3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Inkvizitor nubov 20.10.19 10:29 am

Impressions of the game (Outlast 2)

Well, here comes another masterpiece from Red Barrels. Someone from the streamers already playing, but in General full release will take place at 3am. The topic has created a bit beforehand described who che was thinking about the game. Personally, I have already looking forward to the same radiance that was in the first part. Bricks, blood, and meat waiting for us)
66 Comments
Sort by:
S
SolarGinger 20.10.19

Never seen such a crappy horror. Even indie DIY I was more scared.

R
RTYWD 20.10.19

Yes, sometimes scary,sometimes interesting,but only in some places,all this running through the corridors of the school just gets that much want to turn off the game after 10 minutes of gameplay.More sixes I this game unfortunately can not deliver,now that I'm relieved it went through,I can also relieved to remove it.Prohodna at once.

b
boss__2003 20.10.19

The first paragraph. For me wild IMHO, but it's true. Play scary only if you read the passage in advance))))))
First played as always (I do about a text passage forgotten since the days of the Resident ivel 1 and silent hill 2). But damn when you are teaching the location in the dark and you kill 20 times. Getting bored! Really boring! But if you read ahead a piece, you pass it in one breath and have contact. Screamers still work)
In the second. Where the fuck is shotgun? Well, given at least a shotgun hunter!!! Well, I understand, that dude holds the camera for night mode. But still it would be possible to enter the interview and a couple of scenes purely for the sake of what would make him a man! For kicks.... Imagine what would l would be a thrill to shoot this March in the end.... Of course all spectacular... But if given a shotgun - it would be possible to get high!
Game posuti mechanics offers: run on a pre thought out route and time left click. All!!!! If you know the map, can not hide, just run through the map! Except for a couple scripted scenes when you have to wait....
This game is primitive. But the abundance of well made scripted scenes happy! It's almost an interactive movie) All that is not for the gameplay done well! The plot of psychedelia, but psychedelia good....

The most bad that is in this game: batteries!!! If not the batteries could still observe the world. And so, if the batteries have run out, that's all, black screen. The game chases you chases, it would be possible to remove the batteries completely. Or write for the whole game 2 thing scripted, it would be much more natural and better!

M
Manul177 20.10.19

boss__2003
Friendly, and you outlast the first took place at all ? Judging by what is written, probably not. Shotgun ? Play the first outlast, and then think about the fact. what I've written. You bought it or downloaded, does not matter. One thing is clear. About the concept of Outlast no idea. To explore the world ? Batteries ? Only interfere with it ?

b
boss__2003 20.10.19

Manul177
First Outlas passed. The eye catches are much more scripted chases in the second part. In the first part had more opportunities for exploring and less runners download of enemies! Second, in the first part of the very few completely dark locations. Even if the batteries have run out - usually to do something. In the second part, if the batteries have run out - a finish...Need to restart. Read reviews, many have met with this problem, with 0-visibility to do something impossible! Especially in the mines or the classroom. Here the batteries are implemented so poorly.
To be honest the first game was a completely new product from a modest Studio. I think they just did not have enough money to make a normal combat system. Judging by the quality of execution of the second part - there are obviously plenty of money. It was necessary to develop gameplay! Surely the second part must be the same in the new scenery? Could confuse. In General, this genre is a great representative of Alien Isolation, where implemented and horor and fights! Or take Resident Evil 7 - there's a great balance and boevki fear...
Outlast 2 is a good game, but where's my shotgun?
The player has no chance to be accumulated for the game anger on the basic enemies and it's annoying... to Make single-handed massacre of Martha or Music - it would be a very different immersive experience... And so weak, the final tears from empathy!

S
Spartacus1971 20.10.19

I liked the game,better than 1 part.

M
Manul177 20.10.19

boss__2003
Himself faced with. I stupidly ran out of batteries and had to load a checkpoint. But the problem of this game it seems to me all the same not that. Immersion not interfere with the batteries. Here, by the way, there is an episode where there in the dark and the camera cannot be activated. The problem with this game constant running around. No time to take in the sights as it should be run. The only time where you can safely go, it is the transition between locations. A shotgun would have this game saved and I don't expect. She would then become a failure because it was not necessary to run, and could be this evil mow packs. In fact, if you think so, then how would the passage if you remove all this running ? An hour and a half ? In the first part of walk on mount massive, and experience firsthand what is happening there. It go. Not, in the first part I also run decently. but not 20 enemies at once and not at intervals of a minute between races. And scripts there was an order of magnitude less, and respite was given. If you need to run, then you run. Disappeared from sight of the enemy ? Hide! And it worked. And here ? The script is supposed to hide you're running ? Die. And so many times. until you understand what to do. In the first part of the reading notes the atmosphere, she told the story and made sense. Here at first I laughed at the notes, then spit, and then they stopped reading.

