3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VETER15 27.09.20 08:21 pm

Siege of the Walls: Logic! (Total War Saga: Troy)

I want to touch on the topic, because I don't think it's natural to have this example:
An infantryman in full armor, with a shield and a spear, climbs on the wall on a rope.

In order to climb the wall on a rope, at a minimum will have to face:
- Stones
- butter
- arrows
not to mention the fact that when you climb on this rope, you can lose more strength than in battle.

In my opinion, this possibility is completely out of the logic in the game.
How can all squads climb with the help of a cat on the walls?

After all, for what, was invented BYANIC CONY?
Or will such a siege system be adjusted in the future?
7 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 27.09.20

How do I fix the punctuation in the title of the themes?

S
Stanislavich 27.09.20

I'm more depressing.
The whole same problem of storming fortresses.
As long as your army approaches the gate, it receives consistently quite high damage.
And when you control the army, even with the advantage of 3,000 soldiers against 800, you can lose 400-500 soldiers in the approach of the army, whereas in the battle you lose no more than 300.
As a result, all fights in the category of Sturm fortresses. you have to play the author's account.

V
VETER15 27.09.20

Stanislavic
The problem apparently was adding siege weapons.
In the photo in the center I see a canopy, protecting from attack from above. With such a variety of siege weapons, to make possible only a cat ... That's why we get such losses.

But, you can be a hero (I'm so Paris), knock the gate off his feet, and run on a chariot shooting enemies inside the castle until the arrows run out ...

If not corrected, the trial, not a bad option naturally was for review.

S
Stanislavich 27.09.20

VETER15
it would not be bad if they added the possibility of breaking the walls from a distance at all.
But the game explicitly says that the defensive towers on the walls - an indestructible object, that is. You can't destroy it, you can only capture it.
Today I tried to do something myself in the siege - I had 2 battering rams. Both units with rams simply did not reach the gate. were shot by archers and towers, although both detachments were spearmen with shields and 5 to the level. I think there are shields. like and the armor on them good, like the number of the squad max was, but slowly crawl under fire from 2 towers and 4 detachments of archers - it's such ...
The saddest thing is that the towers have a range of attacks under 300, and it is already difficult to disperse the range of attacks on arrows above 200. As a result, you need to start under the attacks of the towers of his hero, so that he tanked them, behind to exhibit long-range shooters and hope that. that the towers won't switch to shooting at them. And hope so. that the range of attack and the heap of shooting of the Prchnikov will be much better than the range of attack and the shooting of archers, which are on the walls.
After all, even the ranger hero has to enter the attack zone of archers, most often to attack them.

V
VETER15 27.09.20

Stanislavic wrote:
I think there are shields. like and the armor on them good, like the number of the squad max was, but slowly crawl under fire from 2 towers and 4 detachments of archers - it's such ...
The expectation is that you will be the only one in the crowd to disperse the enemy's fire. Not paying attention to the loss. That is, to act like AI, as in that song:
That I'm snowing, what's hot for me,
That it's pouring rain on me
When my friends are with me!
Stanislavic wrote:
As a result, all the battles of the siege of fortresses have to play on the auto-calculation.
This battle process will quickly get bored. Now I have exactly the situation, but, the speed of the game has increased. There is no uniformly-focused and interesting siege, as in Atilla, although it is not perfect.

I came, I saw, I won!
Fast, and without strategic subtleties. Crowd to crowd... And the walls are not a hindrance to us.

e
evgeniik 27.09.20

and how do you :)) Achilles one breaks the gate, breaks in and removes the commander, then a couple of squads of skirmishers. Then the rest of the army you go into the ready

V
VETER15 27.09.20

evgeniik
It's the Scribe of Man

And this is the Trojan Pisets.