3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Red Lamp 15.07.20 10:39 pm

RTX 2070 EXPORTS

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!
There is a problem, try to help me, I would be grateful.
So, laptop Asus Rog Strix Scar G731G III (bought within 6 months ago)
The configuration is the following:
Nvidia Rtx 2070 8gb
Intel Core i7-2.60 GHz 9750
RAM 16gb
Is the sharp drop of FPS in games from 60 to 10.
Example - playing in some Dishonored 2, or the Witcher 3 (which is the maximum speed the idea to fly if the two pieces would start), the first 5-10 minutes is all strawberry, then a sharp drawdown of up to 10 fps for some number of seconds (maximum - up to 12 seconds), after - all the rules from 1 to 4 minutes.
This happens in all games - EVEN IN a FORTNIGHT (with the Internet everything is stable, I kid).
The charts say the GPU load at 99-100%. I ASSURE YOU it's not inalaska built-in none, I checked it a thousand times - works RTX and it is loaded on 100%.

Of course, the forum is already the last hope, before you give the laptop to the service on the diagnosis, so, as you know, ALL the options that I was able to Google, I've tried.
And that, in fact, tried:
- Power settings changed
- Checked the miner is not mining
- Firewood re-installed
- Priorities all kinds of put to work that is a discrete graphics card Nvidia
- The laptop was NOT broken up, because what the hell am I paying so much money and still have it and disperse?
In BIOS climbed, there was looking for a way to switch the video (if it still works from the built-in Intel), but the BIOS from the ASUS circumcised, there is such option does not exist.
The only thing I did - I re-installed Windows. Oh, and overclocking is not amused (but I'm sure this is unnecessary).

I measured the temperature of all components of the laptop under heavy load, and compare it with normal values for these devices, NOTHING is overheating, especially considering that it's the laptop.

Guys, help pliz feel like the graphics chip has blocked power. I can not understand. Very bad would be to reinstall Windows (important data will be erased, I have one SSD on 1TB, all information on one disk) and it would not be desirable to carry in service.

In short, hope for a miracle brains of the forum users. Thank you very much!
21 Comments
Sort by:
m
mywest 15.07.20

Okay, laid out on shelves for the mentally ill. The processor in the laptop and the graphics card depending on temperature, if temperature allows the frequency increases, if not then less. It's like the curve of the voltage in afterburner, and also the TDP limit at which the frequency in any case is discharged. And only skeletron local to me trying to prove that it should work like on the pitch constantly at maximum frequency until it reaches the limit temperature. You're probably about the laptop googled and now the genius build.
Bad just hope you never catch up.