S
Sidorovich12 20.10.19

Of course the game is terrible, but the plot is completely devoid of logic.
The end also fuck you, I do not understand. OK Baba there he saves his it's understandable.
And what's with the girl from the visions? Well he saw her and that.

M
Manul177 20.10.19

Sidorovich12
Everything is clear like as. Of a child or stitched inside his wife, or child it is the same one whose name you cannot pronounce ))) In the first case, it is unclear how he survived the night, and the second explains how the child is ripe for the night. Notes says that the world is reborn, but is it ? If he was born and though the child of Satan then was fulfilled the prophecy referred to and the end had come. And then a whole new world. Flash at the end and the girl ? But there are several options. The locust and lightning as reason to believe that someone conducted a social experiment on people. Yes! in the same village which is not on the map. Lightning from power plants, locusts ? XS... bloody rain is the refraction of light from the red light source, in this case the moon. And if you carefully look at the records in the school in disturbances visible logo digging Merkof. And this is the same company that staged an Orgy in mount massive from the first part. People over which experiments were conducted went to the roof, and half of them something has infected in addition. but then something went wrong and the experiment decided to abort and results wiped off the face of the earth. (Flash at the end of a possible explosion) the Second version of this flash the end of the world. Another point, our character is also thoroughly crazy he and wife Jessica calls. I invented a reality and spent the night. Actually it was not so, well not exactly as he was told. Still, if you look carefully at the ending you can see that when our character is holding a baby, the shadow he casts with empty hands, or rather in the hands of nothing. Wife by the way also says that there is nothing there. Which again hints at the insanity of the protagonist. The girl from the visions ? Well, our character either died and was reunited with her, or completely out of your mind. Later videos will know I'm there quite clearly all laid out. In General, everyone is waiting for DLC

S
Sidorovich12 20.10.19

Manul177
Tut most suitable option about the experiments that went wrong and he kallunki, and the population of that town has suffered from these experiments and their side effects.
And frankly the run around from freaks and crazies from which escape is sometimes impossible due to the scripted scenes sometimes begins to strain and bored. Often come across very many places where it is impossible to understand what to do and where to go. It also begins to strain and start stupid observati everything in search of a way or solution.

K
KazymirZyba 20.10.19

The game was released not so scary as the first part and add to it (especially addition), but the voltage remains abound. The sequel is much more cinematic and spectacular. For some scenes, the developers want to shake hands. The game's plot filled with bag of all possible, but no history of mysticism the school nor the madness of a crazy sect with a crazy leader is not fully revealed, and leave more questions than answers. Innuendo, tableet in the mind of the suspicion that the developers cut from the game, a lot of things worthy of attention. Supply the lion's share of history, presented a reading in post-it notes, scattered locations (izvinite, but if I want to read it, you will take up For or king). Throughout the gameplay, we are too often forced to do the same - to hide and to run. At the end of the game, frankly, it gets old and rather bore than scare.After completing the sequel to my favorite segment of the entire series, continues to be the story of Andy Gluskin.
My rating 7/10 (score lower predecessor and amendments thereto) . Sometimes very good, sometimes failing.
Spoilerz Monster at school, could be worse. For the head Levit, developers want to RUB his nose in the second half last Resident and say learn to learn from others ' mistakes! Head - Book of Judges, impressed me in the game the most. Until this Chapter is reached, it's real bloody madness.

M
Metallist_SH 20.10.19

Simulator Usain Bolt part 2.

C
Collapso 20.10.19

Start with the fact that the first outlast, along with its complement, was an outright masterpiece, and discovery in the world of indie horror, when it came out, no one even could not imagine that it is possible to be afraid of in the game. The same Chris, a doctor with a saw, or hers, constantly hovering over you was an outright feeling that you just want to tear to shreds. She was in truth an evil and oppressive one atmosphere. Returning to the subject of the second part, personally I was expecting a completely different, and ended up with constant car chases and minute respite, not a single memorable and truly terrifying enemy. Not to say that the game sucks, but not a masterpiece which they could do with putting a bit more fancy. The plot just didn't like from beginning to end, nothing is clear and a lot of misgivings. The game is regarded not as a continuation of the masterpiece, but rather just run from psychopaths. In General, the best games of the horror genre and the whole gaming industry, yet (and I think that for a long time), I think the first outlast and 7 resident (given the fact that the series resident generally hated).
P. S: Those who are asking for weapons or anything gunshot, ubeytes the wall, did you see the first part at least in the eyes?

