3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
letapulo 04.10.20 09:43 pm

Is it worth the remakes (1-3 part) resident evil? (Resident Evil 2)

Friends, tell me, please.
I decided to familiarize myself with a series of games resident evil, but reading how many parts there are and in what, they say, the order to play - dumb down.
How well I will understand the plot and the overall lore, if I start playing with one part, which is a remake (2015 ) and all the other remakes on the list. There's a lot of intermediates and zeros.
Just became interesting all this setting and the plot itself as far as I was able to see the passages on the stream.

I'd be happy if anyone might.
11 Comments
Sort by:
d
dimakozhanov 04.10.20

letapulo
The original RE1 and remake in terms of plot and game are generally the same, The remake differs only by graphon and a small extension of the plot, which is generally insignificant, RE2 is better to go through the original and remake, because the remake decently cut the plot to fully see the plot in the original RE2 you have to go through Leon script A-Claire script B and Claire script A-Leon script B, in RE3 plot a little and in general in the original and remake of the plot is identical but the content is different, so it is better to pass both the original and the remake, RE0 to the passage is desirable as it is a full number part, although released later than the first three parts, all numbered parts of the RE passage are mandatory, from intermediate to passing desirable RE Code: Veronica and RE Revelations 1 and 2, the rest of the intermediate parts at your discretion, if laziness in all parts of play then better look at the series of rollers History Of the StopGame.Ru.

l
letapulo 04.10.20

dimakozhanov
Thank you!

l
legusor 04.10.20

letapulo
there's a pretty mediocre lor, and the plot itself. Start in any order.
but if you still want a chronology on the main games, I advise you to pass in this order:
resident evil zero
resident evil + remake
resident evil 2 + remake
resident evil 3 + remake
resident evil 4
resident evil: code veronica
resident evil 5
resident evil 6
The end.
The resident evil 7 does not apply to the total canvas of the lora at all.
Resident evil zero and resident evil: code veronica are, as it would be called, secondary games, from the point of view of lora, but I recommend them on a par with the rest.
There are still all sorts of spinoffs, like resident evil gun survivor, outbreak 1.2, dead aim, but it's already a secondary game.
There's still a series of 1.2 that tries to break into the main canvas of the total lora, but in fact it's the same secondary shit as the game described above. they can be passed, but it is unlikely to be interesting and pleasant.
and there are generally liquid feces - operation: raccoon city and umbrella corps - pathetic misunderstandings, which are not even worth paying attention to in the order of theoretical familiarization. By genre it is cooperative-competitive team jokes.
I also recommend in chronological order cartoons on resident evil, which are three parts. on the lore they do not affect, performed medium, but bribed by the fact that the main roles familiar on the main games heroes.
Biohazard: Regeneration
Biohazard: Damnation
Resident Evil: Vendetta
There's still a cartoon of evil executer, but it's just loose third-rate feces, it's unclear how and why it appeared. It's worth passing by.

l
letapulo 04.10.20

legusor
Thank you very much, mate. can't you say, namely those first 3 parts, which came out remake, they are generally quite autonomous and interesting in themselves? And then you were so critical of a bunch of different intermediates, that I think that it is only modern to pass. Just your personal opinion about those three remakes, if you can.

l
legusor 04.10.20

letapulo
if purely on remakes, the resident evil remaster is made with the same gameplay and visual style (even the best, playing on the atmosphere of a sinister place), as the original, however, in addition to completely redesigned graphics, the remaster expands the original game gameplay, script and from the point of view of the lore. compared to the original, there are no changes in game mechanics and plot, but there are many innovations in terms of expansion. especially good contrast will be felt if the original game was passed more than once. It's definitely worth it.
the remake of the second part, in fact, simply copies the original (extremely successful), somewhat complementing some of the plot points and expanding the final minutes of passage. The main difference from the original - technical performance: in addition to modern graphics and TPS-camera, the gameplay shifted towards survival horror, relative to the original, where the buffoon prevailed. excellent remake, too, recommended for passage.
but with the third part it turned out that the freak came out rather than a normal game. in the remake completely removed the non-linearity of the original, cut several key locations, and in return issued a couple of fairly mediocre, in terms of quality and gaming experience, solutions. The concept of the main boss has also radically changed to the side of deterioration, and his appearance eventually becomes like plagiarism monsters from another movie universe. the duration of the game has also decreased. gameplay shifted towards the shooter, there were somersaults, rolls and counterattacks. the third remake looks exactly like an addition to the second part, but not as an independent game. from what expanded relative to the original - give to play for one of the secondary characters (in the original he was secondary, immediately, rather goes to the commander in chief) and better reveal the motivation of the main villain.
The original first three games of the series are personally well played for me now, because they are some of the most favorite games in general and were repeatedly re-sold twenty years ago, on the first playstation. recently passed the first part on the ePSXe emulator, and the second and third - on the emulator dolphin, in the assembly options seamless HD project, where all textures look beautiful.

l
letapulo 04.10.20

legusor
Thank you again for the huge amount that I had fucked up, and I, a fool, painted so much.

