3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20 09:45 pm

Question about the mechanics of working AI in the game. (Stellaris)

Good day! I decided then, in connection with the imminent release of large DLS, starting to learn with the universe Stellaris. And two questions arose.

1. Heard a lot of complaints on the forums that the AI is stupid like a cork, and exports at the expense of freestuff and freestuff Tekhov ships. And to break away from him in the development of the unreal, his development is somehow tied to the level of the player. And if he had at least 3 undeveloped system with a single planet, it will have the same tech level as you have with 3 sectors. Is it true?

2. Interested in this mod
http://www.playground.ru/files/stellaris_new_ship_classes_more_for_asimov_v1_2_1_rus-130862/
Stellaris New Ship Classes & More (For ASIMOV v1.2.1) [RUS]
will stand whether it is current and relevant version 1.4.1, does it have diagrams of the ships in addition to mammal pattern.? Normlno whether the AI will be able to use these resources and technologies? Full whether it works?
18 Comments
Sort by:
M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
Don't know how right now in 1.4.1 but in 1.2.1 it was not tied to the level of the player,I was technically ahead of other races. the trick was that if you have 1 planet,the penalty to science has been minimal(or not) and if you successfully generate the galaxy ie is close to many systems giving a good research bonuses-as a result, the science developed very fast. but this is with bots so it is possible(and not always allowed to download only the science). And while you're without a Navy depict scientific genius,the other player will bring 30 pieces of corvettes and farewell to a genius :D can certainly 1.4.1 change science and tied,but I highly doubt it. haven't played Stellaris.

P/s and mod likely will not work,it can launch and the ships will be,but the weapons will be available for a limited. because the slots in 1.2.1 as far as I remember haven't been separate under the form of weapons torpedoes,antiaircraft guns, etc.

N
Nikita101010 04.06.20

On account of the binding of the AI to the level of the player. It's true. At first I thought I cancer(cancer that plays on max difficulty having half the galaxy under their control), but when I used cheats all became clear. When I played without the cheats PC developed in tact with me, but when I entered the command on all studies, then the AI in the shortest possible time had battleships with CIN. Arta. Most likely AI is 80%(90%) bonus to research rate for technology, who examined the player. Although such a brutal buff computer when he has one system and he is on par with you technology, not seen in the game.

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

Nikita101010
well, on insane difficulty, the AI should be a bonus +100% to any products, technologies, fleets, and more.
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Settings

But about a bonus to research technologies known to the player, there are some infa? Just If to the Central issue of gameplay came so clumsy, it comes out very sad(
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-can-ai-out-research-me-so-much.932281/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/357286119110459512/

really the question is not disclosed,but the evidence of the binding I have not found, are you sure that the cheat did not disclose technology but you still AI players? And you used this cheat in the middle of the party on the insane difficulty or the beginning of the game on normal?

Damn I do not want to run away from the dog, which leash attached to your ankle

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

Yet, by the way noticed that the signs of the race, has absolutely no effect on the numbers bonuses. For example, signs giving a boost to technologies that with them that without them the same numbers. Although I suspect that they act as local modifiers on the extraction and applied separately to each cell, not the planet, and in the beginning of the game, the difference is not visible because there is no one centre of production technologies.

N
Nikita101010 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
Yes, the signs work only on local modifiers to resource extraction. And at the expense of the cheats that work on the PC. This is possible because a cheat for instant and free works on you, and on the PC. Using the same cheats and you can play for the AI, but I failed. But I still think that the binding to the level of the player is(relatively new releases), just when I played the old version(played for the Empire of cats :D) I was lucky and I came in the ass of the galaxy, and the rest of the Empire was on the other side of the galaxy. Develop no one bothered me. In the end they are only after 20 years have reached my level of development. If to take in hand the facts we can say that the reference to the player's level is. Alas, developers are much easier to do the cheat buffs a computer than to make the AI more intelligent.