D
Dron_Ur 20.10.19

Played a little today, stopped at the point where you have to move telesco, but stopping a woman with a cross.
The first part was clearly better in terms of location and atmosphere of the insane asylum, sea of blood, crazy... Here we have endless houses, houses, houses... a Little boring, though enemies and it was more often really want to take a shotgun and start shooting fanatics. In part 1 of this desire does not arise. Shelter seems to have become more, in addition to cabinets and beds can dive under water and climb in the barrel, but to use them you have very rare, usually stupidly run to the shift and looking for somewhere to squeeze in. But the location became more open and find the desired passage is often very difficult, especially the game became much darker and even with NVD is very hard to see.
Total of the cons: uninteresting monotonous locations, too dark even with the camera, enough batteries/quick discharge chamber.
Of course the graphics and animations are better. Let's see what will continue.

B
BelkaAlex 20.10.19

In technical terms, the game rules.
But it is not terrible and for me the main problem is the stupid eternal running, especially mid-game.. always someone behind you while you're running and all the seats are going to merge.. this game is not up to the end was even..

D
Dron_Ur 20.10.19

Today finally passed, in the end, I can say that starting in the middle of getting interesting, the game keeps constantly in tension, it is not comfortable. You constantly someone chasing you and wants to find a quiet place and rest, but the game does not relax. It's cool. I think the developers wanted to achieve and this is what they did. Mine in the end too pleased unlike barns and forests. And understood the meaning of the parishes of HS, although the school itself is rather tired and not very much. The game has a lot of interesting details and great lighting, but it's too dim, very dark. And 99% of the game, you have to look at it through loden green filter night vision camera that of course spoils the overall impression. Waiting for DLTS can be developed will make the location of style 1 piece.

B
BioGen 20.10.19

Some contradictory feelings - like atmosphere has increased due to the constant change of locations and situations but does not cling - the story is too dull and awkward. About the prophecy, and the rest I did not understand at all, but this is reasoning in another thread.

z
zaxari 20.10.19

The only thing I liked in both parts is that the hero can do nothing to defend himself. I'm not talking about the weapons, but for example why not to hit enemies or beat something picked up from the floor (lack of garbage there)? It's just not logical that the person does not try to defend himself.

u
usarokstar 20.10.19

played a bit the game

R
Reverrius 20.10.19

The first part of Outlast was a definite success of the debut independent Studio Red Barrels. And although there was something to complain about, she perfectly conveyed the main thing – the atmosphere of the mental hospital, filled with the most down and out psychopaths. And the addition of a Whistleblower only cemented the confidence in the Montreal Studio. Therefore, Outlast 2 was for me one of the most anticipated horror games of the year. Out if Red Barrels to repeat its success?

I'd like to say that the developers really tried. The game has grown not only in graphic terms, but "went out into the fresh air," offering players a variety of locations – from the American rural heartland with cornfields, night forest areas and to Catholic schools of mines.

The second part of Outlast delves into the "religious" theme. The main character Blake and his wife, Lynn, in search of answers for his investigative journalism, find themselves in a remote and isolated from the world part of the Arizona desert, the local population which lives according to the precepts of the Sullivan Memo, a priest, who considers himself the new Ezekiel. A religious sect is trying to prevent the birth of an Enemy that needs to enter our world under the guise of an innocent baby. However, not everyone shares these covenants, the other part is local is the "heretics" who crave the birth of this child and appeal to the most wild and primitive of human origin.

It is worth saying that the plot, though predictable part of the answer to the question "What the hell is going on?!" (if you, of course, have passed the first part), but nevertheless contains a number of points that cause a well-deserved discussion and different interpretations.

Overall, Outlast 2 was good, albeit controversial, game. The locations look beautiful and impressive, but lose a mental hospital from the first part in terms of immersive atmosphere. And advertised corn fields turn a boring crawling from point a to point B. And if the first part is kind of horrory "cat and mouse" , the second part is more "Run, Forrest, run!". Of course, the bustle was missing in the first part, but here it causes much less stress and adrenaline may blame more straightforward design locations. The main antagonists, who replaced the fat man Chris Walker and Dr. Trager (not to mention the groom Gluskin from the Supplement) were successful not really. Mar and the Laird, for example, absolutely not afraid, despite the great images. But the location of the Catholic school in which the main character gets in his strange "flashbacks" - turned out to cheer, and a thick atmosphere (sometimes reminiscent of my favorite Silent Hill) and quality supply, and horror, and panic, and fear.

Well and important. Outlast 2 came out after a great Risedent Evil 7, any comparison which is not in favor of Outlast 2.

The bottom line: a good horror movie, which, unfortunately, inferior to the first part of the modern icons of the genre. However, if you're a fan of horror then skip Outlast 2, I do not recommend, it still has "something to see".

7.5/10