3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
insel260 17.10.20 09:09 pm

Help!!!! $WINDOWS.'BT all system drive

Hello world. Faced with a problem, I do not know how to solve it. Windy has been updated, temporary update files $WINDOWS.
The folder is not removed. Each week (weekly mandatory updates), the folder size increases by 3-5 GB.
There is 100 GB of the system drive, and now the $WINDOWS.'BT folder weighs 30 GB. I have less than 9GB left on the system drive. Another week and will go to the red zone and begin the worst lags.

Help remove this shit!!!
When removing asks for the right of admin, but it's the same wine10, anyway, 100% of the rights will not get.
In safe mode, the comp does not go, do not know what is the reason that something is wrong with the wind.
Win10 Pro 1909 Pirate
The account is the same, it is with full access rights.
There are no viruses, tested by various antivirs.
Reinstalling the wind farm is highly undesirable.
13 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex-one 17.10.20

insel260
The right button on drive C, properties, disk cleaning, clean system files.
Clean everything up.

i
insel260 17.10.20

Lex-one
Hah, if it were that simple. Does not delete vinda these files. Is there any other way?
P.S. Did the cleaning by removing all checkpoints and shadow copying. The folder is in place, the weight has not changed...

.Chiken 17.10.20

insel260 wrote:
Win10 Pro 1909 Pirate
I think that's the problem. All updates are quietly deleted through disk cleaning.
I have already met many pirate assemblies, which the rights of the admin are even more fenced compared to the license, so that no one "spy" or to disable the "flame-flame" defender - all mainly through group policies. As a result - it is impossible to change some parameters of the wind, and such bugs. I can only advise to rearrange xD for a license

i
insel260 17.10.20

. Chiken
Before this last update, too, everything was removed normally. Somewhere there was a glitch. So I don't think it's a pirate. It could be, though. But if it were in a pirate, the forums would be clogged with similar topics.

O
OakSorcerer 18.10.20

If you can't delete it through system settings (there's even a special "delete old version of Vindose," and that's what it is), then try downloading unlocker, and use it to manually delete the folder.

i
insel260 18.10.20

I dug it all in, I'm not even right at the admin.
I don't want to demolish the wind... It's how much time again to put everything back...
Guys, at least give me one idea, how to get super rights. Everything I found in the Internet, to change group policies, to include the basic admin (net user administrator /active:yes), and assigning the admin to his account - did not give anything. The right to delete system files IS NO...
It's a pity that you can't play a game on a line, so this one wouldn't bet on the computer even at gunpoint!

i
insel260 19.10.20

OakSorcerer
I tried an anchor. The removal process was going on all night. Anloker has removed only 3.7 GB out of 30...
We will have to tear down the disk clean and put the wind on a new one. It's a pity how time...

Thank you all for the answers. We'll have to re-install and completely block the upgrades.

r
requiemmm 19.10.20

insel260
Couldn't you put a screw on another car and tear down everything you wanted? Or is it a note?

y
yuriko1158 19.10.20

insel260
I would see what process would "grab" the file from the folder $WINDOWS.
maybe not even the systemic process "hooliganized", then it could be nailed.

E
EShuksh 19.10.20

You don't need to demolish Windows. A way to remove the folder $WINDOWS. I can recommend a free program to get full access to files and folders on your computer - TakeOwnershipEx. According to user feedback, it also works on Windows 10. You can download, for example, here:
Spoiler http://rsload.net/soft/cleaner-disk/16259-takeownershipex.html. You can also use a variety of shredder programs to remove this folder. They are part of many complex utilities, such as TuneUp Utilities, Glary Utilities, etc. You can try downloading the download disc of Sergei Sagittarius, write it on a flash drive, load from it and remove the desired folder from there - there should be special programs for forced deletion of data. You can also download a Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu, also record it on a flash drive, download from it, run Ubuntu (it can run without installation), mount Windows sections (this should happen automatically) and try to remove the folder.

i
insel260 21.10.20

yuriko1158
It's all about the law. Winda says, quote- "No rights. Suck your paw."

requiemmm
Oho
I'm a fool! That's a point! Only now will have to look for a computer with a free M2 connector. But, thank you, a really simple solution.

EShuksh
Thanks for the info, if you can not find a second comp with a free connector M2, I will use a shredder.

R
RPGShnik F3 11.01.21

insel260
I removed the update center from the windows image and am not worried. any tweakers are generally bullshit, after a while the Windows constantly load something by itself, this is especially noticeable when you play, sometimes the brakes start. I checked it against the register where everything was supposedly turned off - a la I'm a stupid schoolboy. in the end I decided on drastic measures, it helped, the only built-in defender sometimes rustles. and so everything is gut. Windows weighs ~ 15GB with all the software.

l
legusor 11.01.21

in the console you write
cleanmgr / tuneup c: you
wait
in the window that appears, put all the checkmarks and agree
in the console, write
clecanmgr,
select the disk
, check all the boxes,
agree,
wait
at the end, watch the result
, you can use the patch cleaner. start, wait, press delete, see the result.
Alternatively, boot from any WPE boot disk and try to delete this folder.
also, alternatively, you can disable the update orchestrator and windows update services so that there are no updates.