3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kurisu Reddofirudo 23.07.20 10:49 pm

Jed\'s Half-Life Model Viewer and its troubles (Half-Life)

Who knows where to get the latest version of model viewer, which will not be shipping the system to the latest Windows (Win 7-10)? Or maybe his what to modify to stop this from happening? Or how it at least to prevent? And it is already tired after closing this program it manually cleaned from the background processes of task Manager, in that it throws instead of a normal closure.
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anomel Suna 23.07.20

Kurisu Reddofirudo
Still useless now modify half on her original engine(GoldSrc). There is a port on the Source, there is a remake. Try to modify Source port

K
Kurisu Reddofirudo 23.07.20

Enamel Suna
I don't need to modify the viewer, but to the screens of models to do (put them on my website).

K
Kurisu Reddofirudo 23.07.20

Enamel Suna
Hesitated just keep it then, after closing, as I said, using Manager to manually close.

x
xDDGx 23.07.20

Late in the day I came here, but I can not pass up:
it is useless now to modify the half on its original engine(GoldSrc)
Why is that? Grafona not? :) By the way, fans of Doom and Quake (first classic) is still doing under these game modes and maps, to say nothing of the Half with its more powerful engine? Although it is worth noting that these games OpenSRS, and for them there is a large number of so-called ports that greatly enhance their capabilities. It is unfortunate that Gabe grabbed the source code of the Half.
Of course, try to do it on GoldSource modern game to implement some abstract idea for which the choice of a particular engine does not matter — is pointless and will only complicate the task.
But the engine CL is now chosen only for the simple reason that this engine XL engine your favorite game. For the true fan of the age engine is not important. Moreover, CL — is still not Doom, it is still maintained and updated by the Valve's (at that time, as id dropped this task entirely on the shoulders of the community).
Nevertheless, it must be admitted that even this old engine, much can be done and the achieved results can be impressive (Cry of Fear, which became the mod of the year and was even able to get into Steam, example).

Okay, enough offtopic. As for the topic, I once went into a post, then I can advise is that to write a batch file that machine will kill the program — enough to be his callicot after its closure.
The text of the batch file should be something like this:

@echo off
taskkill /im hlmv.exe

Need to save this text as a text document with the extension .bat.
I can't check whether I made the team, not on Windows now, at least read the FAQ of the program:

taskkill /?

It is not excluded that you can automate killing the program immediately after closing, but I, unfortunately, don't know how (MB AutoIt there would have helped, but I'm with this tool did not work).

By the way, in addition to Jed's HLMV there is also the original Half-Life Model Viewer, which is composed HL1SDK, and a mdlv2.exe (don't even remember where he dug up...), and even has its own version of the viewer from the authors of the mod Action Half-Life. I don't know whether they have the same problem, or there are some troubles, but worth a try.
Source velkovskogo original viewer, by the way, is available in the same HL1SDK, you can try them just to rebuild under modern Visual Studio, maybe this will be enough to fix the problem (if it is in the original hlmv.exe). If that doesn't work, you will have to edit the source code, and this is not a trivial task.