3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lelis81 21.07.20 12:36 am

Adding RAM. (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Guys, a question: will adding 4Gb of RAM to reduce lag in this game? At the moment I have 4Gb DDR2 800MGz percent. Intel Core2 Duo overclocked to 3.7 GHz, video GTX 760 2Gb. Defoltnoy on the map is a stable 60FPS (not included verticaly, graphics settings: average - reflecting, weather - ultra, rest on high, anisotropic filtering approximately 80%), at the entrance to the city and in the city begin a drawdown of up to 40 personnel. In principle, the tolerable, the slide show starts when you connect a card Hungary (subsidence down to 20-25 shots), Holland is better, but she's already jaded me to the holes, so less goes a bunch RusMap+ProMods.

Due to the fact that there is no possibility to change the mother, percent and memory, and I think that it is better to do: buy another 4Gb of RAM or purchase a SSD drive? Knowledgeable people, please help to solve the issue.
24 Comments
Sort by:
S
Serega_SA 21.07.20

Take the RAM anyway,4GB is no longer relevant.It is desirable that only one manufacturer was RAM!!! Work of course the game will be easier,all the way from lag hardly get rid(for many reasons) in Short, memory take.From the hard drive too much so.You have a hard drive cost now?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 21.07.20

lelis81
This game has problems with performance. At the entrance to the city, and some sections of the route FPS sags. I have a gtx 1080, i7-4790k, 32 GB RAM, sags, I tried to choose and x86 (speak the game engine works better), and x64, and with DX, that's not really a difference. The same problem has migrated into the ATS. BUT the ATS is even worse there in the city and up to 25 happen in ETS 2 not. In both games fashion petty, no card did not put, ALL the DLS are.

F
Foxers 21.07.20

Of great importance is the video card. I have a RAM 4, card was 1 gig, only the low setting of norms worked. Now map 4 and the same 4 RAM settings high and some ultra.

o
oaoaoaoa 21.07.20

lelis81
Your problems solved replacing CPU, more fresh, at least 4 nuclear.

o
oaoaoaoa 21.07.20

lelis81
I have a GTX660 2GB video card, for this game its more than enough, but I used to have 3GB of RAM, and percents 2 nuclear. Thought too, the problem is the RAM. Put two cards 4GB, sum to 8. Actually, nothing has changed. Decided to change the stone. Saw the price tags of 8-10 oblique rubles, and realized that the price I am not at all satisfied, as all the extra money went to a gig for the machine. I decided to look on Craigslist and found a perfect option for 3000r. Took the hair dryer 965, 4 3,42 GHz. Played on medium settings with 30-40 FPS, and now on the ultra mirror (medium), 40-60 FPS.
In General, the game requires at least 4 core processor, with a good frequency. 4GB of RAM it is enough.

b
bid 21.07.20

RAM. Best solution: sell the bar and buy 2 identical 4Gb modules with norms. timings and maximum frequency supported by the mother and percent. Budget: to seek the same, or PTS. like on har-Kam. Connect channel: 1-3 or 2-4 slots.
And try to configure the video card by using nVidia Inspector, then settings (they three a year ago but are still working to this day), it may be useful:
2 варианта1 option. Acceptable quality is obtained in the case 2хМЅАА+4xSGSSAA.
The win somewhere around 20 fps (compared to 4хМЅАА), but objects at a maximum distance slightly ryabyat and the pillars, too little ripples give.
Total turns for nVidia 580 GTX:
1) Searching and downloading the latest nVidia Inspector. The driver is also a good idea to update.
2) Run the Inspector, find the button the wrench Driver Profile.
3) Find the profile Euro Truck Simulator 2 - driver it already is. If not, you can create a new profile and bind it to the executable.
4) set the parameters:
Antialiasing compatibility = 0x000010C5 or 0x084012C1 (malinee works a little better for 2хМЅАА) (you can still try 0x080012C1 and 0x080010C1 for 560Ti, 10C5 - the crisp texture, but doesn't always work)
Antialiasing - Behavior Flags = None
Antialiasing - Mode = Override any application setting
Antialiasing - Setting = 2x or 4x Multisampling Multisampling or 8xCSAA (the last two are not much different in quality and speed)
Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling = 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (SGSS it! Can the 2, but the meaning is lost almost completely)
Texture filtering - LOD Bias (DX) = -0.5 (-1.0, if in Setting set 4xMSAA or 8xCSAA)
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias = Allow
Texture filtering - Quality = High quality
5) do not forget the button Apply changes
6) start the game, turn off the HDR and MLAA settings, scale 100%, loaded the truck, watching. If all pockmarked and working smartly in the settings, turn the scale to any value, back in the game again options 100% return - this should work. Will be soft, but the brakes. Then you can try to enable HDR if you want.
The picture changes very much, and this is noticeable while driving, standing still or to take screenshots almost useless, it feel the need.

