3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
ReDoX 31.07.20 11:36 am

Poll: the Most atmospheric game?

My IMHO:

3rd place - Frr Need for Speed Underground 2

2nd place - GTA 3

1st place - Half-Life 2
301 Comments
Sort by:
k
kazimirr 31.07.20

What is the atmosphere like? Incredibly difficult to describe in words. When you sit down to play quite a bit, and go through six hours, at least, that's the atmosphere. HL2 and EpOne so it is generally super! Disaster in all its glory. Passed over those six hours. In the same breath.

And today I bought the HL 1 anthology from beeches. I do not regret.

M
Midnight 31.07.20

Of course, MAFIA.

k
kazimirr 31.07.20

By the way, about the Fira (F. E. A. R.'a, that is). I, of course, said that this atmospheric game, and his words not refuse. BUT...
It's just a horror, playing on human instincts. Agree that almost all horror, be it movie, book or game, make us fear the same. For the past many years. And we are all afraid! Just FEAR it is a competent horror. It is a competent shooter. Competent game.
To recall a toy Vampires (in Russ. version of Vampires), which came out in, like, 2003. There really was not a girl martwick and all kinds of technology, the dead ordinary, poteshniki, spirits and other vermin. Despite the average graphics Scarecrow how! Oh, those aunts in their coffins as they abruptly got up...

R
Reverrius 31.07.20

Horror games are always atmospheric, because in horror films it is the main place.

S
Spanch Bob Kvadratnye Sht 31.07.20

totally agree

Z
Zharkovich aka Agent Smit 31.07.20

FAHRENHEIT!
And not IPET!
This is where the atmosphere.
The feeling of the approaching end of the world. The sense of drama of one person.
Halfa, fear, doom atmosphere there I saw. It's a simple shooter, there is nothing unexpected and they are not the least bit scary. If there is some turn that because it will jump out the monster.
Levels we run in pripryzhku Aki mad monkey and shoot Aki deranged Wahab.

S
Spectral_ 31.07.20

YES here still forgot RESIDENT EVIL!!! Of course, the strongest impression from the console version of the year that way in 1998-1999, I think Biohazard was called, but on the PC it was nothing. The atmosphere was terrible, even thoughts are afraid to put themselves in the place of the main character :) Go into some room like everything is fine and the music is calm-calm as suddenly the window flies any creature. As a result, all are in tension. And when the plot play as a little girl in General pop, just something that can run around and Dodge the corpses.

D
DeX 31.07.20

Deus Ex
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, the
Grand Theft Auto 3
Heroes of Might & Magic III
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
Max Payne 1,2
Neverwinter Nights
Alien vs Predator 2

in General, the notion of atmosphere is quite subjective

B
B.Soldier of Dark 31.07.20

The adventures of the Indian in kosmosie...

17 atmosfear...
uhhi of DeWitt..

R
Roman Igroman 31.07.20

Thief The Dark Project

A
Alex-47th 31.07.20

I agree with NightWish
Vampire: the masqurade - Bloodlines is really the most atmospheric game, and just kalsna. Haven't seen this about vampires.
Still a great atmosphere at Morrowinda and good old games полуRPG - Nox.
More while not remember, as the good old replay, and what you suggest

M
Mad Butcher 31.07.20

- Deus Ex
- Paradise Cracked (Access Code: Paradise)
- Half-Life-2
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Fallout (1 and 2)
- The Fall: Last Days of Gaia
- GTA: Vice City

Nightwish, lol, well, if you think Half-Life-2 threshing-floor, and you are not inspired that nothing sravnival atmosphere, then you can only sympathize. :))) Sorry.

Sorry for plagiarism. A parenthesis with the word standard I cut because standards among the games there.

P
Piranesi 31.07.20

1) Oblivion 2) FarCry 3) NFS:MW 4) WarCraft

S
Screamer_ 31.07.20

Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, the
Grand Theft Auto 3
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven

and IMHO one of luchi games:
Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines

N
Nemezis 31.07.20

Immediately apologize if not name many atmospheric games, but I will judge only those who have played to be as objective as possible. Well, I will try to abstract from their own preferences ))) Each position will be explained.

