3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 27.09.20 09:37 pm

What you're up to (Wasteland 3)

Waited for this game for a long time and the game is very in place, tightens dead. I didn't find any disadvantages, so 10 out of 10 as a game of the year and the most atmospheric game in the post-apocalypse setting.
71 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bryan Welch 27.09.20

The game, frankly, is kind of bullshit. The fighting is a stupid randomizer. You can miss twice in a row, standing on the next cage, and then the same character from the same weapon to get through five cells in the enemy, who hid behind cover. Such a fighter was made about 20 years ago. Who would have hinted to the developers that progress during this time has stepped forward. Played a couple of hours and demolished, not even because of the above-described idiocy, but because the game evokes a point - the plot is jaded, dialogues and what the developers call humor - predictable and dull, loading locations on the top iron is unrealistically long. It is not clear where so much excitement from the game pours into the ears. Is everything paid for?

a
andi555777 27.09.20

Part 2 captivated me but the third step back. Where did the same console where all the events were described.
Completely unnecessary perks appeared. Why swing automatic weapons if it is weak and unnecessary. And some small gun blows 4 times as much as a kalash. And the cost on points moves less. The point of pumping communication skills is also questionable. It's always better to take more and get a lot of money. It's been a long time. Impressions are twofold

l
lewe0fun 27.09.20

Passed on the "main reptile" very easily (except for the fictitious initiation of the battle, where the enemy almost always goes first and cuts the floor of the team)
The normal plot/additional quests.
Re-playing.
The picture is pleasant, though the stars do not throw from the sky.
- the game is short.
- horseradish optimization, (empty brakes/couple of departures) long downloads and on the M2 NVMe SSD, loads only one core.
- bugs in quests and interfaces, description/localization curves.

g
gloccc 27.09.20

andi555777
The second part was extremely mediocre in terms of plot, quests, dialogues and graphene. Those shods that you've described are related to the balance that is easily handled by patches. Except for the console with the description. Plus for those who consider the game short - will come out free lengths with content and two large paid lengths

p
polyhedral 27.09.20

Strange, like a normal game. But I didn't leave any impressions like the second one. The second one seemed bigger.
Yes beautiful, juicy meat is present it's straight. Music 10.
I was unlucky, my quick downloads were arch-long. It's been a long time. Mostly bugs in the mechanics, but not killing the passage and thank you.
The final visit to the city, when picking the boss, if you chose against Daddy.... It ended unexpectedly, just you win and the credits, and I thought it was just the beginning of a wild and long carnage, a breakthrough in the residence.
A greased sudden end.
The results are interesting to read at the end. For this is a huge q, for the deployment of the results.
But.... Impressions of WA, and drooling happiness I did not get, as from the second part ... I don't understand why.

R
Reverrius 14.10.20

The third part of Wasteland was one of the games I expected in 2020. Despite the rather mixed impressions of the second part (primarily due to the general "rawness" of the performance and places of poor design), I still decided to wish good luck to the developers from inXile Entertainment, especially since their other project, Torment: Tides of Numenera - came to my liking! And as it turned out, not in vain.

The plot of the third part starts five years after the Rangers' victory over Kochis and his army of synths. Victory was given to the heroes too big a price: the citadel of rangers was destroyed, General Vargas died and desert rangers were on the verge of survival. Fortunately, the organization was able to contact the state of Colorado and the local leader, who is a patriarch. He offered help and resources in exchange for a favor - the search and forced return of his rebellious offspring, who intended to overthrow his father from the throne. Group of Rangers "November" goes to Colorado to make an alliance with the Patriarch ...

Speaking of Wasteland 3, first of all I would like to note the increased quality of the project, both technical and meaningful. The picture became prettier, tactical battles are more visually effective, and dialogues with NPC - got a full voiceover. As for the plot, in my opinion, it turned out to be moderately fascinating (definitely better than the last part) and variable. Yes, Wasteland 3 has a pretty good freedom of action! By the way, during the entire passage of the game - I did not encounter any critical bug, the game worked steadily, from the disadvantages I can highlight only that too long loading locations.

The setting also came out as suitable - "winter" post-apocalyptic ocalipsis, filled with frozen gangs and motley fanatics (which is only worth gippers, worshipping the "living" statue of Reagan!), corrupt sheriffs and fans of old-school horror films (led by Drab Juraku), etc.

