3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 13.10.20 11:12 pm

Is there a game that could really surprise?

When was the last time you played a game like this to surprise, immerse, and what kind of game was it? Even on the chart, many games are the same, all have cool graphics, but to realism is very far. When max payne came out and half-life 2, these games were really breakthrough, nothing like that happened, the graphon struck, it seemed so real. Well, what games can surprise?
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.20

the last time I marveled at the dark messiah of the sword and magic where shorter windows were glazed and there in the glass refraction was that distorted the objects behind them. I got excited and believed in the light of the graphone and shader 3.0 after that. Since then, only photon tracing of the path, which no consumer map can do, can stir up and stir my senses, so that I lie with my clothes and sobbed in religious graphic ecstasy from the real photon mirage of the oasis in 3D desert with a refraction of air density.

P
Protocol10 13.10.20

Katanar
RDR2, gta5, witch 3, flipp of ace 1 and 2, year of brew, metro exodus, HF alyx, RE2 remake

M
MadHamsterHead 13.10.20

Katanar
Just to dive headlong into something new for himself it was Dark Souls 3. In principle, before it knew nothing about soul-likes (as genre/subgenre, whatever you want to call), heard that there is some dark soul, which is considered too complex, that it all burn, gamepads break, sometimes bumped into gameplay in rollers, but did not particularly distract. And then I had a noogyim in my life, and I decided to try the third part for the sake of diversity, although the thought was "I'll run for a couple of hours and tear this masochism." In short, I ran so that passed all the parts with all the DLS.
I do not know, I was somehow surprised by this incomprehensible mysterious world of the game, all this innuendo, unconventional presentation of information through the description to the subjects with almost complete absence of plot, all this atmosphere of hopelessness, chic art design, although the graphics there was not the best, well, the cord-gameplay and chelenge, which the game provided, although I played as a nobe and burned constantly, but never appeared. And it was nice to find references to Berserk, one of my favorite animes.
Miyazaki is a genius, of course, though a copypaster. Elden Ring is now one of the most anticipated games.

p
pekabir 13.10.20

last time surprised only blade and sorcery

s
saa0891 13.10.20

Katanar
I advise you to try fashions for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., they really surprise original ideas and mechanics, at least for the beginning of the F.O.O.G.R.A.F.F., and so that would get the maximum chelengage of course NLC 7 build 3.0, Dead Air, MISERY.
From the latest games of course ATOM RPG, Divinity: Original Sin 2 well and Baldur's Gate 3 already show that it promises to be even cooler in terms of mechanics and work, when finished, Larian Studios beautiful.

r
requiemmm 13.10.20

Graphics have long been not surprising, no. Well, the recent Othercide turned out to be quite stylish, the guys succeeded ... and very complicated, if not read descriptions of skills and monsters:)
You can think of UnderRail as an example of the modern reincarnation of classic Follachies. Scary as hell, but how many opportunities there, no AAA game is like that.
And you can remember UnderTale, which is even scarier, pixel behind the pixel is worn with a baton, but it does not prevent it to be an interesting fairy tale, which unobtrusively and gently dunks the head in the shit of excessively bloodthirsty players. It is a rarity in the present times of the dominance of blunt wet over all components of the game.
And then there's the old game you all missed, most likely the Inquisitor. The first Diablo with quests and tons of text. It's really closer to Decadence than diablo, but the gameplay is similar.
Unexpectedly for myself, I began to stick in party walkers with discrete movement, like Bunny Black, Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, Mary Skelter - Nightmares and the like. Squalor, but addictive, surprising:)
In general, now you need to dig to find something interesting, expensive games have long rolled down into UG.

Here NLC without the presence of modding skills is not recommended at all. Too much madness, too many idiotic and mutually exclusive edits has been made into it over the years by a herd of clowns without any coordination among themselves. It really all starts with a dozen hours in Far-e, then you can play.