X
X-Ray01 10.10.20

legusor
About operation: raccoon city agrees, about the revelation 2 no, the chic part though does not apply to the overall concept of the series, RE7 if you take it as a separate game is excellent than something similar to the 4 part, but just 5 I did not like, I do not know for what it was praised at the time on me it is some kind of trick just

S
STING77 19.03.21

Answering the Vorpos topic, I will say yes and no right away.
Honestly, I like the original more ...
RE remake, running around the police station with the lights off, with a flashlight, with 5 rounds in a pistol from a bunch of zombies, it's still fun, but the game is scary, but the eyes get tired too ..
Tyrant 103 m-X I learned to open doors and walk up stairs, I decided to add ballistics to the game, but it’s not entirely clear how it works, when aiming at the head of a zombie, it starts to swing, evasion is not worked out ..
Let's just say for people unfamiliar with the series, on medium and hard level will have a high threshold for entering the game.
For those who played RE2 the original 20 years ago
It will be nice to plunge into the atmosphere of the game.
In general, it seems to me that the game is mostly for fans ..
Disadvantages - graphics, zombie models, not the logic of what is happening, namely riddles ...
And I love solving puzzles in complete darkness, I love puzzles, but in the dark, running around "looking for plugs"
Re 3 which in SONY STORE costs 3,500 rubles, in general it turned out some kind of soapy, short addition, where nemesis looks more like someone else's ...
In short, HAPPY - it's just that they made money on the feelings of the fans, that's all ..

D
Denis g 19.03.21

STING77 wrote:
Tyrant 103 m-X Learned to open doors and walk up stairs
That for me personally pretty much nailed the atmosphere of a leisurely and thoughtful passage, characteristic of the series before Nemesis, which is now cosplayed by a remake of the deuce. In the third part, this is more or less justified, this race across the locations (although in the remake it just diminished, there Nemesis, in addition to bossfights, almost does not press), but in the deuce, this running around the site is frankly superfluous.

k
kurskiy 05.04.21

The first part and Zero are not exactly a remake (everything is complicated there, this is a remaster of a remake from 2002, it seems, was released on the GameCube). Therefore, in the plot plan, you will not lose. The second and the third are remakes, the gameplay and plot will be different, but in general the essence remains the same. So the original parts are optional, and I don't know if they run on modern OS or only through the emulator. But what you can definitely miss is Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps - it has nothing to do with the series, and there is no plot there.

D
Denis g 24.05.21

legusor wrote:
but if you still want a chronology of the main games, then I advise you to go in this order:
resident evil zero
resident evil + remake
resident evil 2 + remake
resident evil 3 + remake
resident evil 4
resident evil: code veronica
resident evil 5
resident evil 6
end.
resident evil 7 does not apply to the general outline at all.
resident evil zero and resident evil: code veronica are, as you might call it, secondary games from a lore point of view, but I recommend them along with the rest.
there are also all sorts of spinoffs, such as resident evil gun survivor, outbreak 1,2, dead aim, but this is generally a secondary game.
there is also a series of revelations 1,2, which tries to get into the main outline of the general lore, but in fact this is the same secondary shit as the games described in the sentence above. you can go through them, but it will hardly be interesting and pleasant.
I would move Veronica one line higher, all the same, events take place three months after Raccoon City, and several years before the events of the four. And between them I would still insert the first Revelation, which takes place in this interval, and quite suitable for itself, even recognized by many connoisseurs as the return of the series to its origins, after the numbered parts that turned into jesters in open locations. The main problem of the game was that this is a port from cheap portables, but at least graphene was pulled up there.
Between the fifth and sixth, the second Revelation, which seems weaker than the first, but still quite a good game in the series, coexists quite well. At least these are all the canon games of the series, and do not fucking understand what spin-offs.