The role-playing system in Wasteland 3 has been optimized. The number of skills reduced, but in this case it rather benefited the game. For example, the "small arms" skill is now responsible for firing shotguns and pistols, and the "automatic weapon" skill is responsible for the possession of assault rifles and submachine guns. However, with "guns" there is a certain imbalance: for example, assault rifles are too weak, and submachine guns - too imb. The same with shotguns - low efficiency compared to pistols. In skirmishes with enemies, too, there is a "simplifying" passage joint: a character with the skill of "working with mechanics" can safely "throw" the battlefield portable turrets, distracting the attention of already not too clever enemies on themselves. Therefore, if someone expected a "smart" tactical challenge from Wasteland 3, it did not come quite to the right address.

But if you are connoisseurs of cool soundtracks, Then Wastela nd 3 - this is exactly what you need! Unambiguous contender for "best soundtrack of the year"!

And in general, we have a suitable CRPG, able to captivate all those who missed the good old "post-apocalypse".

8/10

a
aist16 19.10.20

sobr21
Exterra Project wrote:
we are ambushed by the daughter of the Patriarch with two robots.
In this episode, the only way out is to calmly disperse after the conversation.
Robots can be destroyed, and my daughter - Unkillable, so done software.
I," no matter how "s majed" - all the shots on it - "miss" even with "instant murder."
You can shoot and beat her indefinitely. Or, before the credits. :-)
Before this episode of autopreservation, so, rebooted and dispersed peacefully.

A
Angelo4ekT 19.11.20

Game - bomb ! It's unreal, there's a new Baldur III, and it's the third time I've been through Wasterland.
And I feel I'll start on the extreme in the fourth.
Let's leave bugs and long downloads - I do not have bugs on ultra-settings, and loaded it is seiv tedious, and transitions are tolerable. But as for combat and skills - it's all about competent pumping, and starting with the parameters of the characters from the beginning of the game and their first creation/hire. The game is sharpened under a competent combination of parameters-skills-and weapons! Having passed the game repeatedly, you understand how to pump fighters, for maximum efficiency and in combat, and the whole squad in combat and non-combat situations, although I personally almost always preferred the combat denouement of the situation, rather than the success of boltology, it is needed only in some situations to get the task of you quest - mainly for arrest, not killing the children of the Patriarch.
Cons - yes, the game is essentially a lineup with several linear interchanges. The reputation of the factions almost does not affect anything, only some traders on the world map will not sell you some buns, which is unpleasant, but not critical (but really by the end of the game to have Love at all factions, knowing all the nuances). Saves load - tiring, and in a few places have to save-climb, if you want to knock out cool guns and armor better at the beginning of the game, and a couple of guns and can not fall out for the whole game.
But in general, with a competent strategy of pumping the squad and competent pumping of each fighter of the squad personally and the best weapons, the game is held without problems (and it is funny to read the losers) and gives maximum pleasure.
9 out of 10 only because of the torment endured due to save-loading and the accompanying long loads because otherwise you will not be 100% cool and cool.

Spoiler

g
gliga142 05.08.21

Total disappointment - let's seriously consider this game:
The bottom graphics are not even comparable to the ATOM RPG, which came out two years earlier, because the design of most locations was made absolutely out of some kind of boxes and other objects that do not represent any logic , as well as a bunch of gag in the form of non-existent things and the dumbest rofla everywhere and everywhere like toaster worship locations, and so on .. It's not clear how gangs, for example, live in this world - after all, the authors did not draw any objects of residence for them, it feels like design a fifth-grader was studying.
The plot - was it? You come to the winter map, find the three children of the Patriarch, get resources and a good ending - are you serious? There is even nothing to add here .. The emphasis is on the dumbest polids with endless stupid rofly over everything and everything - GAME CLOWN.
Gameplay - The only thing that somehow entertains in this game, however, after 50-60% of the passage, there is no longer any development and personally I had a desire to just stupidly quickly run it and delete it ... It helped me in the last hour of the game to avoid a whole ONE FIGHT !!!)))))
In general, the game turned out for a very inexperienced player - if you have never played such games, then in principle you will like it if you played such games like Pillars of Eternity - this hat will disappoint you.
The developers decided to simply go to the brand with minimal resource costs.

V
Vitaliku76 20.01.23

Exterra Project,
I don't believe you, because at the first meeting with Liberty, there is no way to kill her, without cheating. According to the plot, you have to disperse and that's it. Fighting her is the end of the game where you lose.

V
Vitaliku76 20.01.23

gliga142
in general, it's not even worth comparing Westland 3 with Pillars of Eternity. They are completely different fighting games. And if in the second pillars there is a terrible turn-based combat, then in the first part there is a completely different system. I really appreciate Pillars of Eternity, I assure you I don’t even remove it from the screw, I know that I’ll still cut into it, I recently saw an interesting video how you can make a powerful melee build from a mage, I really want to go with it)
Well, I don’t understand the complaints about loading, I don’t even have hemorrhoids with downloads, everything is very fast.