3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Faruk123 24.07.20 09:31 pm

memory frequency

now the comp is 4gb ram with 1600mhz frequency, I want to buy another 4 gb,but I don't know with what frequency to take.There is a difference in performance between 4gb 4gb 1333 and 1600?
8 Comments
Sort by:
I
IDarkaxeI 24.07.20

jekovalov
exactly the same buy the same manufacturer, or have confidence that they rivet in one factory under different brands, then the other. Otherwise, the system can work as anything, but maybe do not work

F
Faruk123 24.07.20

IDarkaxeI
want to buy

I
IDarkaxeI 24.07.20

jekovalov
tady pair at once and take it, and that sell. I'm here this morning 2 laths on 4GB of 1600 with the old system was sold for a thousand on Craigslist

E
EX0800_ 24.07.20

Almost no difference
Googly

U
Ursus29 24.07.20

Most likely will work, but the frequency will be taken with a weaker strap, i.e. 1333 in your case. Also not unimportant which slot will be put. If the hand, it is better to try to start.

F
Faruk123 24.07.20

IDarkaxeI
what is the probability that the strap will not make friends?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 24.07.20

jekovalov
The difference between 1333 and 1600 is insignificant to the eye, it is not particularly noticeable, especially on the old sistemnik and platforms. But I would still recommend to take it to 1600, and there are two reasons:
1) Now stands on 1600, when put in 1333, the RAM will run at the frequency of the smallest. In addition, if, on 2.
2) Put a different bar, you will lose dual channel mode memory. Dual channel mode is more preferred.
Take exactly the same, it is better to overpay.
Conclusions:1. Dual channel mode compared to single channel, win in the operations – copying, moving and writing files. A vivid example is the creation of an archive – the gains may be substantial. 2. In some games the dual-channel mode provides the increase in the average FPS, more than 20%, for example, the game "Sniper Ghost Warrior". 3. Game, increase FPS (single and dual modes) depends on DirectX. The same tests with different DirectX, show different results. 4. FPS spread (max-min) in some games is significantly lower in dual-channel mode, which allows to obtain a more stable gameplay (without lag). 5. Recommend during Assembly to set the memory to enable dual-channel mode.
Spoilers principle, the memory frequency is not much rests on the performance of your computer. For example, in games the gain will be absolutely indistinguishable, and some other applications will be noticeable more. But the difference in price, for example, in comparison with DDR3 memory PC3-12800 (1600 MHz) will be very small. Here I usually follow the rule – if the price is slightly higher (1-3$) and the CPU supports the higher rate, then why not take faster memory.
IMPORTANT!RAM frequency is not necessarily the same, the motherboard will put all of the strips of the frequency of the slowest module, but very often a computer with straps of different frequencies is unstable. For example, it might not even turn on.

I
IDarkaxeI 24.07.20

jekovalov
how lucky, just recently one experimenter complained that included in time)) but at first everything was fine, then started