3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jack ONeill 26.07.20 11:06 pm

Power armor (Fallout 4)

Let's discuss the power armor in Fallout 4.

First, the good news - now it's not a useless piece of scrap metal in the inventory, and real combat exoskeleton, which can, for example, to jump off the roof is not very high at home without getting damage.
But there are limitations. Looks like armor will have its own power source (see screenshot). And called into question the availability of the PIP-boy in fallout, and constant wearing.
Power supply

Second, armor has different resists to physical damage and damage from energaire that quite a bit, but closer to the first parts.

Third, the power armor can be craft and modify. Starting with painting some of its elements to their replacement counterparts from other types of armor, or installing džetpaka.
Speaking of modifications, the trailer was shown 4 models of armor:
T-45d is the simplest model, used by the Brotherhood of Steel and Outcasts,
T-51b is the last pre-war model adopted by the U.S. army just before a nuclear war
X-01 Mk. II - post-war development of the enclave,
T-60b - not-seen modification, which are not yet known, presumably the pre-war prototype developed at MIT.
Jetpack
61 Comments
Sort by:
R
RikoChiko 26.07.20

Multihellmen
It would be good. But I doubt it. Roughly speaking, power armor is an analogue of Touma. Which will also have to rock.

L
LeoBig220 26.07.20

saa0891
But there are limitations. Looks like armor will have its own power supply

It is the fuel for jet pack.

Jet-pack will work on OD (points of action), and sprint, who in F4 would.

J
Jack ONeill 26.07.20

LeoBig220
I really hope not. One thing is the ability to run a certain distance, depending on OD. It is quite another fuel supply for džetpaka.
Even if to assume, on it are electric turbojet engines (ERD, is used as a working body of the atmospheric air), then the jetpack could be powered by one with the armor source.

L
LeoBig220 26.07.20

Jack ONeill
Spoiler
At 2:00 you can see how the player uses the jet-pack, and out of stock AP (don't know how to decipher), landing after a few seconds starts the regeneration of AP.

J
Jack ONeill 26.07.20

LeoBig220
Oh sorry, it seems the jetpack only for small jumps designed.
But still, it would be logical to add a new scale charge the capacitor/fuel level-dependent modifications of armor and džetpaka, not AP for this use.

-
-Raixs- 26.07.20

The jetpack in the presentation looked incredibly ridiculous. You see, if they could use an ordinary man, but a man dressed in power armor, which was similar to the fur? Why is it so small? As the cylinders from the flamethrower(and he just looks and size, when compared with the 3-th part) can lift into the air such a machine? Although I saw a Teddy bear's severed head to some dude)))

s
saa0891 26.07.20

LeoBig220

Jet-pack will work on OD (points of action), and sprint, who in F4 would.

How do you imagine it,the OD used only during combat,but if you just have to jump on some kind of hill or just run,you're in my stupidity breccia.

Probably a jet pack will use fuel or any battery,as well as the exoskeleton of the T-60 will probably be food,I'd love whatever it was.

P
PaulTheApostle 26.07.20

Looked at the screenshots of the model T-60d,and say that is no different the T-45d,except for size.I think the modders will release a mod that ispravyat this frustration and make some other brnou,which will looks better than T-45.

J
Jack ONeill 26.07.20

Screens of all models from SAT:
T-45bpix.PlayGround.ru
T-51bpix.PlayGround.ru
T-60(b)pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
X-01pix.PlayGround.ru

L
LeoBig220 26.07.20

saa0891
http://www.playground.ru/blogs/fallout_4/analiz_gejmlejnogo_video_fallout_4_s_e3-152309/
Read about the jetpack, bottom

w
we get what we deserve 26.07.20

The characteristics of the power armor

• Probable customization (applying different patterns) on power armor.
• Armor consumes micro-nuclear power cell.
• Armor will not be stored in the inventory.