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

began to test, I don't know, normal difficulty, spawn a good 15 years,1 planet, a lot of mines Incas technologies +35, neighbors +5(comfortable team debortoli), came off very quickly, the statistics says the science they have worse, but I was turned off early in the game bonus to the development of empires, ie they are not poluchila 3 planets and 1.5 K resources in the beginning. And dinamica separation was observed, at first wrote that science is weaker then worse. There is the last option that the AI-cheat-modifier is imposed directly on the researchers and they even with poor incama manage something to investigate, but then why this is not anywhere, why any of the forums or on the office website nor on the wiki. Only subjective feeling of players

Very naidus that is not binding, because of all games, master of Orion, ГЦ3, this is the first game that is enjoyed not only the gameplay but design the ships and fleets for the first time possible to look without disgust.

But the pirates or ancient drones Steadily began to put the fleet. First 500, against my 200, then 1.5 K against my 500 and it was already cruisers. Here I can clearly see how the fleets are formed.

M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
so I was before,hardly made change-linking science AI to the science of the player it is utter nonsense and a complete failure for the strategy..
will install again Stellaris poyuzat as there is now:)

I
IDarkaxeI 04.06.20

Had not noticed before. Played consistently on the complex under normal aggressiveness. In the last game when Kennedy had watched me at 70 planets and 2200 units of science in each direction plus bonuses gradually overtake the Empire of the 7 planets, which after the capture is for 3 people. Put a compensator looks like. But the strategy is not much affected, the main thing that the great Rand primary planet in the side of a faded chauvinists are not tossed

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

I will erase your top of the message due to solve, no AI boost is tied to the technologies or their level of the player in the game

God, I can't believe I actually killed an hour on these seeking truth...

In parallel, increased the representativeness of the sample to a 100-year interval and 6 AI races. No hidden boost research in AI when comparing two identical parties on the same spawned. The difference between the conservation just shamelessly cheats propanol the race of the player in the 1st case and untouched in the second. The teams have developed identical rates in both cases. A number of technologies 25 to 74, in the 1st, and 24 to 26 in the second. For the same period of time.

M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

IDarkaxeI
the penalties on science have been working,the more planets and population of the longer to study the technology.

M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
the party started at 1.4.1 opened battleships,and fighters last until all my pump guns carriers tear and all. the level is going,someone is weaker,and someone on the science is worse from me. 70прошло years,and I have and synthetics are open. a clean version without a single mod. long played with 1планетой, then had to take another because of the small size of the fleet. my position is not really the word.. though I don't play on hard difficulty. on a sophisticated level do not allow to sit with a small fleet and even harder to play with a small number of planets.

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

ManticoreX
Also, now while one planet is played, because the penalties are terrible. But I heard that the icing in the sector, these penalties are reduced. However, when such tactics have the effect of sucking where possible, to the detriment of the rest. 50 years of living with the bonus of -5, balancing on pokazatele 120

I wonder if the mod removes this penalty..

M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
I myself mod made for version 1.2. the penalty is not removed,and changed in the buildings of the bonuses from the science a little later and will post.
so fun to play at least to me:) science develops faster though bots get these bonuses,but the point is that under the old fines a more powerful influx in science with 1планетой,gives a good boost in science.

P. s although my opinion is nonsense 1 planet in the real world (in my opinion) scientific breakthroughs would less than say ten(on each planet their research projects,but the overall advantage for the Empire as a whole would be huge) the game sold you on the contrary with a single planet, a genius,and many a barbarian which is not developed.

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

ManticoreX
Yes, I already knew how. There should be notpade++ defayn.Lua edit to change the penalty for the colony and settlement. That's just without penalty, judging from the comments of the English players of the forum, the computer starts wildly
nasasyvayut for team so I just a little bit smaller.

M
ManticoreX 04.06.20

Rehm Oytenberg
Easier science to raise I say:)

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

ManticoreX
By the way, you reformed the government is already on 1.4.1, you have not worked the bug in the description of the ships?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-60-psionics-and-the-shroud.998827/
by the way, released a new obnalichka news, mm-m-m delicious) I Think utopia will come about with mass effect in March. Called, goodbye school, goodbye job, goodbye dear, I booze for two weeks

E
Elite_Dungerous 04.06.20

Need plug, codes, cheat mod, which will give the AI a brain, as a heavenly knight. To printed packs ships and conquered the system on time, with everyone.

R
Rehm Oytenberg 04.06.20

The high complexity and so they have C times more income. And empires from the start bustout another, and a few planets C fleet and the fine science behind the population.