MAFIA
Unique creation of the mafia on the life of the 30-ies of the last century. The story is beyond praise. Excellent interweaving of lies, betrayal, mistrust and even a close person and at the same time such strange concepts as friendship. This game live, drawn into this world. This Godfather in the world of games.

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Such a real atmosphere of a city saturated with Vice, violence, political machinations, I have not seen anywhere else. Great role-play, each character is a living creature, with its history, with its suffering one way or another connected with darkness is a vicious Los Angeles. Acuity adds that the example of the vampires shows the lives of ordinary people, for the sake of power ready to go on corpses. You live your character have time to get attached... But the game itself has become a victim of thirst for money! If basarabi weren't so greedy and they finish it to the end... Such a sweetie ruined... ((( And anyway, despite how buggy it has earned worldwide fame!

Fahrengeit
I remember last fierce winter, when I was first introduced to Fahrenheit - I played a game where approaching the unprecedented frosts and at the same time on TV they said that in some regions the temperature has dropped to -35 degrees and showed solid snow drifts... the Effect was stunning. Russian localization is just no time left! But still, the tragedy of the common man, who must prove his innocence when everyone thinks he's crazy... This hero live, too, trying to unravel its mystery, the story is very addictive. Sort of a Favourites option in the world of games.

Beyond Good and Evil
Maybe it will seem strange, but in this game, the atmosphere is also more than enough IMHO. The characters are very colorful, the game world is vibrant, colorful and bright. Jade's a great character, Paige - even more ))) This is a great adventure game, it is unparalleled I have never met.

Silent Hill
In this one the title the hearts of many gamers shudder. A world where all the monsters spawned by yours or someone else's consciousness, where you have to look yourself in the face amazing. And what could be worse than the human soul, distorted by resentment, pain, violence. One of the best psychological sagas, not only in the world of games, but in the world of cinema and literature, I am not afraid of these words.

Max Payne
A great philosophical Saga about the lonely person in a big city. The clot of pain and grief streamed into hatred around the world. Will clear whether the revenge the soul of the hero, and whether he is looking for revenge, or at least an ounce of compassion and human warmth? Great atmospheric game.

We must also remember and platformers
Resident Evil
The constant feeling of fear and despair, tension and anticipation of attack when there is no time to be distracted otherwise, your brain will wreck in no time. Someone accuses this series for the sheer jumping monsters... But how many times have you jumped on the spot by the sudden appearance of the monster, how many times have you nervously pressed into the joystick, afraid to scratch your nose, how many times heart thumping furiously in predinfarktnom state when Nemesis, the bastard, once again went on the hunt? Incredibly atmospheric game. Still. And the third part is just crazy action, shutting up the belt a lot of Hollywood blockbusters.

Perhaps here can be attributed to more and F. E. A. R, but I think he's a little lacking in glubiny. Great game, but the atmosphere is not up to vyshenskaya.

I want a few words to say Kvas, which is something driven to silent hill. Friend, if you are not in power to understand all the intricacies of the plot, that's your problem, not the game.
I also want to ask FANS of Half-Life: friends, you just excitedly touted Halva, shout about the atmosphere, REVOLUTIONARY game, but why will never argue its revolutionary and atmosphere? Yes, nice shooter with good graphics and physics, but no more. Can you abstract from your fanaticism and will to think clearly? For example I am an ardent fan Fear, but why I didn't put it on your list? Let's be objective,OK? But if you want to argue, I'll call a lot of arguments than the same FEAR steeper Halva. Honest and let the forum decide who is right. You can even create a theme separate.

-
-_UpDoWn_- 31.07.20

Half-Life 2
Fahrenheit
Gta 3

5ehtiP 31.07.20

SW: KOTOR II

S
Svarog 31.07.20

Warcraft II

V
Vergil 31.07.20

Mei Edge 3

R
Reyverend Rey [aka Forres 31.07.20

Gothic 1-2? Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb.
Call of Juarez 1-2.