Option 2.
What happened in the end:
Config: Core2Duo E8400 3.00
6 gig DDR2
GeForce GTX 650 Ti boost 2-gig, firewood 331.65
Logitech G27
42-inch LCD 1360х768 as a monitor
Win XP 64 Pro
The system and the game is live on SSD

i.e., compute the filling is pretty average, except for a relatively fresh vidyuhi. Paritsa a big TV and watch jerking and ladders, of course, fun was not any Crying.
He ETS: 1.6.1.s Nesterovsky prescribed pool_size 512 of the graph. mods only anti-bloom, of the maps - mod goba r35, TSM 5.3 bz Mario.
Final config:
In the game – everything at ultra, 100%, off MLAA, DOF, vertical sync. Anisotropic filtering the game, at maximum. All other daws are.
In Nvidia Inspector:
Antialiasing compatibility 0x080010C1
Antialiasing – Setting: 4x [4x Multisampling]
Transparency Supersampling: 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling
LOD bias -1.0000
Frame Rate Limiter to 60 fps
Maximum pre-rendered frames 1
Vertical Sync Smooth AFR ON
Vertical Sync-1/2 refresh rate
The last point was important – fps is artificially clipped to 30, but in this embodiment, with the stock at the Frame Rate Limiter it's solid stable and 30 out of town, and in traffic with lots of traffic, and at night with a stream of oncoming lights, in short – in any situation. Finally sags FPS on sharp turns. Perfect smooth movement of traffic and a loved one with any camera, and the landscape relative to yourself. Yes, 30 FPS is 40-50 not without cropping (but with derrota and friezes there Yes there). It's also really worth (and when disabled, DOF, i.e. smoothed and far elements – more definition, but no dropped frames). HDR often, but flies again rejoining the game, shamanism change scale and return does not save (smoothing of flies in General and not treated). The only logs left on AutoSave, but it is, as I understand it, no clean up and does nothing. There you have it. Shoveled a lot of things in the Internet, with the world on a string did like that option. Anyone can come in handy.
From the friezes at the entrance to the city once and did not deliver, but the picture and the smoothness will improve.
I have a normal config: 4770k, 16ГбDDR3, 2GTX770SLI and fps often sits at the entrance to the city, and is the game on SSD or the screw does not matter.
Use the inspector for three years already, in my post screens from the game, although the screens change not to transfer:
Screenshots and видеоhttp://forums.playground.ru/euro_truck_simulator_2/foto_vashih_gruzovikov_v_2-917826/#comment-15541539

T
Trucker69 21.07.20

I think the problem is in your processor, but at least the bar at 4 GB. RAM would not hurt to add

v
vovangt4 21.07.20

lelis81
Memory add necessarily, just see what would the timings fit, I had four and the game lags, sometimes crashes due to low memory, added another four game as if alive, the lag disappeared, began to go smoothly. PERC is also adjusted for your Socket on avito it is possible to buy not expensive(very cheap).

l
lelis81 21.07.20

Thanks guys for the advice, I will be shaman. While inclined to purchase memory.Serega_SA
The hard disk drive of conventional magnetic at 7900 rpm. if I'm not mistaken.
bid
A good theme to sell two laths on 2GB, and buy 2 PCs. 4Gb with the best characteristics. Somehow didn't even think about it... With the inspector once all the wonder it turns out, may try at your leisure to paszamant. About stable 30 fps outlining tempting - will have to see.TPEBOP
As for the processor I agree, since the positive changes noticed during acceleration from 3 to 3.7 GHz, and judging by the forums this is not the limit - cooling and mother allow.

l
lelis81 21.07.20

vovangt4

I agree - today it is not enough. It is a pity that to find the same now difficult. The third week... looking for Avito in Belarus is not working, and looking for purely in the city, which is also the chances of success reduce significantly.

l
lelis81 21.07.20

Big-Russian-Bear
Unfortunately this is not possible. In my socket 755 will fit the top of the old 4 nuclear quad q9400, which is the price comparable with the new i3. So the percent change is with the memory and motherboard.

o
oaoaoaoa 21.07.20

lelis81
And you try to look at Ali. I've ordered their two laths on 4GB, and paid for it all 800R. However, the initial price was 1200, but the seller returned 400 rubles for delivery in two months. And oddly enough, came to my original Kingston with watermarks. It has been a year of work without problems.

A
ANDREJjGOLD 21.07.20

RAM for browsers!!!

A
ANDREJjGOLD 21.07.20

chamui to existing gigs can a flash drive connect))

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 21.07.20

ANDREJjGOLD
RAM for browsers!!!

yeah, and vidyuhi for clicking on tabs...
and the CPU do we need for good music in the VC to listen to...
so buy a USB flash drive inserted in the socket and enjoy...

A
ANDREJjGOLD 21.07.20

ZiZu Zankercu
well, there was a beech at me operativki 16 gigs and the sense that if the rest 2 cores and vidyuhi not very smoothly but the game breathes!!

l
lelis81 21.07.20

ANDREJjGOLD
I agree that one RAM the game not to get it, but IMHO 4Gb is not enough for today.

D
Dreik Fernis 21.07.20

As for me prasadini not because of RAM, I need to upgrade most of the system (percent, motherboard, RAM).

v
vovangt4 21.07.20

lelis81
You can order on Aliexpress and other Internet shops, I much on the eBay purchase.

S
Serega_SA 21.07.20

lelis81
Hard drive take also advance,it is anyone you need to be.I recommend these companies-Western Digital, Hitachi, Seagate.Buffer memory size 32 MB. Hard disk smart,he was the first in the brake system.The speed of the drives is 5200 and 7400.Good luck.