3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LexaDriver 27.09.20 09:34 pm

There is no Ascension Mission in Crysis Remastered. (Crysis)

Actually, after the self-sacrifice of Strickland should be a mission with the control of the SVVP, but in the remaster at the end of the cutscene loaded level on the aircraft carrier.

I didn't realize this mission was cut out because modern comps are unable to pull it?
Or is it because the basis was taken cropped game port with PS3/Xbox 360 ?
9 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nurp 27.09.20

LexaDriver wrote:
I don't get it.
... It's a failure, bro!

l
legusor 27.09.20

LexaDriver
about the port, by the way, quite old news, dated back in the spring.
crysis remastered is based on the port for xbox360'PS3 consoles, on the cry engine engine 3, while the original with PC worked on the engine cry engine 2.
yes, this mission with the plane was cut out in the days of xbox360/PS3 versions, because it was recognized by the community as dull.
that is, the crysis remastered that is now released on all the major platforms and switch, is thus the port of xbox360-PS3, only to it screwed graphone or its likeness.
modern iron in the form of intel core i9-10980XE and RTX 3090 does not export it, just like in the good old days:

X
X_ray_83 27.09.20

Some studios better not do remasters at all ! I was right dull port with Xbox360, let themselves in this slag play.

S
Spiny 27.09.20

Well, that's not strange, but visually came out extremes ... Yes, like texture is better, but the models themselves, the structure waks from the original. It is easier to say it as an example on Skyrim to put 1 graphic mod, which improves the general visuality. However, here the computer is suffocating quite. Conclusion: such a thing for myself...

S
Sergjiei 27.09.20

Ha-ha-ha, it is a good time when re-releases try to preserve all the content of the original, and in some cases even a little expand it, and then on the contrary cut ...

B
Bell-206 28.06.21

legusor wrote:
yes, this mission with an airplane was cut back in the days of xbox360 PS3 versions, because it was recognized by the community as dull.
So the developers said, but the real reason is probably not this, but in the fierce brakes of the "airplane mission" on both consoles.

And besides, not so many people at one time called Ascension dull. They mainly complained about driving. The level itself is certainly not ideal, but with it the narrative is more integral and the action is more epic. You fly along the gorge and imbued with the scale of what is happening - the sphere is visible from the side, around the whirlwinds, lightning, rockfalls, aliens scurrying under the clouds, and somewhere below, on the ground soaked in a sudden cold rain, people are desperately trying to leave this hell ... Finally, the gorge parting, and the sunset horizon opens, the coast, and the coveted aircraft carrier awaits far ahead.

A good level, in fact.

Spiny wrote:
Yes, like the texture is better
Rather not better, but just clearer.

T
Tula Potsik 28.06.21

Bell-206
Funny, isn't the level inside the alien base dull?

R
RicoChico 28.06.21

Tula Potsik
Very entertaining. With zero gravity, the gameplay changes, and the garbage from the island floating along believable physics creates a "wow effect".

B
Bell-206 28.06.21

Tula Potsik
With the "Core" level, in general, the story is the same as with the "Ascension". The gameplay is weak, but the design is very good.