3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grozniy 15.10.20 04:25 pm

Hidden attack (Baldur's Gate 3)

I can't understand why additional 1d6 damages are added when a thief attacks from a state of stealth. From the description - you must have an advantage over the enemy or the party must be near the enemy. Choose on the panel Remote hidden attack, in stealth when hovering on the enemy shows - you have an advantage, and when attacking in the log only damage of the short bow 1d6 z3 bonus agility and that's it. How do you backstay yourself?
11 Comments
Sort by:
S
St_Slave 17.10.20

Everything is added. Even more, as for me the covert attack was incorrectly implemented.
I explain, instead of adding 1k6 to the damage from the "right" hand:
1. Separately throw attack and damage cubes from the right hand
2. Attack and damage cube from the right hand, a hidden attack modifier
3. After this ugliness, the cheat can perform a bonus action twice more, i.e. attack with a weapon in his left hand.
Total 4 attacks per move on level 2. (For example, a warrior has 4 attacks only on level 20 or 5 if there is a doubles fight). All other classes will have 3 attacks at best from Level 5 (and that's given the bonus action, i.e. left-handed attack). Because the modifier of a hidden attack grows with the level and on the release will bring subclas - killers. The Dodgers are a common imba....
You could not have suffered any damage from a covert attack:
1. The conditions for its implementation were not met

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

The skill that allows the cheat to do two bonus actions is called "trick action" and he gets it on the second level, but that's only according to the rules:"... You can only use it for jerking, retreating or ambushing."
The Larians have so far been badly "bafed" by the cheat. He shouldn't have 4 attacks from Level 2...

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

Why cheat the best DD:
Let's imagine that we have a level 10 cheat with the killer's archetype (armed with a long bow and two short swords) attacking a group of enemies with stealth. Before the fight, the stealth attack can be carried out 2-3 times (this I have already tested in early access). Attack from stealth makes the status of the enemy "captured by surprise" (in the Russian localization of the game - "surprised").
Now back to our archetype - the killer. At level 3, he has a wonderful skill of "elimination" (all throws of attacks on enemies who did not go in the current move - committed with an advantage; all hits on creatures captured by surprise - critical!)
And now simple math:
1. Attack with stealth "hidden attack" and fall as the main weapon and covert attack.
2. Crazy damage:
--1k8/5 (20 agility modifier) ) q2 - 12 - 26 (critical damage from attack by the main weapon)
- (1k8/5/5k6)
Total: 34 - 112 Given that it is possible to make 2-3 attacks with stealth then it is "one shot - one corpse"
If you are "dragged into battle," then run/hide/repeat or go to the invis/repeat.

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

Competition for such a build on the 10th level can be only a magician, with his AE spells 5 levels of the type "cone of cold" (8k8 damage in the unsuccessful rescue of the enemy) or "impact of steel wind" (6k10 damage). But the spells are sythative and not infinite...

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

If you speculate that other classes on level 10 can counter cheat.
Pathfinder
at level 5, it appears to be a 1st attack (main action). Total 2 right-handed attacks q 1 left-handed attack (if doubles). We go by maximizing the damage. Take the archetype "hunter" and "breaker of the hordes" Since I play a pathfinder, I quite often use the "ord breaker" in a long-range battle (allows you to hit 2 opponents with the main attack) in close combat almost not effectively.
Total in the long-range battle from level 5 you can hit 2 opponents with two shots each:
The damage will be: 1k8/5/1k8/5/12-26 for each opponent, i.e. at best 52 damage per move is crazy (and at best, at least one of these 4 attacks will be critical). A pitiful damage compared to a cheat.
In close combat, it is better for the pathfinder to conduct a full attack (2 strokes with his right hand, 1 stroke of the left).
Damage 1k6/5/1k6/5/1k6 q 5 q 18-33 damage.

G
Grozniy 17.10.20

St_Slave
Yesterday I tested again on purpose. The covert melee attack is over, that's right. The issue of remote attack - dug up in the rules (more precisely in the description of the cheat class in NWN 2) that a remote covert attack is carried out from a distance of no more than 30 feet (9 meters), although in the description of the skill in BG3 is 18 meters. Sneaked up on this distance (9 meters) and still does not curse judging by the log. Plus is not shown on the left, where they write the probability calculation before the attack (where the advantage, etc.), that the hidden attack.

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

Grozniy
Neverwinter is based on the version of Rule 3.5 and Baldurs Gate on 5 editions. It is better not to read anything except 5 editions, so as not to fool yourself.
It goes the full distance of the long-range weapon (18m) Test a covert attack from a higher position.
There are different options:
1. For example, you with stealth shoot at the enemy that is above you - you have a hindrance, a covert attack will not pass.
2. You shoot the enemy for a partial cover, again you have a hindrance.
3. You are with the enemy on the same level, but you are standing in a puddle of water or rugged terrain, again you have a hindrance

G
Grozniy 17.10.20

St_Slave
That's interesting, especially the third point. I'll try, thank you!

S
St_Slave 17.10.20

I'll explain for the last time. I'll put it on the shelves by example:
1. Example. The enemy and you are on the same level (you have no interference or advantages, a hidden attack will not pass.

2. Example. You and the enemy are on the same level. But the crow - blinded the enemy and you have an advantage. Hidden attack will take place

3. Well, there's another example of 3. I didn't. When you have both an advantage and a hindrance (the enemy is level below you but in the shadows) - a hidden attack will not pass!

s
sobr21 19.10.20

St_Slave
Where do you have level 5 if the game is still 4 levels. And can you detail what kind of covert attack, is the skill of cheating in the cells of the spell I correctly understand?
And in your example, the damage of a hidden attack 5k6, it's a nod to such a figure, I do not understand.

S
St_Slave 19.10.20

I have a level 4 character where you saw 5?
sobr21 wrote:
And can you detail what kind of covert attack, is the skill of cheating in the cells of the spell I correctly understand?
Hidden attack is the main action, there is only a cheat. 5k6 damage - damage on 10 cheat level (at 20 level 10k6)