3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tarmogoyf 30.07.20 12:33 am

The coolest idea for a AAA game.

RPG game kosmoopery open world, Yes, the entire universe, trillions of galaxies, planets, with terrain, with a variety of life forms. Seems impossible. But with procedural generation, it is possible. View the Space engine simulator of the universe, the main idea came after him, in fact it can be generated from the terrain to the stories.

The idea of the game, you(the traveler, pirate, bounty hunter or soldier) travel across the universe in search of life, artifacts, or information. The ship, the crew are fully moderniziriruyutsya, speed, radar search for earth-like exoplanets....
The story should be in most cases not tied to specific planets, to be more scripted and more tied to the time and rating your. For example this idea, you and your ex-friend turned enemies(or smoothly they were) and began to compete, then you can tie some kind of Empire and rebels, Democrats, etc.
The most interesting, and most importantly, is the generation of worlds, races, architecture, state formations and historical epochs, this would generate the neural network.
Race to take race TES and they create a huge variety, architecture, and the history of the planet, the same can be created automatically by the network. And political system, countries and their rulers, the same can be formed.
Further, according to the equation dracona, it is possible for each item.
Era, let the antiquity, the new lying, modern times, future times, cyberpunk,post-Apocalypse worlds, as well as the worlds with access to FTL.
You may well determine, depending on your situation, the current course of events on the planet.
Generation cities, the population can be reduced a million times( and that is probably the only item that may not be realizable), and the dimensions are the same. Generation of tasks, quests, again, need a huge stock of prototypes. The best reward in quests for us to be information, the coordinates(approximate) of interesting planets, treasure of the nation or the history of the universe and the first people as an example.

The main idea of the game is to travel around the universe to find worlds, find artifacts, to study history, to move in the rating. Can be promoted in the Empire, and from private to General who at the click of a finger organizes the invasion of the planet. Similarly, the rebels. And to be a pirate, gather a team, make alliances, then you can think again....

The universe itself is so huge that most planets(for example Earth) do not need to know about UFO. So we need to arrange depending on the level of technological development, the introduction of civilization in the galactic era. On themselves as the planets, may be unrecognized or scholars to hide the fugitives the same with quests.

10 Comments
Sort by:
G
Givemethedust 30.07.20

Caravans can be robbed? What a cool game without the caravans?

M
MunchkiN 616 30.07.20

the neural network can not generate. it needs an approach of pseudo-random numbers and something like a musical synthesizer, and finally there are many problems any production will Tama engine Nada steep, which can render the picture-in-picture and large numbers to support avkh 512 just fine.
everything was fine until in short, I didn't know what was in the center golaktiki and globular clusters can be very small distance between the suns (e.g. light time) and the idea was in the hierarchy, the room of the universe with galaxies teksturki on a smaller scale there are flying camera and captures all 360 degrees in the textures-present the dirt. then how would the room on the conditional 1000km scale 1m=1sv year with the galaxy there 3 d model of the galaxy with bariatri near the mesh and any smoke particles away and I pitch from drakelow came down. then it means there is some room on the scale 1sv year is reduced after gliding outer level render where the graphics card can render a planet and Tama need 32 bit number for shaders. then the last level is 8 cubic kilometers where the player runs and Globus deferred Federov layers of the universe otstaet somewhere for a few thousand kilometers so that you can normally the planet loaded. and Tama immediately problems arose. ships may be too large and Nada to move the space from the ship and from the player. and it turns out when Iraq sits to steer the ship the camera is 3rd person too far removed. the second is of the sun and black holes can be very large and exceed the size of the real solar system. that creates all sorts of problems and Tama with the gravitation of another topic - gravitatsionnye gradients have winds on the GPU proschityvaetsya for space physics and planets in General the CPU is the first GPU need to support 64 float numbers ha shaders in second through dh11-12 broadcast to physical objects back and stroeh to form the initial request 512-bit world space in which 0.1 mm is considered to be from conflicts of pants to pop up randomly.. well technically too difficult and at the limit where the modern pitch. and Jaime thought about relativism is that it would be nice to assume the motion vector is not on the visible objects and the place where they should be. it's Nada to get the dynamic galaxy was rotating but it will look at relativism is odd, because the far edge of the galaxy will slow down and the middle will accelerate and when to fly through space to galaxies started in the opposite direction, quickly spinning and type when this can be done so accurately into the star to get the list of the traversed chose . galactic clusters and voids can be static to do so, they do not fly or expanded. this cool idea for a AAA game.
and I have a theme - Babylonian library is called. - this type if the couple washed down possible dialogues with Bata to establish.

P
Posledovatel 30.07.20

dreams of the student

a
airstorm 30.07.20

How many years have passed, but we remember :)
Spoiler

r
requiemmm 30.07.20

AAA-segment of those dreams of korovanami just will not pull. Everything is absolutely real, but requires about 15 years to the embodiment and polishing, and it made slyapat quick hallway kintz 5-10 hours, cut the dough and roll away. Even if we forget about it, the target audience of the AAA are still grafodrochery, then have to change the engine and model a couple of times at least and then try with all that shit to fly, as in the joke.
No, a niche for such games the whole life is a indie, when a small group of enthusiasts for beer when there is the mood, the life slowly sawing game, sending to hell every stupid kid who rushes to the claims of a I of texture no 4K and where Fisica chest?!

Personally, I see this project as joining the Elite and Daggerfall, the script is some kind of fan fiction Hard to be a God and the level of the recommended range from parkana to a Freelancer. The target audience of 35-40 years.
A guaranteed commercial failure.

T
Takkar_hAsam 30.07.20

hmm... it's kind of likeness expanded space stage from Spore. The idea of fun, but to translate it that's a toughie.

T
Tarmogoyf 27.09.20

A follower of TAC and knew such comments would be. Bitch I have not played games in 30 years practically, only created if.
that's just not long ago learned that the whole 2 games in this direction are done. For example, Starfield by Bethesda

T
Tarmogoyf 27.09.20

airstorm
Starfield by Bethesda

A
Anderby 04.10.20

This game was made 36 years and 10 days ago.

Super graphics and super-generation will give nothing. All the variety will quickly come down to the templates in the player's head "mob so-and-so, fly from A to B, deliver C, kill N opponents of the rank X grouping." 36 years ago, the point on the screen imagination was drawn to the whole world, but the gameplay it did not save. In general, for many years Ubisoft has been engaged in this kind of creates big worlds with a bunch of characters and situation generators -- completely empty and pointless inside. Because you need to create a story by hand, to write to all aspects the cause of existence and purpose, to observe the laws of genre and physics, to balance all this competently, and this requires a whole squad of screenwriters. Which in Hollywood is not that small, not that in the gambling industry. And why work out if they're already bothering?
Perhaps someday there will be programs capable of simulating the course of history and creating whole settings, but so far there is no progress in this direction. The coolest chatbots easily bite, "I'll remember this, randomly put this, if I do not understand the change of the subject", what can we say about such complex systems as the evolution of species and the development of history.
At the moment, I think, the actual partial generation of in-game situations. But few people use it competently - that it was quite random and fit enough into the setting. The last thing I remember is random assistants in relatively peaceful regions in Final Fantasy XII and stray unscripted in Stalker's.

p
pekabir 04.10.20

Sean Murray, you? I recognized you from your schizoid...