K
Katanar 13.10.20

saa0891
No, the stalker should not offer not under what kind, the game is very outdated, and on schedule and throughout. There are so many similar games and much better to eat)) It used to be a little choice of games, and now almost everything is, although this may be a small one... Although once, stalker was a breakthrough good game, similar games with such a free world, almost no. And the graphics looked pretty real for their time. It's a pity, but there are such games that are suitable only for the time when they came out, then they are severely obsolete, and to pass them become not interesting. Jas is still a fashion for pixel games, but many look even worse than on dandy)) It is clear that the main thing is not graphics and gameplay in them. Well, I do not know, well do not catch me pixels, still it is important for me that at least a little normal looked, then you can dive) And the fact that many games look like it yes, the graphics are not particularly surprising, it is almost on the same level. But it is clear that the developers are trying to surprise, and it is good, perhaps something will come up that we will be surprised as before))

s
saa0891 13.10.20

Katanar wrote:
No, the stalker should not offer not under what kind, the game is very outdated, and on schedule and throughout. There are so many similar games and much better to eat))
According to the graph it is of course outdated although there are modifications that make the picture in the game quite watchable even by today's standards

Spoiler

But on the account of similar games and much better you are very much mistaken, for all this time even close to anything similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. unfortunately did not do, but the stalker only on ballistics and shooter mechanics devotes all the games, here really every weapon is felt and different in mechanics (I would love to play similar games, MMO And what cool mechanics and chips are implemented in global fashions I do not even say, in AAA projects such do not see, such fashions just surprise, and most importantly from them get a ton of chelenge and impressions, a few mods above I listed, but their actually business is just immeasurable, and it's global fashions with its plot, quests and a bunch of original plush If you really want something interesting, I advise you to try.

K
Katanar 13.10.20

saa0891
I don't argue that stalker is a good game, but only for my time, for me it did not pass the test of time. The quests are not very interesting, not memorable, although the game is visually remembered strongly, and so much so that there is no strength in the same locations to walk)) Previously out of patriotism, and lack of games, forgive some disadvantages games, especially if the game is made in Russia. As so we have made the game, what well done as cool, but now, I do not make any discounts games, even if associated with the Russian theme. I really calmly evaluate the game, and see the pros and cons in it. And if you are a talented Russian developer, you will be able to compete with Western games... And the fact that we have few decent games, and other shods, and only on this to make privileges games, now I'm not going. Once again, the stalker was a good game, photorealistic graphics, open world, it then ahead of many games, but it has a lot of disadvantages. Jas these games with the open world is very much, take farcray, 3 part was done with the soul, 4 was done only to do, the score of it is 4 and is))

S
StormX07 08.11.20

VR helmet may yet surprise. But there is little content.
And mostly primitive, cut.

The presence of Russian voice acting affects immersion in the game.
The presence of the Controller is very decisive for the PC, if you learn to play them then you can get a new experience from single games.
This is to touch especially hardcore players who love challenging games.

Exanima
To survive in this game, you need to roll up copy saves,
not to lose 1 life

The mechanics surprised me. A Plague Tale , Exanima, Arma 3, Mortal Kombat, TLOU Multiplayer, NHL,
Little Nightmares, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
well, and the above named series like Dark Souls or Sekiro.
Mostly not a step-by-step genre.

DualShock 4 connected through InputMapper for Windows

The presence of the controller is very hesitant for the PC, all the new games are sawing under them.
And that means the feeling of managing these games will develop from this.

Who doesn't know. You can allocate one game for yourself and pass it on the Gamepad.
I first had a CoD WW2 game. If you were able to FPS shooter, then consider the machine and other genres will already play freely.

- minus: There are also negative examples
I passed Diablo III on the Playstation, but tossed in half and sold the console.
Now I can't bring myself to play Diablo III on PC, the version has no gamepad support.
And without it, there are no more of the sensations of complexity that I got before.

A
Anderby 19.12.20

For me, the Final Fantasy series is a consistent source of new experiences. Each license plate is a new era for me. The series is built on this, it is always an experiment - to do everything in a new way, keeping the spirit of the series, to create a new setting. Well, plus each part is a technological peak for its time. It's a pity that the license plates come out less and less often.
Final Fantasy XVI doesn't disappoint at the moment. I was pretty sure they were using the Agni's Philosophy demo as a base, as they used Versus XIII to create XV, but thank goodness I was wrong.