3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ruyder 22.07.20 09:55 pm

The game is not able to scare (Outlast)

Bouli
pfff,normal schedule,so no slander,and not afraid of face,and the atmosphere,the hopelessness,and the effect of neozhidannosti))so here)
55 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dimchik94 22.07.20

Bouli
let me guess. are you 12 years old?

f
febll 22.07.20

Bouli
(hell knows where to go, you can walk for hours And my head why you or arrow direction must specify? The game, called horror in the best tradition. Amnesia is not surpassed but has come the closest.

M
Magnum 500 22.07.20

Unfortunately games like Condemned is not afraid as before. Back in 2006 Condemned scarecrows in the present, and there is so little disgust at the sight of chunks of meat in dirty rooms and naked crazies, Oh and a couple of moments where the effect of surprise
But in General, horror has managed if not to take into account the stereotyped scene of action, still the psychiatric hospital is not the most original location for a horror film. Although the most relevant, the same prison or the army's another story

M
May Allister 22.07.20

I agree with the author. The game is not scary at all. Stupidly run from naked men with sticks.

y
you401 22.07.20

May Allister
Bouli
I don't understand you...are You playing in the daylight and with sound in the 10%??? Or quite simply absent reflexes? Because any normal person that the game is able to scare at the level of nerves and reflexes. Is firstly, and secondly I agree with Raider2200. Stupidly run from naked men. Well, for you stupid. And I was interested to listen to the speech of patients to seek documents and take different moments(for the records). Well, about hell knows where to go, so do not want to talk.

r
robotizir 22.07.20

On the contrary when men run is very annoying, so all in the sewers to die 3 times. Yes, sharp screams scare. The atmosphere is also annoying.

p
prodigy007 22.07.20

He played already 30 minutes. Someone compared the game with the game from the cull of Cthulhu. But in the end to become even worse such old games, one point above average is not enough, still no plot and the normal flow event can not do, and the enemies are honestly so so drawn, the design of the location could be better. Intense fear the game is as it was with Callas from Cthulhu, even in 3D mode!

t
tyurms 22.07.20

not able to scare? I have two naked perverts with a machete was really scared!

D
DimonDoom1 22.07.20

Che nonsense....Not able to scare you! Of course I'm capable of in the same breath took a lot of scary moments in the game! This is the best horor in the last few years. Most likely in the afternoon playing here and talking shit:)

f
febll 22.07.20

prodigy007
Intense fear the game is as it was with Callas from Cthulhu, even in 3D mode! Call of Cthulhu was an oppressive atmosphere and a couple of scary locations, and the rest of the game was not terrible. So this game rightfully it is possible to give a prize for the best horror of recent years.

Z
Zim95 22.07.20

so.. the Author of room, a message was demolished?
heh fucked up kid)))
No guys, this game stands firmly in the genre of horror. Those who write that the game is not dumb just chase pontocho.
I am sure that the authors of such words is not more than 14 years.. I am also in that age would have said that the game is not terrible..

r
robotizir 22.07.20

I'm 13 years old. And beard all already growing on her face. And Outlast the best horror games in which I played. And I think that this game is terrible to the brick of the planet , maybe even galaxy)))

O
Olly-alpha 22.07.20

OK. What in it terrible? Let the points.

1. Helpless YEARS? OK, and what is scary? The fact that GH - л0х and even purely logically can any piece of pipe with a drag? The only thing it scares is the terrible realization that now this chump will kill, and will have to replay from a checkpoint. Personally, I'm in games where more can impress the realization that there is something that you can eat even in spite of all your gear. And the fact that the sucker can score some psycho with a baseball bat, I'm not scared, but annoyed by their stupidity.

2. Atmosphere? The atmosphere of the dilapidated psychiatric hospital, where it is dark and running around the corridors disfigured crazies. Plus a little mystery. It was scary somewhere in the mid-90s, and now can scare except that very impressionable gamers, for which the Outlast is their first game in the genre of horror.

3. Pieces of meat and severed limbs? There is no comments.

4. Enemies? Go with sticks/scissors/some other garbage. Dressed and not very. It's not scary, rather grotesquely.

5. Screamers - a cheap trick. He makes a pure reflex to jerk, but no more. And as the game is, in principle, be afraid of nothing more, there's so much.

What's really scary is the terrible, terrible linearity only. The whole gameplay is subordinated to the clear lines drawn developed. Do so, run here, sit 5 seconds, then run ahead and hide in the closet. And there are no alternatives. It's just outdated and with stealth has nothing to do.

To be honest, it is not in my rules to come to the forum of the game which did not like, and unsubscribe. I prefer not to. People like - good. But here the depth of the frustration is that I couldn't resist. And I'm not 14 years old, if that.

R
Reverrius 22.07.20

to Olly-alpha

I have no desire to argue on every point, as everything is mostly subjective (but who said that quality made game in the setting of a psychiatric hospital can be frightening and scaring? what the hell?! the scene, though banal by the standards of horror films, but a classic of the genre).
Here claims for lack of weapons, bits of some sort. Maybe you just wanted another game, something like Naughty Bear it could be. I think Amnesia do not like you too then.

I myself am a big fan of the survival horror genre, favorite game in the Silent Hill series (up to 4th), and Fatal Frame. And I can say that Outlast is surprisingly good horror in the spirit of the great Amnesia. Not perfect, with the disadvantages (especially in terms of jobs-type cool 2 valve, push 2 buttons, etc.), but a good and atmospheric.

