3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kagyr ODim iz Stima 16.10.19 03:15 am

Opinion about the game (Encased)

A few words about Encased.
It is understood that the game is still not ready, it has bugs,glitches, no half skill, no story, no locations. To judge the quality of the final product before, but in General, if the pumping is good, the mechanics of crafting and vpolne suit fit, game design level, and the main disadvantage in the game for me - the dialogue system. This is what will be discussed below.

Thus, the dialogue system: Impersonal, third-person, completely destroying the atmosphere, the wagering and defying reading and pumping dialogues at all. If I need a story, a story I'll read a book. But even in the literature in most cases use the flow from 1 person, and not as immediately, the narrator. This method is not for role-playing game in real time.This is a huge disadvantage, they're so vain...

You can say : Do not allow to make choices, depending on skills and faction? What is the difference, from a person in dialogue?

To illustrate my claim, here is an example. For comparison, Take fallout 2 and Encased.
Dialogue with the leader of radicands .

The Version Of Fallout 2:

L. Hi.What are you doing in shady Sands?
GG. 1. I(sic!) from the village to the West .Just travel.I don't want to hurt you.
2. What's it to you?
3.I'm from a vault to the West.I need a chip for the purification of water.
4. I'm saving an entire village from certain death!
5. Shady Sands? Oops ,my mistake. Perhaps .I'll go...

Now option Encased:
L. Hi. What are you doing in shady Sands?\
GG. 1. tell him what you from the village to the West.
2. To say that it was not his business and leave.
3. To say .that depends on you the life of the whole settlement and ask for help...
4. .................

Well, now the question is, WHAT VERSION of ROLE-play immersive ,EMOTIONAL RESPONSE and his OWN CHOICE IDENTIFICATION WITH the PROTAGONIST MORE?

I think the answer is obvious....

What is presented in Encased - NOT dialogues. It's just the explanatory text, voice over the drone of the Narrator, a statement of dry facts, the story is about someone, a stranger, an impersonal, not causing any emotion in the player, but did not complete the dialogues. Don't understand how this can not be seen immediately, only going into the game and talking to man at reception and was originally developed to miss this important point. It is ,after all, not serious! It's like watching 17 moments of spring-cut dialogue at all, leaving only the voice of the narrator aka thought Stirlitz, Stirlitz realized and the like. What kind of dialogues are, with whom it dialogues with itself or with a rich private world? As for me, is not justified, this approach is neither setting nor genre. Because it is not a game about a mental hospital, or the sleep of reason gg is a role-playing game and so there is literally everything in the dialogues is built! I admit that now everyone is used the tolerant is considered a role-playing game and diablocody and darksouls too, but roleplay is about something else! This is a select class (select branches of combat skills), it is a choice behaviors (decisions, responses, dialogs, etc), it is the fact that the dialogues in encased that there in fact exist, there is instead only the ultimate stream of consciousness of someone, but not the hero of the game, and the options for different playthroughs quests (as in Deusex first, for example), plus the impact of actions on the overall plot, world, characters, and that only through dialogues and there. And, in the end, I wonder WHAT AND HOW my character says, what the terms, words, phrases, techniques, uses, and uninteresting constatari of fact in the form of common phrases and result of worked-didn't work! Over in fallout and Arcanum dialogues were fun to read, especially at different levels of intelligence. But here? Some common phrases, depersonalization, loss of focus and the thread of dialogue and dialogues full of these useless. This, in my opinion, banal savings on the writer. And I sincerely hope that this is the template for the early beta and then dialogue will be full, and not a scenario with plugs as it is now.

Why not do a classical pattern, I came to see someone?Why is this detached tone of the commentator of football matches, outside observer?

You can say that the dialogue here based on the skill of the faction, and this is more than enough
And I say - so that's the problem, not the obvious choice for this, because the dialogues themselves are in fact in the game no! In Encased this implementation dialogues from the third party are no better than the equally idiotic implementation folaut 4 Yes,no, sarcasm. No immersion, no understanding of what I will say gg, no role, no control of the character in the direction of the conversation. Type something there gg said, convinced - not convinced, but what and how you, the player, need to know, because you're stupid like a cork and therefore don't worry, we've thought of everything for you. In General, I kategoricheski not understand why can not copy stupidly gorgeous, the dialogue system of the first follow, of Arcanum, vampires, why simplify and change, when it makes more sense to take what is smartly done, successfully operating for over twenty years and is well proven? Why experiments and uproduce, why!?? I have no answer...

