encased this implementation dialogues from the third party are no better than the equally idiotic implementation folaut 4 Yes,no, sarcasm. No immersion, no understanding of what I will say gg, no role, no control of the character in the direction of the conversation. Type something there gg said, convinced - not convinced, but what and how you, the player, need to know, because you're stupid like a cork and therefore don't worry, we've thought of everything for you. In General, I kategoricheski not understand why can not copy stupidly gorgeous, the dialogue system of the first follow, of Arcanum, vampires, why simplify and change, when it makes more sense to take what is smartly done, successfully operating for over twenty years and is well proven? Why experiments and uproduce, why!?? I have no answer...

Why not just make options girl, can you help? and I'm sorry ,babe, but I don't have time?

To implement the dialogue, of course, be anything. But only Role-playing game, only the genre of crpg, give the most likely possibilities, but that does not mean that it is enough Yes, no, or sarcasm. Especially the dialogues! Them and only them, the game should show who is the player. Miner MAG or senior citizen old age senile. And in fact we see that the dialogues in almost all games after the release of follow, Arcanum, Morrowind ( approximately since 2004) is quite poor and primitive. Exceptions are rare. And on the part of developers to ignore almost the main element of role-playing games — well, such resheniya... unfortunately, game developers in General and developers are Encased for many years since the first fallout and have not learned immersion in role-play dialogues to encourage.

All this is not Fire! Description of issue, description response description response is NOT dialogue, it's the voice of the narrator, note fields, the reference to poonanie in the text. Encased not Arkanum in General, and I insist that these pseudobiology it is a failure of the game (at least for me personally) and it's very very vain...
29 Comments
Sort by:
a
aist16 16.10.19

Quests Magellan (in the prologue), passed by me:
Newbie Magellan
All new
Training day
The all-seeing beam
Against all protocols
Biggie
Clicked - and it's all gone
Lab rat
It's complicated
Personal issues
Dirty money
Family heirloom
Want to get rich - ask me how
Brake Minerva
Available sex (from orange) in the vents on the second floor! :-)
Add!

a
aist16 27.09.20

Downloaded the repack "Updated to 0.16.1310.1837"
Again, passed only prologue, and again wander, do not know where and why, on the Wasteland!?
"What kind of jokes is that?"

s
sergionini 27.09.20

aist16
So read the description of DLS in the repoka)))

a
aist16 27.09.20

sergionini
I don't have a specific writing of the DLS, and I say, "You'll find yourself in a huge,
open to the world, which consists of more than a hundred sectors.
Every sector you need to study carefully to unravel the mysteries
and give answers to all the questions you're interested in."
I have no questions, tasks too - just to wander and fight with rats - mutants!?
And until then? Until you get bored? :-)

a
aist16 27.09.20

It was the second time the game was played and all the DLS, which is not in sight. :-(
Instead of the promised hundred locations, there were only 14.
Of these, one is not loaded, if you want to visit it,
in another incomprehensible problem with the driver here,
hangs after the start of the fight, in the third cockroach - invisible,
no sight is imposed on him, it is not clear how to deal with it,
What to beat him!? In general, junk - semi-finished, again inflated ...
Played a female character, and when she eats and drinks, slurps and burps man. :-)

V
Voin Morgota 27.09.20

aist16 wrote:
Played a female character, and when she eats and drinks, slurps and burps man. :-)
Transgender-)

p
pavlik0100 27.09.20

And that there are no random meetings?

V
Vyxyxol 27.09.20

aist16
Do you even know what early access is?

a
aist16 27.09.20

You've been
I have no idea what it is.
In the annotation to the game about it is not, and how long it can last?
In some games, I see that they remain in "early access."

a
aist16 27.09.20

pavlik0100
And what about - with "orange" in the ventilation, on the second floor!

V
Vyxyxol 27.09.20

aist16 wrote:
I have no idea what it is.
Roughly speaking - this is when the developers release into the dorm early assembly of the game, it is incomplete, sometimes even low-game, devoid of many functions, in other words is in its infancy, but is suitable for familiarization with the game. As long as the game is in the RD developers receive any revenue from sales, and finish the game before the release version (full, playable, with all the content, something can change or add). That is, Encaised is now in the RD, to pass it completely will not work, because some quests there are still simply no, well, bugs, where without them. In one of the earliest versions, for example, there was only an introduction, and not in the Commonwealth, and on Magellan, 3d stage descent under the dome in the capsule, too, there was such a hand-drawn text insert-dialogue with the characters, I do not remember exactly whether it was possible to reach Nashville, it seems not, and this part was added later, but the game actually ended after it. It was possible to wander through the wasteland, going to the loki, in which there was nothing at all, except the landscape and buildings, no NPC, no quests. In general, it's like that. At the moment there is another patch, if I'm not mistaken, and then the release.
aist16 wrote:
with "orange" in the ventilation, on the second floor!
With Nastasia Davenport, she's "blue" rather than "orange." I have a sekas with her for some reason did not happen, although in the earlier versions I remember that such an opportunity was. Maybe I should have said something special in the dialogue, or there was some kind of skill test that my Persian-man didn't pass in the current version.
aist16 wrote:
Well, it is also either the cost of RD (lack of voice acting for the Y, temporary replacement for the available for M), or you chose the gender "other", the body is feminine, and the voice is male. Xd

A
Alex the one 08.09.21

You say, the game is not worse than Atom RPG?

B
Blond1n 14.09.21

burn in hell to the developer who separated Esc from the closure of the PDA. The PDA can only be closed with a mouse. I only play for three hours. Enrages so far only in this, otherwise I like it!

p
polyhedral 14.09.21

Alex the One is
better.

K
Koluchiy83 14.09.21

Alex the One
Worse as for me, in Atom the game itself is more charismatic, the dialogues and characters are interesting, here it is somehow boring and the history of the characters is not interesting to learn, the combat is like in Atom (cheap version of XCOM and Vastelend - without shelter) But this is just my subjective opinion , download a pirate try.

M
Mardrok 14.09.21

Blond1n
can be closed with the same button that opened it (m => m), but with an escape it is in vain of course ...

a
alex_jay 14.09.21

As soon as the trainer from fling comes out with the ability to turn off hunger, thirst, and fatigue, I will only play with him. Three totally pointless bullshit that makes you want to delete the game, all the time. Doesn't add complexity at all, just buy more food and water all the time, and if you pass out, then press Y ... to go nuts like "interesting". It even became clear why it costs 400 rubles ... Also looted locations, there is a lot of money all the time, as if it's enough to buy the best gear for the character ... but where are the merchants with this best gear !? Yes, figs knows ... everything that comes across sells some kind of garbage, most often grub -_-

S
Sapskerly 14.09.21

alex_jay
Take and pump Survival90 + and there is a passive perk "Hermit" and do not cry, turns off hunger at all ....

a
alex_jay 14.09.21

Doctor_X_x_
Now let's add pseudo-hardcore garbage to the games, so that later weaken the character when pumping, so that this garbage can be turned off. After all, contrary to all logic, someone likes this. Apparently, they feel smart ... although this is the most single-celled mechanic, in any game where it is. What is the difficulty / hardcore here !? The expectation that the player's iq is below two digits, and he will forget that his character needs to eat and drink !? Hardcore then what ... facepalm. The last time this was interesting at the age of 8, when there was a fashion for Tamagotchi, and then for another week.

S
Sweety_Mustard 14.09.21

alex_jay
all the rules - in a good game there should be endless moments, because of which you want to remove it nafig. A huge amount of garbage in the loot, misses - or if there is a need to haul, besides, it can still be made more hardcore on release.