3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 27.09.20 08:42 pm

Impressions of the game (Serious Sam 4)

game came out, share opinions
46 Comments
Sort by:
S
Serious Roma453 20.12.20

Iriloneleyn
This is a system of Legions, the developers themselves said that this system will be at the first and last level, so in this case only journalists are to blame, who posted it everywhere as the main feature of the game

S
Serious Roma453 20.12.20

Diman Gorlenko
That journalists everywhere posted about this system of legions as the main feature of the new part! Although the developers themselves said that this legion system will only be at the first and last level

S
Serious Roma453 20.12.20

Iriloneleyn
This is a system of Legions, the developers themselves said that this system will be at the first and last level, so in this case only journalists are to blame, who posted it everywhere as the main feature of the game

K
Kay Owald 08.07.22

The game is inconsistent.
Terribly outdated engine. The animation of the characters and their appearance (especially rare women) in the scenes is frankly painful to watch. It's not even the 20th year, it's the 90s, only the textures are better. The technical condition even now leaves much to be desired by the authors. Flashing textures, loading textures before our eyes, the ability to crawl out of the map borders, thinking that there is a secret (no), passing through trees, running without sound, such a huge number of settings that it is easy to get confused in them, but it is difficult to make beautiful and fast (here GeForce Experience really helps). However, it will not be particularly fast, especially when hundreds of enemies trample on you. The big levels are quite simply furnished, but at least more or less diverse and even beautiful in places (especially the sky), in contrast to the dullness of the desert that was in the third part. However,
Cherry on the cake - the agenda. Rare, but, damn it, for some reason there. It is especially a pity for the harpies, it seems that according to the description they should seduce with their forms, and here is a moronic armored car. The French resistance is the Algerians, along the way we save two lesbians (one is completely pasted over with their flags), well, the classic is shorter. It is a pity that the authors slipped into this, however, they can be forgiven for this, since at least they did not slide into a hypocritical shiza with the abolition of Russia.
Level design can be written in "neither fish nor fowl", there is good, more or less varied and good. Rome, expanses of France, ruins, castles and, suddenly, even a Russian oil rig, and the final level in general takes place in Tunguska. Everything is very simple, but we have here a meat shooter with hundreds of enemies, so we must admit that the levels work. There are even additional missions that give bonuses, meat, scenes and Sam's jokes.
In order to enjoy the plot, you need to understand that this is deliberately the level of category "B" films. Simple, dull, but at the same time with excellent humor, epic and even sad moments. That is exactly what you need for such a shooter, no more, no less. Suddenly, a well-written script, where it would seem like a passing joke about a flying shoe, will mean a lot. We have a prequel here, by the way. And the passage will take around 12-15 hours, which is very good. This is the strongest part of the story.
Well, the main thing is that this was the preservation of Sam's essence (myyayayayayayayayayayaso!): A huge amount of diverse and generally not superfluous weapons (it can even be improved!) And lotions, a huge number of different enemies, both new and externally and externally and externally and excellent in battle), epic bosses, an epic finale, huge levels, which even diversify with rides on a motorcycle, popemobile and harvester. Moreover, all this is served gradually, competently, alternating, giving rest and giving intoxication, and in the finale literally dumping thousands of enemies on us.
All this with great music. In the past parts, everything was fine with this, but here for the first time in the series (with the exception of the Hero song from the third part, which is still on my phone ringing (yes, with that cry)) download in its entirety and listen separately. Especially from the penultimate level, where a chic remake of Kalinka-Malinka (yes, look!) in an epic-heavy style.
So. Poor technical condition, general backwardness in appearance, but at the same time, the authors managed to improve the already perfectly working meat gameplay with some innovations. Well, the very essence of Sam - jokes and shooters from cool guns to cool music - is still beautiful. Despite all the flaws, yes, Sam is still cool!
7.8/10

K
Kay Owald 08.07.22

Serious Sam 4: Mission to Siberia It is an
extremely rare situation when modders were entrusted with making an add-on for the game they were modding for. The unique situation is that they are from Russia and made an add-on about Sam's adventures in Siberia, which, I'm sure, many boys dreamed of in those distant 2000s. They grew up, they did. And separately it is wonderful that the Krotimas allowed them to do this, for which they are honored and praised.
Yes, the add-on (and this is it, and not just DLS) has the same technical problems as in the original. However, ours, it seems, managed to tighten up the stability and the levels became more detailed and fuller, and even the characters and plot scenes are no longer ashamed. It turned out to be a great adventure in five parts, consisting of an oil refinery, large expanses with villages, a railway station and a mining town. The whole thing is about five hours long. The plot describes who and where Sam happened to be between the penultimate mission (oil rig) and the last (Tunguska) of the original game. However, there will be surprises, great characters, good humor, a bit of cranberry (but good) and even a good albeit sad ending. There is a tank. And there is just the perfect horse for all times - a mech with a huge chainsaw! Everything is just as good with music, but without something unique.
They threw in some new interesting enemies, new-old mechanics from the classic Sams, hell, this was not enough in the last parts. They added, of course, a new weapon: an excellent Kalash (less ammo, but better lethality), an excellent and very convenient crossbow with a scope against strong and medium enemies, and the very flesh - the natural hyperboloid of engineer Garin - a laser gun. Which not only cuts enemies, but makes them explode, hitting surrounding colleagues! Gods, I'm in love. After what I did with the enemies with the help of this baby, I am obliged to marry her, but how can I present this news to my equally beloved minigun? Dilemma...
It seems that our team managed to make Sam even better than in the original! Although, perhaps, I am biased, because running around my native villages and towns, mowing down hordes of enemies to cool music and the encouraging fierce accent of local partisans was a real pleasure.
8.5/10

s
sevapva 20.08.22

excellent tire. no more. too many graphics settings. not for beauty.