Why not just make options girl, can you help? and I'm sorry ,babe, but I don't have time?

To implement the dialogue, of course, be anything. But only Role-playing game, only the genre of crpg, give the most likely possibilities, but that does not mean that it is enough Yes, no, or sarcasm. Especially the dialogues! Them and only them, the game should show who is the player. Miner MAG or senior citizen old age senile. And in fact we see that the dialogues in almost all games after the release of follow, Arcanum, Morrowind ( approximately since 2004) is quite poor and primitive. Exceptions are rare. And on the part of developers to ignore almost the main element of role-playing games — well, such resheniya... unfortunately, game developers in General and developers are Encased for many years since the first fallout and have not learned immersion in role-play dialogues to encourage.

All this is not Fire! Description of issue, description response description response is NOT dialogue, it's the voice of the narrator, note fields, the reference to poonanie in the text. Encased not Arkanum in General, and I insist that these pseudobiology it is a failure of the game (at least for me personally) and it's very very vain...
29 Comments
Sort by:
U
Urgash 14.09.21

Sapskerly
Clarification - only when traveling without companions.

x
xSaimanx 18.09.21

To be honest, it is annoying that, in addition to the dialogues, the actions of those with whom you speak are also voiced. Like "Vasya scratched his head and said (remark)" or "Petya looked at you with a dull look and answered (remark)" Why? :)
Or like this:
(Male voice) Before you stood a woman of about thirty in a blue coat and a black hat, turning to you, she peered at you for a long time, as if assessing, finally making up her mind - she said ...
(Female voice) Oh, Hello. "
Well, it's a waste of time. :) Leave the" voice-over "text, and voice" Oh, Hello ". As it was in the same Pillars. Moreover, in most cases, this text does not carry any meaning.

m
main1991 18.09.21

I am deeply purple about the plot, music, bugs and so on. I am not a picky person, they will correct it over time - well, no - God will judge them. But what annoys me is the speed of pushing the storyline to the "end of the game", squandering the variability of the passage of the game as a whole.

The first point - the element of reputation is not fully involved, you cannot refuse some tasks (Church of the Vortex ... So that they all die in their virtual fantasies) using the positive reputation of the faction, how to say play out according to your "conscience" and not imposed.

The next moment is connected with pacifism .... In the camp of the family that went to the "Picnic" there was a hyena, big and with a name ... My logic says that it should have been a "wild" partner who could be "tamed" and he chased away other hyenas in order to keep the number of fights to a minimum. It's the same with a rat in a cage. There is no point in talking about Meatball, a talking necroid, which in fact needs to be studied and a way to return at least a semblance of "reason" to other necroids in order to again find a way of salvation for these creatures.

And finally, the idea of ​​seizing power in the dome could be expanded. Kitaeza, Chiguevara, Crazy saints, A moved family of scientists ... None of them deserves the right to be the heads of their organizations, in pursuit of protecting their seats, they ignore pressing problems, and when they completely locked themselves in like rats, when everything calmed down began to drag laurels for themselves .. As in life ... Lord, I didn't even find a way to hand over the drug cortel at the Maggelan base, because there is not a single line in the dialogue. And how I wanted to put that "floor washer" in jail, who rubbed me that his sidekick died, bring the ring ...

I’m talking about what I’m talking about, there is potential, just not fully realized ... But this is nonsense ... The biggest jamb, again, when you play as a pacifist .. The stamina damage is not scaled. The Hlyshche arena requires blood, even though I knocked everyone out there.

z
zhekazloy 18.09.21

The game begins for health and ends for peace. What was presented and available in earlier versions somehow caught on, and with the release of additional content they did on their knees for show. The game just starts to BE RUNNING with random events. Partners ... Broken pumping ... The plot of the faction is not really who deserves respect there (even a picnic), I generally got a "very bad" ending (although I did not do anything in principle immoral). Then the game with sediment was deleted))

K
Konrad Marburg 26.09.21

Spent 66 hours in the game in the first act ... I got fucked in the ass without lubrication. Developed creatures are finished! After the first chapter, which was in early access, the game is simply stupid!

p
polyhedral 26.09.21

Konrad Marburg
How is it?
I just wanted to ask, has the game become much larger in relation to early access?

N
Nighthawkreal 26.09.21

polyhedral
More is a relative concept.

p
polyhedral 26.09.21

NightHawkreal
well, in terms of the plot, locations, additional quests .....

N
Nighthawkreal 08.12.21

polyhedral The
locations are large there. )