s
solus. 26.07.20

Put the question bluntly - power armor should be different from the usual armor (knee pads, boots, body armor) is not just a factor of resistance to damage, and the threshold damage below which it should not - neither be damaged nor transmit the damage GG. I explain on fingers: when you are dressed in power armor and tries to bite crookrise or dog - all damage should go exclusively to the unfortunate animal, and not you or the armor. Well, think for yourself - AS crookrise, dog, or even a simple ghoul can damage metal armor or hero, Packed in her on the ears? It's bullshit when you are standing in power armor, and you gradually bite a gopher, not reach you even to the knee. Yes, gopher teeth will fall out after the second bite. Similarly, the radscorpions should not pose any threat to clad in power armor GG. Another thing - aogai or the claw of death - they are able to raskoldovat armor or to smash its owner because of its strength. But every pot-bellied little thing should just be ignored.

Cons power armor also should be clear and definite - to swim in it should be STRICTLY prohibited. Does that go on the bottom (if there is a supply of oxygen for any extra tanks). And then we have the protagonist boldly swam in a metal exoskeleton, like in the bouncy zone.

a
ant240801 26.07.20

solus.
So all of the chip power armor in that it for you most of the work is done, offsetting more than its own weight

s
solus. 26.07.20

ant240801

You need to understand the difference between"compensation of effort required for wearing armor and compensation of the weight of the armor. The physical laws of power armor to break can not and should not - she will still pull to the bottom as a pile of scrap metal. It will still be bogged down in the swamps. And she still has to give a huge minus to DEXTERITY, because Newton's laws has not been canceled.

P
PaulTheApostle 26.07.20

turokxxx
Well that characteristics of the X-01 would be better pissing T-60(b)

P
PaulTheApostle 26.07.20

MeDVeD48Ru
No,just a larger T-45b

M
MeDVeD48Ru 26.07.20

Wires
And a little change.Well, it's better than the T-51b.

-
-Raixs- 26.07.20

Do not drive on the T-60b, looks great and powerful. I developed worked well on her.

n
nikita2112 26.07.20

I was thinking, this thing will weigh about a ton. That is, if you found this lying on the floor on his back, then get into it will not work.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 26.07.20

solus
Correctly noted, I wonder if this fixed the tank with the rats in the new game.

However, too naive to think of a future where power armor is so effective:
1. As you know the neck can not withstand the force with which the bullet hits the helmet, that is, even if the helmet sustains a hit, then 100% of the neck breaks or the head comes off.
So to kill the soldier, clad in power armor is enough to get any good sniper rifles of large caliber (for example KAFP) in the head once. And with such dimensions it is not difficult to do.
2. Especially for perfectionists invented the eye slit in the helmet, which also can be accessed with a sniper rifle.
3. In FNV was a mission where he pulls a gun the size of a child's pistol and makes them a platoon of brotherhood of steel, indicating that the power armor is quite primitive and low-technology invention.
4. A platoon of giants in armor, die from the first grenade, unable to quickly execute the command loose.
5. Specially for lazy people who invented the Browning machine gun with the cartridge API M8, which has 26 mm of armor from hundreds of meters. It is not necessary to aim for the head or eyes, it is not necessary to rats with a nuclear grenade, calmly shoot fools in the armor from hundreds of meters. Remember all that DLC emulation war in Canada? So there is enough to put one machine gun at the entrance to the Chinese base. But in real life these guns would be few, they would be surreptitiously installed, and all those who stupidly went out in the armor, immediately'd all be dead, and not understanding how they shoot. Moreover, the thickness of the armor is not the same everywhere, and the highest only on the bib, and I do not think that thicker than 10 mm, that is, the idea even 7.92 mm cartridge during the second world war will be enough to defeat a soldier in power armor with 200 m.

The war is not won by a frontal attack of a company in T-61b, it's stupid.

Another thing is the armor such as in games like mass effect, it is much easier, the bullets of the enemies fall into the energy screen, then the head is intact. Although heavy any enemy is killed in the head with one shot in any armor, but realistic. This armor is more like a strengthened PCD. In the army, and so the UGC puts on a bulletproof vest with inserts. When the war in space, it is all just combined: the suit, the UGC and the vest.