In terms of horror can cite offhand a few examples from the game:
1. When you hide from Dr. Trager and hear you as he snaps his scissors and goes somewhere, it is very tickles your nerves, really dumb.
2. When you go out into the yard and then under the dark ambient meet Wallrider is creepy, I remember I ran to the outhouse where the key was, closed the door and didn't want to go outside. By the way, love the ambient echo of the howling of the vote, gives you shivers.
3. At the end of the sewers when enabled night vision be waist-deep in water, around, impenetrable darkness and someone slaps... Very ominous and gloomy place.
4. When you need to find the lost camera and you can see dark corners only when lightning. The time very strong.

If you're going to say, well all these moments are absolutely not terrible, it's rubbish, I can only sympathize, because it speaks to atrofirovany immersion in the game and its atmosphere.

g
greenfox111 22.07.20

In General, there are adequate people who are able to convincingly prove that the game has the right to be called horror? Or just batterties hamsters adolescence?
I think you're a bit prejudiced against the game. Yes, the game is quite average, there is a lot taken from Amnesia, Call of Cthulhu, Cry of Fear... does that make the game worse? Yeah, maybe it looks is secondary, but still do not forget that the game is made very small team of several people, consider a knee.
No such horror, which is something new, screamers, heighten the atmosphere. Nothing new can not come up with.
Here's an example to take your favorite first DS. Than horror in DS1 better than Outlast?
Have DS first poor design of rooms, all similar, it ruins the whole atmosphere. What is there to fear? It uses the same techniques: screamers (suddenly vivalia the corpse of ventilation - straase), pieces of meat, severed limbs (naturalism want to scare? Strause); beautiful necromorph in clothes and without clothes - should cause horror and disgust? (very nesesity reception...yeah)...and Yes, the same linear gameplay is also strictly subordinated to the script, there is no freedom. To kill necromorphs with different weapons is not freedom, but so little variety in the genocide of the necromorphs.
In terms of horror ДС1 losing much Outlast, but for some reason you think ДС1 - a horror, Outlast is not. It is not clear.
Moreover, you didn't Outlast to the end and make the opinion after the game.
Gamemag117
21 see you a little?
The alpha is right about you - joke 10-year-old.
And of course, dream, dream about this)...
timati123321e
idiots like you are not even played but watched the passing this morning at 13:00 and you play at 2am with headphones with the lights off! You build a brick bridge-long three meter -_-!
How rude...
Sorry, but I have not enough bricks, even at the brick box, because the bricks were not there(

Honestly? The game is not scary. Only one thing was unexpected for me in the game - with the amputation of fingers gg, didn't think it would happen so early.

r
robotizir 22.07.20

Some seem to have no fear.

n
napolnyayu belomor travoy 22.07.20

Just some, maybe sitting day in the house alone, and the TV in the room included :D And I, naive, live alone, and for the occasion I start the game after midnight, cut down all the excess and make the sound louder.

Some seem to have no fear. this line looks scary... Like going to come for a visit and to instill this sense of fear for life :D

g
greenfox111 22.07.20

DimonDoom1
Dear, do not boil.
She's not a student, she expressed her subjective opinion. If you want to argue about her opinion, then discuss, not primitive grisaitis.

O
Olly-alpha 22.07.20

Night Reverrius
I have all the right immersion and the feeling of its atmosphere. The only problem is that I had spoiled the game in which the player has at least two or three options for how to act in a given situation, and not one devised by the developers and forced upon the player. Such moments evoke the longing, and the feeling that now I will do something wrong and kill me. There is a feeling right now I can't figure out where to run the intent of the writers, I'll kill again to beat.... What kind of dive in such a situation, what are we talking about? I see a wardrobe, I already know that after 5 meters you will get out of the mob, which in this Cabinet have to hide. The lights go out - OK, I know that now the camera turns on, walk five steps, she moves from the screamer, go on. It is very predictable.

The game is not scary, it is annoying gameplay, not to be confused with these concepts. Too dark, HE is an idiot, at every corner screamers, no weapons, but there is linearity and there is no way to think with your head as you pass one point or another. We already think the developers, you just have to guess or find out by trial and error. In essence, it is a very simple RPG with a grim entourage and screamers and solution quests type where to run, where to hide?.

And do not take criticism of the game as a personal insult. I don't call idiots those that she's scared, I'm not insulting those who think that the game is great. I have enough brains and education to not behave like juvenile uporotyh trololo. I just want to understand why you think its cool and frightening, but because of all those present only one person (well, OK, two...) could relatively clearly and adequately to answer me, I feel that the game found its audience...

I also hope that The Evil Within and hope it will not disappoint me as this one.

R
Reverrius 22.07.20

to Olly-alpha
Remind me of the horror, where are these"two or three options for how to act in a given situation? Maybe I forgot something and did not notice that in Silent Hill or Amnesia? Outlast only at the beginning of the game poking his nose in the wardrobe, where else, because this kind of training, and after no one bothers to hide where you want, and nobody can guarantee that this Cabinet will look Chris are thick (this is only the beginning loonies have looked into a nearby locker). And Yes, I saw a bunch of cabinets and places where you can hide, but nobody was there, suddenly. I have a feeling that you are on the basement in the beginning just do not play.