3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
ri4ka 16.10.20 07:30 pm

HDR screenshots don't look like the monitor shows

Hello everyone, I'd like to know how to take screenshots on the monitor with HDR enabled so that they keep their look.
Here's a screenshot taken with THE HDR enabled,
Screen
It doesn't look the way I see it, below the photo from the phone
Photos
Maybe there are some special screens for HDR?
18 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gera95 16.10.20

Usually. Try to take a screenshot through the screenshot. If it is the same, then HDR is not real, works not from the matrix, but through illumination.

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Gera95
The screen is usually made, it is in the first message, a monitor with a certificate of HDR10 on specifications like q). When HDR is turned on, the monitor goes from 10bit to 30bit.
monitor if that's what ASUS TUF Gaming VG27

K
Kenn1y 16.10.20

It is unrealistic to completely fix the screen without processing, there will always be a difference, it is easier to score, the other person still will not see the screen or video as you see it, when you play and watch the movie.

G
Gera95 16.10.20

ri4ka wrote:
monitor if that's what ASUS TUF Gaming VG27
He's an SDR, not an HDR.
Spoiler

HDR support through backlighting. Take pictures, so. :)

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Kenn1y
found the info, The Winda itself is able to save HDR screens, the main thing is through Game Bar to do, it turns out a screen in the format . Jxr
JPEG XR ImageJXR is a format of files in the category of rastra images, the full name of which is JPEG XR Image. JXR files have been created to support better compression and to make them more accurate than the files. Jpg. The image, which is stored in JPEG XR format, was developed from the very beginning by Microsoft for its Windows Media program. Supports the 48-bit RGB image. It is used when you need professional editing of high-resolution images. It also supports compression with losses and without losses. JPEG XR, formerly known as HD Photo and Windows Media Photo, is the standard of coding. This is also a file format for photo images. It was patented by Microsoft. This standard supports Windows Vista, just like any operating system that has .NET Framework 3.0 installed on. It defines color formats in order to print and display. It also identifies special coding in order to expand dynamic range, loss-free and loss-free compression functions, and effective decoding for many permissions with minimal computer resources to convert or decode. JPEG XR is highly efficient. Let's say, with 85% quality, there are almost no artifacts.

K
Kenn1y 16.10.20

ri4ka
Only others who don't have such a monitor/TV won't see that difference, especially if it's ANED that you see at the moment of play or when watching other content, so in static you can consider it nothing more than a game with colors.

M
MisterBounty 16.10.20

ri4ka
not bad it would be to throw screenshots saved in JPEG XR format, can there be any difference

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Don't throw here, miximum 5 mb, and they're 12-15mbs
p.s. I'll be at home to be broomed, but if the monitor doesn't support HDR then it won't look right

G
Gera95 16.10.20

ri4ka wrote:
It turns out to be a screen in the format. Jxr
Ansel also does, creates two fail, one png the second EXR, they are completely identical in image if the monitor is with HDR. This setting is used as a filter to improve the image quality with SDR in screenshots, and if the monitor with HDR then no improvement occurs.

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Gera95
EXR tried, displays not correctly (in haraizen generally curls black screen ...), that's if you're interested three screens in .jxr https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TBWgKz1K745T12jhBEnM7XmQz-C0ylm/view?usp=sharing

G
Gera95 16.10.20

ri4ka
I'm fine with your screenshots, look:
Spoiler

I'm telling you, the problem is, you don't have a real HDR. When HDR runs through the matrix, the extension takes place across the entire range, no matter what color scheme, 8 or 10 bits. On my monitor example, HDR in 8 and 10 bits:
Spoiler

Dotted triangle, expansion occurs across the spectrum. And you only have to the side of green, yellow, and red, which clearly indicates that it happens only at the expense of the sub-look, and the flashlights in the screenshots are not reflected. )

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Gera95 wrote:
I'm fine with your screenshots, look.
It's not normal, everything is too overexposed, I have a different, I realized that you are drowning behind my squalid monitor, you can not continue, I am satisfied with q)
Gera95 wrote:
On my monitor example, HDR in 8 and 10 bits
would have HDR in 8 or 10 bits to measure
I have 30 bit in HDR
Spoiler
A with HDR off 10bit
Here you can check how many bits of http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/display_settings.php

P.S. makes sense to compare my monitor for 30k and DELL UP2718 for 110k? which for such money does not even have 1000 brightness ...it is only 400, not far gone from my 350, the only thing that is in color coverage Dell better, in HDR they are equally weak, ready only under HDR400

p.s.s. And about my monitor, I have an IPS version, and you're throwing color coverage on the VA panel, that's under my
Spoiler

G
Gera95 16.10.20

ri4ka wrote:
It's not normal, everything is too overexposed, I have a different,
It's yours, not me. My screens from the gallery game.
ri4ka wrote:
I realized you were stowing my squalid monitor,
No, you're asking why, I've been explaining why. Put the EXR out, see what's snr. I've got a good screenshot from HDR, through any utility. What suits you and what doesn't, it's up to you.
ri4ka wrote:
I have 30 bit in HDR
It should be 32, 8bits of color. 48 by 10 bits, but it's not there yet, or rather there is no content.
ri4ka wrote:
p.s.s. And about my monitor, I have an IPS version, and you're throwing color coverage on the VA panel, that's under my
Actually, it's the same picture I posted. Open the picture, there is a link written images/1/3/44-asus-tuf-gaming-vg27aq.jpg. Or do you think I was specifically looking for left-wing pictures to belittle your monitor? I'm not interested in this kindergarten. What can you do if it's like this, and what do you think about it, not me?

r
ri4ka 16.10.20

Gera95 wrote:
Actually, it's the same picture I posted.
Yes it can't be the same, the coverage percentage on IPS is higher than at the VA.
Gera95 wrote:
What can you do if it's like this, and what do you think about it, not me?
Yes, do not do anything, initially the theme was about HDR photos, in the end I found how to do them with the preservation of HDR, and all sorts of there you do not have a real HDR or your coverage of colors etc. I was not interested in monique with 1000 brightness for 150k I am not ready to give money, this monitor I am completely satisfied, I propose to close the theme of the monitor. discussed the possibility of capturing the screens, the issue resolved q)

G
Gera95 16.10.20

ri4ka wrote:
IPS coverage percentages are higher than at the VA.
Why then a staff of 30, not 32 as it should be on ips?
ri4ka wrote:
discussed the possibility of capturing the screens
This is discussed, the problem in flashlights on this, and similar, monitors, so you have to look for third-party utilities. You're the one who took the watering of your monitor.

X
X_ray_83 16.10.20

ri4ka
With Photoshop, the screens are preserved!

V
VidokGMS 01.07.22

ri4ka
Hello! I have a similar situation. I found how to view jxr images without distortion. When saving screenshots, I get two files: png and jxr. Last larger file. There is an "HDR + WCG Image Viewer" app in the Windows Store. Through it, I have both my own and your screenshots showing not illuminated :-)
The application allows you to convert a picture to SDR.

V
Vinni Pukh 04.09.22

With HDR, it’s still that dregs, first of all, they spawned a whole bunch of standards, here you have HDR10, 400/600/1000, then Samsung began to release its standards, and when you start watching tests, some monitors even VESA standard can not withstand, although the certificate costs...